Reminder Secure

Comments on my port... Please

SPS Photography is off-line
10 February 2015 11:35
SPSPhotography
Photographer

Berkshire
Maidenhead

I think the subject says it all really...

Thanks in advance

Profile Pictures is off-line
10 February 2015 13:08
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Well, that's wasn't as easy as some to figure out.
Firstly, your notes are old, or confusing since they suggest a couple of years in photography, but your references here go back to 2010 and yoy joined in 2009. I'm not sure if that's important to yoy, but it may be of interest to some models, and does serve to tune up my view of your portfolio.
Your references look pretty authentic to me, and are many, that's good news. They also suggest you shoot with a friend pretty regularly. I guess this is something you male plain to those you work with.

As for your pictures, there's a black and white outdoor nude which stands well ahead of the rest of the port I feel, its got a little interest, is a practical composition and overall is pretty good.

I think you've tried on occasion to be innovative with lighting, but much of the lighting shown is pretty flat, pretty off fr white balance or a bit random looking. If you're shooting indoors primarily, perhaps that's something to get to grips with?

I can see yoy lean towards erotic styles fairly readily, but I find the isolated body parts pictures a bit stark and obvious feeling, there could be some more emotion or passion or whatever added to they aren't so 'medical' feeling.

Youre a bugger for cutting bits out of frame, whether that's a limitation of lens set or space, its not really an excuse for scruffy composition; work with the space and gear to catch something without people feeling they're missing out on something.

Some of your exposures are a bit off, often rather dark. Dark is great, but its got to be intentional to work effective
Y I think, so a bright background with an underexposed subject looks to me like an accident rather than a decision.

I'd think at two years, maybe you're a bit of a slow learner, but at five years I'd be more inclined to suggest you need a lift In terms of tuition now if you're serious about making progress (even just serious enough to ask for critique as you've done here)

Firstly I'd push you to revise the basics about camera operation, to ensure your exposures were planned and well executed. Then I'd say get to grips with composition and maybe grab some external influences on how art is served up in other forms so we can avoid the 'tit with syrup' syndrome repeating itself.

So, anyway, that's a view assuming you want to develop somehow and get more from your pass time. If however you just fancy knocking about doing model shoots in the same style forever, feel free to ignore some of the points raised.

Edited to add - sorry, nearly missed a point - the lady with the red material at the river. So close to being really nice, certainly a great direction to have aimed for but killed by composition.

Katie Soze is off-line
03 April 2015 20:10
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

I think some of your crops are a bit dodgy but I like your lighting and everything is exposed ok.
I really hate all the macro shots of nipples, from a female perspective. It's like if I had loads of macro shots of bellends in my portfolio, it would make you think... what kind of cock crazed girl is this?
You need to learn to use photoshop, because you have some really cool pictures that would be AMAZING with the right post processing.

[img]http://images.purestorm.com/z-images13/imageupload13/SPSPhotography_86182212.jpg?147128900/[img]
if I could get away with this I would photoshop the crap out of it and put it in my own portfolio.

Katie Soze is off-line
03 April 2015 20:10
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

I think some of your crops are a bit dodgy but I like your lighting and everything is exposed ok.
I really hate all the macro shots of nipples, from a female perspective. It's like if I had loads of macro shots of bellends in my portfolio, it would make you think... what kind of cock crazed girl is this?
You need to learn to use photoshop, because you have some really cool pictures that would be AMAZING with the right post processing.

if I could get away with this I would photoshop the crap out of it and put it in my own portfolio.

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Candysugarrush Emmadunn1987 Kaylie Malika90 Mstopaz
bbphotos BCPhotography btnphil clearview_photography domnumberone flawless_photo freddie garryh4s GGDP_Photography GlasgowPhotographer grahamh imageatthemill JPV jskazza kerryyy92 Kiboko Kjoservices kzc23 Mattcairns MIB mlp Peter_d_photography Philski plld riddell robertsonshug rscott360 steveh32 Steveharratt stolenfaces tommynicoll vipimages
matt