Exotic dancer

michellework is off-lineSilver Member
30 December 2014 12:36
michelledefeo1
Model
michelledefeo1
Essex
Colchester

Hello has anyone ever been a exotic dancer? Or thinking about it? As I know a lot of models do it on the side. Money in this industry isn't regulare. Hope this is okay to post here. I just wanted a little advice and I'm sure other models have thought the same.

marlham is off-line
30 December 2014 12:59
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

I used to shoot basic dancer portfolios for a 'tease' agency a while ago. Some dancers were much more popular than others with the venues and I believe that largely depended on how well they 'connected' with the clientele. A fine line between being a full-on tease yet not allowing it to go too far and risking the venue's licence. It's not for everyone and certainly when I did it a lot of the girls were from outside the UK (the EU even) with limited alternative job opportunities.

There are a couple of agencies - google will reveal them - and you can apply via their website if it's something you want to do. The agency I did portfolios for is still around although the lady who used to run it, and who I dealt with, died a few years ago.

morph01 is off-line
04 January 2015 09:48
Bluenote01
Photographer

Suffolk

I went out with a an exotic dancer years ago. Best to make sure you work at a reputable club like Spearmint, Raymond or one of the better clubs. The pub circuit can be a bit dodgy, lots of travel involved. The good ones earn a lot though so if you can, do it.

Chris is off-line
14 January 2015 10:49
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Quote from michelledefeo1
Hello has anyone ever been a exotic dancer? Or thinking about it? As I know a lot of models do it on the side. Money in this industry isn't regulare. Hope this is okay to post here. I just wanted a little advice and I'm sure other models have thought the same.

If you're interested in earning extra money from being nude, there are agencies who get work for nude cleaners. The money is good, and you don't have to clean toilets etc, just simple stuff while the client sits and watches. Ever thought of doing that? I would do it myself, but I doubt if I would get much work. 

laugh

KHV is off-line
17 January 2015 06:04
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

A "reputable company like Spearmint Rhino and the Raymond Revue Bar", you would wish that they were reputable.

I know/knew several who went down this route, and the days where you could earn £1400 over a weekend are long gone, and these days it's a pool of sharks, with doorman taken a cut, DJs taking a cut, bar staff taking a cut, the club taking a cut, the woman looking after the girls taking a cut.

22 April 2015 07:19
GirlsAtHome
Photographer

Michelle,

I have known a couple of models who worked as dancers and pretty much all of them have given it up in favour of webecam work. The money is the same, people have regulars just like dancing and also things like having amazon wish lists also have the potential to get you the things you want. All this from your own home and without the drunk ones who want to marry you or have wandering hands. Dont get me wrong, its quite crowded out there now but if you do it right you can do well.

Jay
If this is work,then may I work long and hard!

27 April 2015 15:30
laurenlangley
Model

Quote from Keltica
A "reputable company like Spearmint Rhino and the Raymond Revue Bar", you would wish that they were reputable. I know/knew several who went down this route, and the days where you could earn £1400 over a weekend are long gone, and these days it's a pool of sharks, with doorman taken a cut, DJs taking a cut, bar staff taking a cut, the club taking a cut, the woman looking after the girls taking a cut.

+1

I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your Internet-assembled philosophy

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Chanel_sphinx Kaitlynlakenxxx pinklilly
ALANOMNIA Blancho cliffc djb1 gerry99111 gperl gwentman jdunvillephotography mike0048 Njsphotography oscar Philski PhilStorm plld poah redbaron shadowtime74 Skystudio Steveh32 swalsh58