Reminder Secure

models with freckles ? question over skin

This thread is being watched by 1 person
17 December 2014 14:42
gedimage
Photographer

I had answered a casting call from the model to me she had what I believe to be a really beautiful model and wish only to find ways to show the beauty in different ways next year so the advice some of you are giving and thank you
As I pride myself on models being photographed well.
The shoots we are planning will take on the new thoughts

EdT is off-line
26 December 2014 08:55
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from jes
You almost seem aplologetic for shooting a model with freckles!  I know you haven't been derogatory, but I find it a shame that freckles can be percieved as a problem by some people.  I was working with a photographer and as he started shooting, he said;  "I see you suffer from freckles"!  It was really upsetting.  If someone is worth photographing, I think it's irrelevant if they have freckles or not, and as already mentioned, they can sometimes make a shot look moore interesting.

You should have pointed out that you are not suffering at all.

Chrissie Red is off-line
26 December 2014 12:02
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from jes
You almost seem aplologetic for shooting a model with freckles!  I know you haven't been derogatory, but I find it a shame that freckles can be percieved as a problem by some people.  I was working with a photographer and as he started shooting, he said;  "I see you suffer from freckles"!  It was really upsetting.  If someone is worth photographing, I think it's irrelevant if they have freckles or not, and as already mentioned, they can sometimes make a shot look moore interesting.

I remember a photographer I worked with started to edit while in my company (this was fairly early on in my modelling days) and he sat there making comments like "bloody hell how do other people manage to edit your freckles out?" my reply was "well most of them haven't shot me with onboard unflattering harsh flash or they don't feel the need to edit them all out". It did give me a bit of a complex, what made it worse for me is when I worked with makeup artists who weren't used to freckled skin and they would always make it look like I had some sort of skin disorder in their attempt to either accentuate them or hide them..

"Hrm.. what colour is this model with freckles skin? lets just make it the colour of her freckles" 

x

27 December 2014 13:34
Jackass
Photographer

Add me to the "I think freckles are wonderful" brigade, but if you don't like them, why work with a model who has them and then moan about them, when there are so many who don't have them? Doesn't make sense to me.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

Steve Guy is off-line
27 December 2014 13:39
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

One aspect of this thread has fascinated me. Freckles would not ordinarily be an issue for me at all. But as I read through the posts and came to the pictures I found I was looking more at the freckles than at the picture as a whole, which I felt was a bit odd. Well, they are still not an issue for me, but it was certainly illuminating to see how feelings can be influenced.

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AnnThompson Karenr samanthajane4
baddo Cheshunt83 claypaws cliffc ElegantCaptures Ladiesman mlp modelboutique orca_photography PDCPhotos poah redbaron riddell steveh32