Reminder Secure

Contemplating going into artistic nude- any advice? Thoughts? Opinions?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Chris is off-line
17 December 2014 09:07
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Quote from cm480
I have been thinking about doing artistic nude for a while (not adult, erotica, mens magazine stuff). I am very comfortable with my body, although I feel this would be a big step and would like opinions and advice on the matter before going any further.

You have lovely colour skin and hair, perfect for art nude in my book. Lovely face too. If you feel confident, go for it I say. I think you'll be great doing that. You have a lovely look for it.  

17 December 2014 10:14
cm480
Model

Please note that this is something I will only consider doing until I have received good experience as a model (at present I am still new and inexperienced).
So please don't send me offers, since I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to comply. I am just seeking advice since I am aware that this is a fairly serious step with possible consequences.

17 December 2014 10:19
cm480
Model

Quote from marlhamphoto
I saw there was a late cancellation rather than a no-show.

For me a no-show is unforgiveable unless there are extraordinary circumstances (very rare). There's virtually no excuse for not messaging or picking up the phone and instead leaving the photographer 'hanging'. That's only happened to me twice but it's not pleasant.

But a late cancellation is another thing altogether especially for a new model who has rapidly changing understandings of what she's being asked to do and what constitutes good photography vs what doesn't. I would rather a new model baled out at short notice than undergo a shoot which she may have come to believe isn't in her best interests. In those circumstances I regard the fact that notice was given, albeit within 18 hours of the shoot, as a positive indication. After all it seems that many models would rather not pick up the phone and just no show instead because they see it as the easy way out.

Of course I'm guessing as to the reason - but for me, on its own, it wouldn't have a negative influence on me working with her. But opinions may differ obviously!

Unfortunately it was a health related issue of my partner, not something I could leave him alone with....

17 December 2014 10:25
cm480
Model

By the way, thank you all very much for the incoming advice, while it is something I'll be thinking about a good while, I'd rather have a good selection of views on the topic first.

Sapphire is off-lineSilver Member
17 December 2014 11:06
BlueSapphire
Model
BlueSapphire
South Yorkshire

I see youve had a lot of replies from photographers so just thought Id churp up as a model!

Definitely consider your future - will you still be modelling in 2, 3 , 4 years time - employers already do internet search checks - if you are applying for a job will it be frowned upon

Ive never worried too much about friends and family - hopefully you are in the same situation where your family will love you no matter what as long as you are happy and safe

At 18/19 when I started I thought I was mature and making sencible decisions - I was not - there is no rush - nudity will always be there - maybe take another year or two to think about it - I would suggest that if you are asking for others advice you may not be ready because when you know you know - not to come across condesending but i thought i knew best and i didnt lol - i love my job now and i in no way regret getting naked but i do wish id put a bit more thought into it so make sure its what you want before you jump in
Sapphire Blue - 10 Years of Modelling and still at it

Paul Hodson is off-line
17 December 2014 12:01
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from marlhamphoto
I saw there was a late cancellation rather than a no-show.

For me a no-show is unforgiveable unless there are extraordinary circumstances (very rare). There's virtually no excuse for not messaging or picking up the phone and instead leaving the photographer 'hanging'. That's only happened to me twice but it's not pleasant.

But a late cancellation is another thing altogether ..............

Of course I'm guessing as to the reason - but for me, on its own, it wouldn't have a negative influence on me working with her. But opinions may differ obviously!

+1
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Vinny V is off-lineGold Member
18 December 2014 18:53
vinman30
Photographer

Lancashire
Blackpool

Quote from BlueSapphire
I see youve had a lot of replies from photographers so just thought Id churp up as a model!

Definitely consider your future - will you still be modelling in 2, 3 , 4 years time - employers already do internet search checks - if you are applying for a job will it be frowned upon

Ive never worried too much about friends and family - hopefully you are in the same situation where your family will love you no matter what as long as you are happy and safe

At 18/19 when I started I thought I was mature and making sencible decisions - I was not - there is no rush - nudity will always be there - maybe take another year or two to think about it - I would suggest that if you are asking for others advice you may not be ready because when you know you know - not to come across condesending but i thought i knew best and i didnt lol - i love my job now and i in no way regret getting naked but i do wish id put a bit more thought into it so make sure its what you want before you jump in

+1

Great advice from one of the best in the business....

Chucking in my tuppence worth....I have shot a cpl of times with models who are doing Art Nude for the 1st time....and I would say, that if and when you do decide to work to that level, choose a photographer who you have worked with before and whom you trust and come to some sort of deal that if you don't like the images etc they will delete them for you....and maybe shoot with them again TF to your current levels....and also ensure you model under a name which cannot be tied to you, that way if you do work to art nude then at least a search of your name for future jobs etc, should minimalise any images coming up...

Cheers

HarryC is off-lineSilver Member
19 December 2014 05:02
HarryC
Photographer
HarryC
Bedfordshire
BEDFORD

My answer is quite simple - If you have to ask then the answer is no!

Some great advise and information above and you need to think about your future family and future partners family!

Enjoy what you are doing, try lingerie and maybe implied and see how you feel in a couple of years. You are after all still very young!

Best of luck for the future!

Sapphire is off-lineSilver Member
19 December 2014 06:28
BlueSapphire
Model
BlueSapphire
South Yorkshire

Quote from vinman30
+1 Great advice from one of the best in the business.... Chucking in my tuppence worth....I have shot a cpl of times with models who are doing Art Nude for the 1st time....and I would say, that if and when you do decide to work to that level, choose a photographer who you have worked with before and whom you trust and come to some sort of deal that if you don't like the images etc they will delete them for you....and maybe shoot with them again TF to your current levels....and also ensure you model under a name which cannot be tied to you, that way if you do work to art nude then at least a search of your name for future jobs etc, should minimalise any images coming up... Cheers

Sorry just a quick one - DEFINITELY DO use a different name - HOWEVER dont be naive - you can still very easily be found - you can image search easily - and for example its not hard to find my purestorm where photographers have left references using my real name - fans see this and then use my real name - please dont assume using a different name will give you anonymity cheeky
Sapphire Blue - 10 Years of Modelling and still at it

fitnude is off-line
19 December 2014 07:19
actiongirl
Model

London

you are lucky to have a great pre-raphaelite look for art nudes. Regarding your future employment, you might lose jobs because you posed nude, you might get some jobs in spite of it, you might even get some jobs because of it, but the jobs marketplace is often unpredictable so do what makes you feel fulfilled because i think this helps you stay self-confident whatever you decide to do

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Faye Hann
Platidonio talldave68 Thunder_Photos timwalton42