Reminder Secure

Contemplating going into artistic nude- any advice? Thoughts? Opinions?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Paul Crick is off-line
21 December 2014 08:50
PaulCrick
Photographer

North Yorkshire
Malton

There should be, we retain the copyright on the images we take unless they choose to buy it from us, but they are employing us to shoot them and provide images exclusively for them from the shoot, they are not paying us to get free pictures to promote ourselves or sell to others, though I do appreciate the word professional does not always equate to the word professionalism, so yes it is important for people to do their homework when employing any professional to do work for them.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
21 December 2014 10:46
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from PaulCrick
There should be, we retain the copyright on the images we take unless they choose to buy it from us, but they are employing us to shoot them and provide images exclusively for them from the shoot, they are not paying us to get free pictures to promote ourselves or sell to others, though I do appreciate the word professional does not always equate to the word professionalism, so yes it is important for people to do their homework when employing any professional to do work for them.

Owning copyright does not always equate to having the right to publish the images. Hence why it makes more sense to pay a professional, as in someone who does it for a living, rather than rely on the good nature of some photographer recommended by a friend of a mate. As has been pointed out above there are clauses in the copyright act that give a paying client the right to not have their images used. Plus even putting aside those rights no sensible photographer is going to risk the fallout that would come from using an image without authority. Nor would they have reason too. I have no shortage of nude photos I can make use of. Why on earth would I bother publishing one against someones wishes whenI have plenty of alternatives?

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Paul Crick is off-line
21 December 2014 13:19
PaulCrick
Photographer

North Yorkshire
Malton

I agree, that is what I was saying.

HowardJ is off-line
21 December 2014 15:50
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Blimey this really goes on and on...

Chris is off-line
21 December 2014 15:51
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Personally, I would say only do nude modelling if you are comfertable with people you know, family and friends seeing the nudes, as a naturist probably would. Otherwise, don't model nude.

You can't be selective about who sees the nudes. It just doesn't work that way. I wouldn't advise what other people are suggesting, by dipping your toe in to test the water. I would suggest the opposite. Think about how you would feel about being nude in front of lots of clothed people. Think how would you feel about the public seeing your nudes. If this bothers you, go by your gut feeling. I think naturists have a very healthy attitude towards nudity, and unless you share that same mindset, then stay clothed, to avoid regrets. With nudity and modelling, you must be totally 100% comfortable with your body on show, or just don't do it.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
21 December 2014 16:52
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from HowardJ
Blimey this really goes on and on...

That is always the snag with posting a thread on a forum. Either no one responds or the remarks continue coming in long after you have posted to make clear your ponderings have been answered. Still considering how quiet the site has been I'm not sure we should complain too much.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
android_man mghphoto mrdl shadowtime74 Steveh32