This thread is being watched by 1 person
louise pearce is off-linePlatinum Member
29 December 2014 06:50
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

I know this may have been covered before, but can some one please explain how home page header images are chosen?
There are some bizarre ones passing through at the moment which do no justice to the site at all.

Moderator Input
The selection process is random, but last week an Administrator added a few Christmas themed images

GrahamWhite is off-lineSilver Member
29 December 2014 07:54
grahamwhite
Photographer
grahamwhite
Warwickshire
Leamington Spa

I know what you mean!
There is one at the moment that I think the photographer is probably embarrassed about...
Still, it's Christmas, innit?

29 December 2014 08:17
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

So the algorithm allows for selfies ?

northwalesimages is off-lineGold Member
29 December 2014 08:53
northwalesimages
Photographer
northwalesimages
Gwynedd

not a good advert for purestorm having a selfie on main page for the last few days and she has a no show.ive been a member for a number of years and never had a front page image.think i will put a hat on and do a selfie

marlham is off-line
29 December 2014 09:08
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from northwalesimages
ive been a member for a number of years and never had a front page image

How do you know that? So far as I'm aware people don't receive notifications to say their image has been included in the front page image banner.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
29 December 2014 10:17
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Sadly as less members on here bother to upload images there is going to be less images to select from if the selection is made from just recent images.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

marlham is off-line
29 December 2014 11:28
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Fewer.
Once is forgiveable but twice is a sin!

Steve Walsh is off-line
29 December 2014 15:15
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

I think perhaps there are the same number of members, but fewer with a paid subscription. Limited numbers of images on a portfolio, would naturally lead on to fewer images uploaded. I rarely change mine these days. I did have a few on the front page back in the day.

Profile Pictures is off-line
30 December 2014 01:24
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Random it isn't, or at least not consistently so. Over recent months the quality of header pics has improved, that's more about selection than having more pictures to choose from. Only a year or so back you could catch three or four header images from the same tog or model showing simultaneously, we've also heard here that a festive injection has been made to the current line iup. So, random, it isn't.

The current splurt of sexy Santa's is particularly profilepictures is a naughty person .

30 December 2014 02:35
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

Come on, time to sort this out , the selfie and the terrible xmas images are still there, this looks so bad !!

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ChloeDevine chosin pinklilly
Blancho dby47 duncanpritchard iestyn philippahh photostevo redtail shadowtime74 siclews spiritofwales Willjamieson