This thread is currently locked
Kitten is off-line
15 January 2015 12:37
misskitten93
Model
misskitten93
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I take it there is no protection against a TFCD based shoot in which the photographer fails to get in contact and you have seen absolutely NONE of the images from your work.
I understand I wasn't paid and nor was he but I still gave my time, and he got the images and I got nothing!

Steve Walsh is off-line
15 January 2015 12:44
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

You can always give him an appropriate reference. Lots depend on what was agreed before the shoot, and how long you have been waiting. Have you been in touch with him? Email, telephone etc? Has he given any reason for the delay or just doesn't answer at all? Does he have a studio or somewhere you can go and speak to him personally?.
I always try and supply images within one week of the shoot, though there have been occasions when its up to two, but never any longer than that, and I always keep in touch with the model to make sure she knows whats happening.

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
15 January 2015 12:44
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If you did it via this site you can certainly leave a negative reference. You will not be able to expand on the reason but that won't stop other models contacting you for details.

In terms of payment though you were to be paid but in kind rather than cash. Those images are your payment and had a monetary value but sadly of course getting financial recompense for you loss would probably be more costly than it is worth.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Kitten is off-line
15 January 2015 12:53
misskitten93
Model
misskitten93
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

It was on this site and the shoot was on the 4th of January. I was told I could receive a couple of 'taster' images that night and could expect the CD within 2 weeks.
Later that night he text me and said that the wifi wasnt secured (we shot at the hotel he was staying at) and would send them the next day when he got home.
That day came and went. I messaged him on the wednesday, when the shoot was the previous sunday, and he totally ignored it. I then waited until 6 days after the shoot and messaged him again. He said he was in bed unwell and would send me a couple as soon as he was able... I said ok and mentioned arranging to get the CD with all the images. He didn't reply.

We are now approaching two weeks after the shoot and tomorrow will be a week since I've heard anything from him at all. He has logged onto Purestorm every day since.

I left him positive feedback as soon as I got in from the shoot (more fool me) ...

Am I right to be annoyed?

marlham is off-line
15 January 2015 13:44
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

If I were you I'd contact site admin straight away and cease any further discussion in the forum.

Since he's a member here admin will be able to contact him and give him a nudge. If he values his membership and reputation he will respond to that nudge.

However discussing the matter on the forum won't stand you in good stead with admin - and you're better off having their support on the matter than not.

Good luck with it

KHV is off-line
15 January 2015 13:46
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

A load of tosh "the WiFi wasn't secured".

I keep saying this on posts similar to this but what did you agree with the person in regards to the amount of images, how many edited images, what size, and what would be the estimated time?

Kitten is off-line
15 January 2015 13:47
misskitten93
Model
misskitten93
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Thank you for your afvice!

paule
Photographer

right to be annoyed.. quite possibly though its not as it it's even been the two weeks you'd agreed..

It's never good to not meet agreed timescales.. and stating that you'd receive 'taster' and then some the 'next day' maybe he just can't meet his, turns out unrealistic, deadlines..

January can be hectic for wedding photographers (if that's what he does) he may have had loads of appointments to make / keep with paying clients..

with TFP I always give a timescale with the caveat that it may slip due to paying work taking priority.. though they'll always get what we agreed..

You may yet receive the images..

Kitten is off-line
misskitten93
Model
misskitten93
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

2 weeks roughly for a cd of my shots. That was all x

FlashBangWallop is off-line
15 January 2015 14:19
FlashBangWallop
Photographer
FlashBangWallop
Lancashire
Blackpool

Its not been 2 weeks yet.
Give him a bit of breathing space ....my workload is currently 3 weeks. But yeah I keep models informed about that and dont ignore. Give him until 19th - send a polite reminder - if no reply leave reference and next time dont choose a numpty

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Robabob11
ad360photo Andy_B aprilscherz3 cps diphoto iestyn john_at_tina_spice Njsphotography oro photofrank redbaron siclews steaky74 ThePhoenixStudios zzdigital