Reminder Secure

Share your best find or idea from 2014 h for models and togs.

Profile Pictures is off-line
08 December 2014 07:04
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Before the Xmas present round is over again for another year, and with goodwill in mind; what was your best find in 2014, in terms of a product or use of techniques to make better pictures?
For me, I started using a Sigma 30m f1/4 art DC lens on a full frame camera. Not its intended use but gives great sharpness and a really interesting look to pictures. Vignette is attractive ( or dealt with in RAW processing) best of all its about £300 cheaper than the 35&50mm art offerings.

Anyone else had a fortunate find they'd be happy to share?

08 December 2014 10:29
paule
Photographer

Fuji X-M1 with kit 16-50 lens.. just love it.. I wanted something small to wander about the place with and it's been excellent. I love the tilt screen, no viewfinder, as it allows for different perspective to the norm.. as it's tiny people are not intimidated by it and are very relaxed.

I've even used it on some commercial jobs as it produces such crisp images and doesn't make people 'pose' for their photo..

cheap'ish as chips and produces good quality images out of the camera.

X-T1 has the same screen..

Rupert Rudd is off-line
08 December 2014 12:17
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

This carbon fibre travel tripod for 90 quid on Amazon.

XCSOURCE Q-666C Profesional Photography Carbon Tripod Monopod Kit & Ball Head Compact Travel For DSLR Camera Canon Nikon Petax Sony LF375
Well pleased. Tripod or Monopod.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Abbigoodchild AmberBray bonni_cuffs Charlotte90 shazza09
ad360photo antoinewynn bbphotos chandos Kjoservices Ladiesman modelboutique pellium Philski read ScottMCCCXIV simon_palmer steveh32 Stoker vivt WainwrightM Willy_O