This thread is being watched by 1 person
Profile Pictures is off-line
31 January 2015 11:42
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Not wanting to see a mutual preening and ego polishing exercise as is popular elsewhere... But its become uncommon for anyone to pass a positive or appreciative comment on photographs here it seems. I notice as I try not to do so unless I feel its justified, but often notice a picture which is really good or creative that's apparently unrecognised?

Seems a bit of a shame to me.

PS naturally I'm excluding the saddo comments which we can still do without.

marlham is off-line
31 January 2015 12:55
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

I must admit I don't comment very often. And I do feel guilty about that as I receive a few from other people. But like you, when I do comment it's because I genuinely appreciate the image. Or perhaps if I see something that doesn't quite hit the mark but the effort is apparent and I'd like to give some encouragement.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
31 January 2015 12:57
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Agree, it is a pity, I have also commented similarly, before, and do try to give a comment to images I like (including one of yours, recently!) so without an excess of stunning awesomeness, it is good if we aren't too reticent of commenting on what we think are good images.

Steve Walsh is off-line
31 January 2015 15:00
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Perhaps it would be simpler if there was a 'like' button like on FB? You could show that you liked an image without making a comment. Many comments that are left are inappropriate or just plain wrong. The comments that wind me up are those like 'stunning' and 'great concept' usually on very average images. The ones that p**s me off totally are those from so called photographers who say things like 'awesome bum!' which is hardly professional, no matter how awesome it is! I suppose you have to draw a line somewhere between a really great subject, and a really great photograph. The subject may be great, but the photographers technique and composition poor, or a poor choice of subject, but excellent photography skills.

Paul Hodson is off-line
31 January 2015 15:36
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from swalsh58
Perhaps it would be simpler if there was a 'like' button like on FB?

Or "Love" - symbolized by a heart icon?  wink

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Artemis Fauna is off-lineSilver Member
01 February 2015 10:51
ArtemisFauna
Model
ArtemisFauna
Bedfordshire
Great Barford

I agree. It's very quiet here on the comments, encouragement and positivity side of things.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Stibnite is off-line
01 February 2015 13:03
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I have the header images turned off so its not easy to get the image feed, so I guess I dont see much uploaded that makes me want to go and comment.
You don't need eyes to see you need vision...........

Paul Hodson is off-line
01 February 2015 14:19
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from ArtemisFauna
I agree. It's very quiet here ..........................

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Roger Vaughan is off-line
08 February 2015 08:40
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

Quote from swalsh58
Many comments that are left are inappropriate or just plain wrong. The comments that wind me up are those like 'stunning' and 'great concept' usually on very average images. The ones that p**s me off totally are those from so called photographers who say things like 'awesome bum!' which is hardly professional, no matter how awesome it is!

Agree, comments are a waste of time.
Roger Vaughan

Moi is off-line
08 February 2015 11:18
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from BigEarsPix
Agree, comments are a waste of time.

But then again so is life

As Keith Lemon once said 'Life is what you do until you die'

(some of these 'facts' might not be correct, sorry)
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment danixhale Littlemiss01 lucypurse Michelledefeo1
AegeanSoft Auctioneer dbphoto eosfan Essexjohn j12345s jefflynne johnr keltica lenspoynter MauricesImagery MIB mlp nicetwocu philippahh photostevo redbaron Robinsky siclews stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt stevie_de talldave68 will_i_am