Reminder Secure

Header Images

This thread is being watched by 1 person
30 December 2014 05:28
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from silkythighslou

Moderator Input

The selection process is random, but last week an Administrator added a few Christmas themed images

Damn it, and there was me thinking mine was included on merit. Now I realise that even though it was shot on a cold, blustery Fistral beach in November and Christmas was the last thing on my or the model's minds, the fact she was wearing a red, hooded coat obviously made it Christmasy enough for inclusion.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
30 December 2014 06:15
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from PaulManuell
Damn it, and there was me thinking mine was included on merit.

Sorry to disappoint you Paul, but Home Page Gallery images are not picked on merit.
They are merely a selection of randomly selected recent 'Safe For Work' images
uploaded by Premium (i.e. Upgraded) members to their Purestorm portfolio.
Matt (our webmaster) wrote the programme which makes the Gallery work.
He also gave Moderators the ability to delete any inappropriate image from the pool.

(A few images displaying over the Christmas period were also added by Admin to give a seasonal feel)

If any member believes other member's images do not merit being displayed
on that member's Purestorm profile, and thereby possibly on the Home Page',
may I respectfully suggest that they start a forum thread in General Chat asking
the membership 1] what quality criteria should be set for images on profiles
and 2] which, if any, images on their own portfolio are of insufficient 'merit'.

Season's Greetings to all - irrespective of the perceived merit, or otherwise, of their work.   FM      .

~~~~~~~~

30 December 2014 06:29
PaulManuell
Photographer

It's ok, FM, I was only being light hearted, not serious.

louise pearce is off-line
30 December 2014 10:48
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

IMHO , images on the header should be a selling point for the site so it should be showing quality images to at least try and attract new members and get some of the leavers to return .
The home page is your shop window and at times it can look on here a little like a closing down sale !

louise pearce is off-line
12 January 2015 09:13
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

It would appear that the random selection of header images has made a slight improvement :-)

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
12 January 2015 09:24
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Such a good job there is some moderation on images, otherwise we'd have had some of those artistic ones uploaded on sunday floating across the front page.

Classy!
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

marlham is off-line
12 January 2015 11:31
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Classy indeed

I'd like to propose that the front page image header is permanently linked to a selection of random images from Silky's portfolio. That ought to please everybody I reckon.

w4pictures is off-line
12 January 2015 13:50
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Quote from RedChecker
Such a good job there is some moderation on images, otherwise we'd have had some of those artistic ones uploaded on sunday floating across the front page. Classy!

I wasn't logged in. All I could see were Jess' uploads which are proper classy. Imagine my joy when I logged in and could appreciate the full splendour.

Am I right in thinking that the header board is still open to paid members only? In the interests of rotating the "shopfront" pictures a bit more frequently, and regardless of the rights and wrongs, it may be worth relaxing this rule at least temporarily and having the decision fully moderated rather than random. What do you think, Mods?

Profile Pictures is off-line
12 January 2015 17:22
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

It's not just paying members, by only the premium members who contribute. What better indicator of talent?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
12 January 2015 17:27
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Well, a photographer is only as good as the camera he can afford
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Winterlilly
AaronKent Argentiq cygnet Dandelion davidhunt djb1 For_Arts_Sake fotocreate freddie girlsinframes imageatthemill john_at_tina_spice Ladiesman mackenzieking markeos50d mauricesimagery mike0048 MrDL Njsphotography orca_photography oscar poah Redi sigmasd14 skymouse sniffer stevegosh TerryXX99 tonyg
matt