Page 3

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
21 January 2015 03:18
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Lets face it page 3 would have quietly died years ago had it not been for the feminist outcry. It's a creature of its time, which was the 1970's.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
21 January 2015 03:35
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from redbaron
Lets face it page 3 would have quietly died years ago had it not been for the feminist outcry.

But the fact they are claiming it as a victory to spurn further change which is tantamount to censorship is, IMO somewhat disturbing.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

21 January 2015 05:00
paule
Photographer

I do think P3 was way past its shelf life.. as are rabid feminists who are, as an organised gang, more corrosive than sexist blokes..

I think printed newspapers especially the tabloid red-tops are not long for this word either...

I note P3 will still appear online.. via subscription..

RM's P3 removal is nothing more than PR..

Paul Hodson is off-line
21 January 2015 05:46
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from paule
I think printed newspapers especially the tabloid red-tops are not long for this word either... I note P3 will still appear online.. via subscription.. RM's P3 removal is nothing more than PR..

Oh I don't know - hard to stick an ipad in the back pocket of your jeans and they tend to slide off the dashboards of Transit vans
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Sapphire is off-lineSilver Member
21 January 2015 09:21
BlueSapphire
Model
BlueSapphire
South Yorkshire

My biggest issue is that they are not considering OUR feelings as confident - albeit pretty - women who will happily expose ourselves
I couldnt happier than posing nude and it upsets me that they will happily take these jobs away from us despite our feelings towards our professions - all the feminist who are saying this is a victory - well i cant think of anything LESS faminst than taking away jobs from other women that they enjoy and not supporting us in our own indiviual decisions - feel that its wholey unfair for them to take this away and call it a victory for them when all theyve done is put us - as other women - down
And to think men wont just oggle elsewhere is ridiculous - let me look! its human nature for both sex to want to see attractive people looking hot!
Whats wrong with having a little look and admiration for topless, nude, adult photos!

Every single day soemthing makes me think "glass houses people - glass houses" - have youre opinion but dont let effect everyone else
Sapphire Blue - 10 Years of Modelling and still at it

Chris is off-line
21 January 2015 09:47
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Quote from Chandos
Yet outrage feminists don't buy the Sun regardless if it has Page 3 or not, it is just that they want to enforce their views and repression over men. Can you imagine topless fellas gets banned from all womens magazines the feminists and spineless politicians would be up in arms. Change.org needs a petition to bring boobs back on Page 3..... Another way to reverse the ban is don't buy the Sun now that the only thing worth looking at is gone.

Funny you should mention that. Do they still have the page 7 fella? 

Simon Chan is off-line
22 January 2015 01:15
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Well the Sun brought back topless ladies on Page 3 so my suggestion it was to draw publicity by Murdoch to sell papers is correct. This is a major smack in the face for those anti page 3 campaigners and feminazis who thought they won.

If I was PM I would make it law that attractive people should be denied wearing clothes altogether

Simon Chan is off-line
22 January 2015 01:22
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from profilepictures
It wouldn't be a very shrewd person who'd put a 16 year old kid toplrss in a paper now.

True but it wasnt illegal then and Page 3 for over 18 is not illegal now. You know what I mean. And even back before 2003 when it was legal to show 16-17yrs old most were over 18. Stephanie Rahn the first Page 3 model in 1970 was 20yrs old.
And while I don't like Murdoch he is a shrewd businessman and proved this by bringing Page 3 back after a lots of publicity

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 January 2015 02:19
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

LOL!!
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

DJ200 is off-line
22 January 2015 05:24
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Hertfordshire

Funny how "other people" always want to prescribe to "other people" how they should live their lives or earn their living. Don't want to be a topless Page 3 model? Simple..don't do it.  But, don't tell others not to just because you *think* it is offensive. Don't like Page 3? Simple..don't look at it or buy the newspaper. Sorted. In shot, live and let live. Many women have gone on to *fame* and fortune through the medium of Page 3..who are others to judge them and pronounce that they shouldn't do it? In short..mind yer own business. Just my 0.02p. Have a good day!

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
eclipsephoto