This thread is being watched by 1 person
Morph is off-line
12 February 2015 14:48
Morphy22
Photographer
Morphy22
Essex
Colchester

So im wondering wether i know any other photographers who have girlfriends who disapprove of their hobby/work doing photography I love it and want to continue not sure what would any one else say

EdT is off-line
12 February 2015 15:37
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

I don't know. Do you know any other photographers who have girlfriends who disapprove of their hobby?

Paul Hodson is off-line
12 February 2015 16:13
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from EdT
I don't know. Do you know any other photographers who have girlfriends who disapprove of their hobby?

smiley
I hope I'm not one - my wife would kill me!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

12 February 2015 16:43
PaulManuell
Photographer

Bit of a strange question, Morphy22. Are you talking through personal experience, ie., you have a wife/gf/partner who does or does not disapprove and so are interested in others' experiences for comparison, or are you just asking in general? Me personally, I'm fugly so don't have a partner to either approve or disapprove my hobby.

Matthew G is off-line
13 February 2015 14:32
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

According to your profile you've only ever done three shoots and they all look like they have some clothes on and one of the pics is a guy so you must have a fairly F.I.N.E girlfriend!!

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
13 February 2015 16:02
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I refuse to tell my ex-wife about my photography in case she wants to pose for me. 
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
14 February 2015 07:34
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Ill keep a eye on this topic,but again actual question asked hasn't been answered(apart from some "humourous" answers),but MG is commenting on his profile images,...
In my answer..yes i have had girlfrds/partners/wife (ex) who have accepted my photography but at same time not liked it.One girlfriend of 6years bought me a studio light but still moaned at times i used the said light....My present girlfriend is happy with my photography but you need to be honest about what you do AND who you photograph....

14 February 2015 08:09
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from xtiggerx
actual question asked hasn't been answered

That's probably because, strictly speaking, he's not actually asked a question. The way his post's written reads as if he's just thinking aloud to himself, wondering if he himself knows any other photographers who have girlfriends who disapprove of their photography hobby/work. Therefore, as it's written, only the OP can know the answer to that.

Profile Pictures is off-line
14 February 2015 08:31
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

It is an oddly worded question.in guessing how to answer, my girlfriend approves and has modelled for me and shot models with me, its what we do, shared interests works out great.

I think anyone else should consider their partners feelings and if you've been transparent and honest about your interactions and photogorpahy, it'd be nice if this was accepted. If it isn't accepted, then yoytr partners feelings must be accounted for and if it drives them mad, perhaps isn't appropriate.

Paul Hodson is off-line
14 February 2015 12:35
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Morphy22
So im wondering wether i know any other photographers who have girlfriends who disapprove of their hobby/work doing photography I love it and want to continue not sure what would any one else say

Quote from xtiggerx
I'll keep a eye on this topic,but again actual question asked hasn't been answered(apart from some "humourous" answers)

Well I doubt if any of us know if he knows any other photographers who  "have girlfriends who disapprove of their hobby/work doing photography"! smiley

But I can guarantee some do have them!

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
joann2
abouncer cygnet photofrank Steveh32