Reminder Secure

Website Advice Appreciated.

Anthonygh is off-line
11 February 2015 06:33
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

I want to go online with a personal website soon, and was wondering where to host it.

It will be purely my landscape / seascape stuff...so nothing to do with modelling as such. I'm not even sure if I wan't to sell from it...I'm thinking of it more as a showcase for my interests.

I have been thinking of using Clikpic......the price is right and it seems a popular package. I was wondering what people thought...any suggestions?I already have the domain name.

Colin H is onlineSilver Member
11 February 2015 06:50
thelook
Photographer
thelook
Berkshire

I have used Clikpic and found it ok to start with. I now use http://www.websites-for-photographers.co.uk/ and find the web design much better and the support second to none.
When the world whispers 'give up, a fool will say 'I'll give it one more try'.....

Profile Pictures is off-line
11 February 2015 07:08
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Squarespace is my favourite, very clean and versatile for non tech heads to get around, integrates seamlessly with smugmug for gallery and sales/password protected client areas - arranges print options via Loxley, also makes for easy blogging and very effective SEO.

Dave Beasley is off-line
11 February 2015 07:10
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Imagefile

Steve Walsh is off-line
11 February 2015 08:33
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

If its for your hobbies in general and just for you to showcase your stuff, then why not try Wix? Its easy to build, and better still, its free........

Anthonygh is off-line
11 February 2015 09:35
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from swalsh58
If its for your hobbies in general and just for you to showcase your stuff, then why not try Wix? Its easy to build, and better still, its free........

I hope it will be the site for something more commercial in the future....maybe a physical gallery, but definitely a link to future live exhibitions. So it will need a suitably professional look, ideally one that I can enhance over time. I am quite conscious of all the research that indicates first impressions are formed within seconds of opening a website for the first time.....

4EverYoung is off-line
17 February 2015 06:52
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

wordpress is a very popular option, simple to do and you have full control without needing to be a web geek
I have never failed But i have discovered thousands of approches which don't work.

w4pictures is off-line
17 February 2015 18:36
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

I wrote mine in WebPlus and it was pretty easy. Do have a look.

Hosting varies from time to time so probably best to search for the current top web hosts.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
entity Exoticangel Little_lizard prettypolly
ad360photo david1500 dazglam djb1 Dphphotography Kjoservices mike0048 Rhadamanthus rob_s57 steveh32 SteveSJS55 thelook Willy_O