Canterbury

Spoonerhythms!

Simon Chan is off-line
20 January 2015 12:41
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Not so long ago we have mothers, including some feminists protesting about womens rights to breastfeed their children in public, now we have feminists welcomming the ban of Page 3 models in the Sun. The real purpose of these campaign is not about topless women but are against pretty ladies and these feminists simply don't like the idea of men looking at attractive women.
A true story. Many years ago a female friend took offence over my topless daily Star calendar and tore it down. Years later she came out and declare herself a lesbian So she wasnt offended by the images of topless women and actually rather liked it, just that she was offended by a bloke looking at it. Thing is my eyes, my mind and what I like is my own, within what is legal it is not for anyone else to decide what I'm allowed to enjoy seeing.

G Jack B is off-line
20 January 2015 14:46
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

We have complete outrage (rightly) re "je su charlie" which is to allow freedom of speech for artists printing cartoons in a newspaper .... then we ban "artists" publishing their work in a newspaper because we dont like what they are publishing - topless images...

Sorry I really cant figure it out, the answer to the outraged Muslims is dont buy the magazines, then the outraged Feminists get to tell everyone else you cant print the pictures becasue they dont like them!

Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Simon Chan is off-line
20 January 2015 14:55
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Yet outrage feminists don't buy the Sun regardless if it has Page 3 or not, it is just that they want to enforce their views and repression over men. Can you imagine topless fellas gets banned from all womens magazines the feminists and spineless politicians would be up in arms. Change.org needs a petition to bring boobs back on Page 3.....
Another way to reverse the ban is don't buy the Sun now that the only thing worth looking at is gone.

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 January 2015 15:49
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

The reason for the end of page three is the the Sun boss thinks its old fashioned. He's right really isn't he? Its a thing of the past.

Simon Chan is off-line
20 January 2015 19:23
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

If sale of the Sun drops drastically will this be reversed? I doubt quality of journalism is a strong selling point of the said paper
BTW The Sun never confirm the ban which indicate something they can change back to. This also generate a lot of publicity. Murdoch is a shrewd marketing man and I would'nt put it past him to use this opportunity to reboot Page 3 with a new Sam Fox esq topless model for the new millenia that everyone will remember and start a whole new era of household name Page 3 lovelies. It is feminism that is old fashion and have been around far longer than Page 3.

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 January 2015 20:47
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

It wouldn't be a very shrewd person who'd put a 16 year old kid toplrss in a paper now.

21 January 2015 02:36
Jackass
Photographer

Whether you read the Sun or not, or care about Page 3 or not, it's a victory for the bigots who want to impose their views. How many who voted actually read the Sun? What will attract their attention next, modelling sites like this?
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
21 January 2015 03:07
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Jackass
Whether you read the Sun or not, or care about Page 3 or not, it's a victory for the bigots who want to impose their views.

^ this

And what worries me is.... where does it end?

The 'ban page 3' group are saying their work isn't over until all photos of models in newspapers are readicated, be it lingerie or swimwear.  Then what... lads mags? calendars?  album covers?  top shelf magazines?  films?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
21 January 2015 03:10
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

As for the breastfeeding thing, I think it should be banned. If we're not supposed to be comfortable with boobs in magazines/newspapers, it should therefore be accepted that actual boobs in public can and will cause embarassment/uncomfort to others. And while some would argue that breastfeeding is 100% natural... so is looking a nice looking women too
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 klouise1992 mandymack Michelledefeo1 missloulou shadowsfire
Antony13 cliffc david1500 dirkus djb1 ElegantCaptures extra_mayo iestyn KDP lfc9_uk nemesis redbaron Steveh32 stibnite tim_oh842 Tonypage w4pictures