Reminder Secure

Contemplating going into artistic nude- any advice? Thoughts? Opinions?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
David Heels is off-line
20 December 2014 10:12
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Just a tiny bit of advice.... when ready, why not do a 'private test shoot' first.

Find someone you completely trust. Do a shoot, get a some nice images, BUT INSIST nothing goes public until you've had a good chance to consider the results. Show them to close friends or family, and then decide for yourself if you are happy with them, and happy being seen nude. If not, ask the photographer to delete them all.

Obviously some professionals would be horrified at the idea of doing such a shoot, so fish around until you find a kind soul who's prepared to help... Someone who knows what they are doing, not just the first GWC who comes a knocking.

Dave

Nige Nw is off-lineSilver Member
20 December 2014 15:07
nige_nw
Photographer
nige_nw
Lancashire

To reiterate what has already been said once you have done nude images the images are 'out there' and with search engines and the longevity of stuff on the web there is no turning back.

Only you will know if you are ready. It is a little difficult to tell from your current portfolio just how you might do but my initial instinct is well.

As has also been said when doing anything nude or possibly even just sexy lingerie it is generally wise never to use your real name due to searches etc and who may wish to use this against you in the future - you may believe there is no reason now but a job interview in the future or even just a jealous co-worker etc - That said even an alias doesn't always protect you.

There are several resources out there which offer general advise - whilst main aimed at the adult market Iain Thomson has a worthwhile read on his site (or at least when I last looked a while ago) also possibly worth doing a google search for a blog by modelbitch (but as always - like comments on this post - these are just a few views from the contributors viewpoints)

Whatever you do, do not do it for anybody else other than yourself and make sure you are 100% certain you want to.

Also as stated there are many different capabilities of photographers shooting out there & a few different styles of nude shooting

As at least one person has said, probably best to do with someone you know and trust for your first shoot

It is not something to go into lightly but there are many successful art nude models out there - but there are also a few potential pitfalls

I can't promise you will get any reply but I know that the modelling community is generally very supportive of others so it may be worth directly approaching 1 or 2 of the main art nude models for their advice as they don't often read the forums and post even less.

All the best whatever your decision

Chris is off-line
20 December 2014 16:47
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

On second thoughts, if you are worried, just don't do it. Simple. frown

giuseppe jo 45 is off-lineGold Member
20 December 2014 17:04
voguejoe
Photographer
voguejoe
Edinburgh
stirling

Try art implied NUDE its safer and none damaging if the shoots are taken correctly
Giuseppe x

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 December 2014 19:13
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

My first "nude" experience was supposed to be "implied" - it was at the time the images were taken, unfortunately back then I had no idea that lights and editing could make material completely see through and happily posed, it wasn't until a later date that I realised the scumbag has naked images of me all over his website.

I say wait - wait a few years, if you are still enjoying modelling when you are 21/22 then give nude a try. Don\t rush into something you may regret! be very careful who you work with and don't ever let people push you into shooting nudes if you aren't ready.

Elaine  is off-lineSilver Member
21 December 2014 02:39
seeryder
Model
seeryder
West Yorkshire
Wakefield

I agree , don't do nude if you are not comfortable. I would say that art or maybe naturist nude modeling would suit you. These days most people are open minded & nude pics are not viewed as shameful . As for being spotted, there are truly millions of naked girl pics on the internet. I have only been recognised once in 5 years, by an off duty policeman !!

marlham is off-line
21 December 2014 03:44
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from seeryder
These days most people are open minded & nude pics are not viewed as shameful . As for being spotted, there are truly millions of naked girl pics on the internet. I have only been recognised once in 5 years, by an off duty policeman !!

I'm sure those models who have lost their jobs and careers in recent months and years because of their modelling will not agree with this. And being spotted isn't necessarily the problem - in most cases it's a trusted friend or colleague who takes it upon themselves to inform employers.

Paul Crick is off-line
21 December 2014 07:11
PaulCrick
Photographer

North Yorkshire
Malton

If you wish to try it out, to see if you enjoy it it or not and what you look like, then I would suggest that you pay a professional photographer to do a fine art shoot which is exclusively for you, that way you know that your images are only for you to see, unless you want to show them to other people, the photographer should not show clients images to anyone else unless they are given permission to do so by the client who is paying them.

Nige Nw is off-lineSilver Member
21 December 2014 07:24
nige_nw
Photographer
nige_nw
Lancashire

Quote from PaulCrick
If you wish to try it out, to see if you enjoy it it or not and what you look like, then I would suggest that you pay a professional photographer to do a fine art shoot which is exclusively for you, that way you know that your images are only for you to see, unless you want to show them to other people, the photographer should not show clients images to anyone else unless they are given permission to do so by the client who is paying them.

Unless there is a formal contract, whilst it is unlikely, there is no more guarantee by using a professional

marlham is off-line
21 December 2014 07:45
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from nige_nw
Unless there is a formal contract, whilst it is unlikely, there is no more guarantee by using a professional

Such contracts are commonplace amongst professional photographers, particularly those shooting weddings, boudoir and other private social occasions. When photography is commissioned 'for private and domestic purposes' then the person(s) commissioning the photography are afforded the statutory right of privacy to the images - see s85 CDPA1988 - even though the photographer still owns copyright.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kitty_1 kkoch NikkiLouise93 VictoriaClaire
arterotica cliffc dave@studio99 Davidhunt focus Hazy james65 James8700 johanburan Jpdo kai_kul kingfisher mike0048 mlp psn redbaron Steveh32 Swyftie