Reminder Secure

Photo studios for rent [in Liverpool Area] ?

ByrdArtist is off-line
11 January 2015 07:37
ByrdArtist
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

First time I have used this forum, so I hope I do it right. The studio I have been using haas now closed. So does anyone know of studios (preferably not too expensive) for rent to amateur photographers in the Liverpool area?
Hoping someone can help!!

Thanks

KHV is off-line
11 January 2015 08:06
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

http://www.studiosforhire.com/index.php

Or now here's a suggestion, use the search facility on here but put "STUDIOS" in the search.

marlham is off-line
11 January 2015 08:08
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Try Pete Whelan @ VIP Studios:

http://www.purestorm.com/vipimages

Pete Whelan is off-line
11 January 2015 08:27
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

ByrdArtist is off-line
12 January 2015 15:39
ByrdArtist
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Thanks for your replies.
I have already been on Studiosforhire, but their list is out of date. Ian Anthony, which I used to use closed years ago, Virtual Candy close in the summer, Antler studios has ceased trading and Amberkat's website which is run by clkpics says the subscription has expired!! VipImages has sent a reply, but I don't know what a message of 2 smily faces means!! The hunt continues, and I am sure there are many photographers in the Liverpool area who need a studio - anyone got a large garage I can convert??

Colin

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
12 January 2015 16:31
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from ByrdArtist
Ian Anthony, which I used to use closed years ago, Virtual Candy close in the summer, Antler studios has ceased trading and Amberkat's website which is run by clkpics says the subscription has expired!!

Maybe these businesses were undercut by blokes renting out garages masquerading as studios.

Quote from ByrdArtist
VipImages has sent a reply, but I don't know what a message of 2 smily faces means!!

laughis the indicator for laughter or happiness.
cheekyis the indicator for cheekiness.

My take on this is that Vippy (vipimages) is expressing his glee that someone is looking for a studio in his area and is cheekily nominating himself  (though one would have to take the trouble to check out his profile to realise he has a website that could be of interest to anyone looking for a proper studio rather than an empty garage).

Bob

Pete Whelan is off-line
13 January 2015 06:06
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

ByrdArtist is off-line
14 January 2015 15:25
ByrdArtist
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Thanks for all your replies. Vipimages seems a good bet judging from the website, even if it is on the wrong side of the Mersey!!! I shall contact them soon, but in words, not strange cartoon characters!

I think a lot of studios have succomed to the tight financial times, with less spare cash for, how shall I put it?, non essential expenditure. I know one studio I used, had a constant stream of models wanting porfolios, or just portraits, and this was only on a part time basis. Then over the last few years the income dropped away and the studio closed some 18 months ago. Perhaps that is the case with Virtual Candy. I agree, a properly set up studio, even run on a part time basis, is better than a garage, but needs must......and I am sure we have all set up in strange locations!!

Colin

Len Maynard is off-line
22 January 2015 17:58
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

Whilst I was getting my passport I was wandering around and dropped into Wilkinson cameras 51 Lord St and saw a brochure on their Studio. try http://www.wilkinson.co.uk/studio/
"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
23 January 2015 14:39
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I know that Stockport is not that near, however Hallam Mill is excellent.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asheszlynn mandymack MercedesZielinski28 rob452 sarahjane1
ad360photo Cheshunt83 clarmike Dod1904 FlashHarold freddie funky Imageimpact jyp Ladiesman mamamiya modelboutique rscott360 simont Stoker