Reminder Secure

North West - Studios without CCTV?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
18 January 2015 11:44
SkyHorse
Photographer

Hi,
I am looking for a studio in the North West which does not have CCTV in the studio?
This my sound an odd request, however there is a reason why, my work is adult/fetish video work, in which the models face does not appear, so there is no point someone else having a recording of my shoot, in which the model can be clearly identified, which is out of my control.
The ideal of the “non-face” is just in case there employer, boyfriend or future my bring, they know this work, will not come knocking on there door.

Regards
James

Mark London is off-line
19 January 2015 01:37
MarkLondon
Photographer

London
London

Why not just ask the studio to switch off the CCTV whilst you are shooting and you can also temporarily cover any cameras with a pillow case in any areas you are shooting just to be sure

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 January 2015 02:13
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Or why not work with models who do 'adult' on a daily basis and don't have employer/boyfriend issues? (trust me, it's far easier)

Even if a studio had CCTV pointing into the shooting space I'd be very surprised if the quality is good enough that faces are identifiable (in terms of resolution, framerate and camera angle) and furthermore would be devastating to a studio's reputation should said footage go public (I believe it would be a criminal offence anyway if a business did this with said footage).

Considering how much stuff either gets stolen from or damaged in studios it's understandable why they may have some form of CCTV though, not to mention the potential in the modelling world for accusations of improper behaviour. I can't believe it would be for unsavoury reasons (again, as the quality would be so bad, camera angles would be wrong etc.), and if they were so-inclined the camera would more likely be hidden in toilets or changing rooms.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Pete Whelan is off-line
19 January 2015 04:36
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

www.vipstudios.co.uk
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

marlham is off-line
19 January 2015 05:27
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

--^
laughcheeky

19 January 2015 12:44
SkyHorse
Photographer

The shoots always follow the same format:

(1) Location & Pictures in the car!

(2) Then for the next shoot, the models says we can shoot at hers, I look at this as a free studio.

I asked one why, I do not wish for anyone to know what I am up to.

Simon Chan is off-line
20 January 2015 02:04
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

I might be naive but I just take it that studios don't have CCTV by default and should say so if they have. What do models think?

BTW not all CCTV cameras are bad quality, some are pretty good.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 January 2015 03:34
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Chandos
BTW not all CCTV cameras are bad quality, some are pretty good.

I wasn't implying they were bad per se (I know how good they can get as I'm looking at getting a 5 megapixel one for my house although I've seen a few going up to 11 megapixel), but that for the positioning of them in the studio and the fact it'll be unlikely they'll be focussed directly on the shooting area etc. that the model/photographer will simply be a small part of the recorded video scene rather than a subject that fills it, hence my implying that the quality won't be ideal as it would most likely require heavy cropping etc.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mark London is off-line
20 January 2015 05:55
MarkLondon
Photographer

London
London

I cant believe that most studios would not have some sort of CCTV setup, if just for insurance purposes

Personally I don't mind it if a studio has CCTV, it can help prove/disprove claims of theft, inappropriate behaviour, running late, etc.

If you need to shoot totally privately then a hotel room may be another option to consider

marlham is off-line
20 January 2015 06:59
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/cctv/

Unfortunately there have been a few incidences of concealed CCTV being used in studios used by models and photographers here. Needless to say the reputation of the studios and those involved in running them suffered as a result.

If CCTV is in operation then this should be noted in the studio's profile and in any advertising. Signage should also be in place on the premises. Some people will be fine with it whereas others will prefer to go elsewhere - photographers should always check with their models first rather than simply assume they'll be OK with it. The important thing is that it's drawn to people's attention BEFORE a studio accepts a booking.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
entity MISSRACHEL
andygstudios Pictureimage