Reminder Secure

New Model- Criticism/ opinions welcome!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
05 December 2014 06:46
cm480
Model

Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new model (only started a week ago) and am steadily building up my portfolio. I'm just looking to see if anyone has any advice or comments, either would be most welcome! I've have got a couple of TFP shoots coming up and wondering if there's anything (style, them etc.) that would look good.
In the meantime, lovely to meet you all and thank you.

Kat

marlham is off-line
05 December 2014 09:54
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

This is very nice, a good start I'd say:

Red hair and green eyes - you can't go wrong really

As for styling for forthcoming shoots - that's something the photographers concerned should be giving you some guidance on really. Every photographer is different!

Good luck and have fun

w4pictures is off-line
05 December 2014 10:53
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

I think one of your feedbacks mentions red hair and sparkling eyes and how right! As such, you have a strong starting position.

As above, your main picture is lovely. I quite like the low key period pieces as well, soft though they are. A dress like that allows you to do a bit of acting. More attention to the setting could have made these more memorable.

Keep up the good work and enjoy it. I expect your port will flourish.

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
05 December 2014 21:49
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

Hello Kat-

Welcome to Purestorm!

The photos from tgphotography are excellent. They show me that you have a lovely face, plus beautiful eyes and hair. You have a gorgeous look.

Although the historic photos are good they do not quite capture your beauty. I think the photo taken on a gloomy day by the Thames is not the finest, though the weather and light did not help.

Personally I would love to shoot with you, though IMHO £25 ph for a fully clothed model is rather steep and £15 ph more like it. £25 ph would be more like a lingerie rate.

Bear in mind that Purestorm can be (or is) very much a glamour modeling site, so 90% + of the work on offer will not suit you- and you are almost certain to get photographers trying to get you to pose at higher levels. Don't be discouraged by this, because you have enough beauty to stick to your guns!

I wish you all the best, Kevin
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

Profile Pictures is off-line
06 December 2014 06:52
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

As you say, it's really early days and we must make allowance for that. You've a pretty picture, as pointed out by Marlham, this gives a fair idea about your face which is essential. What I can't get a clear idea of is your figure or body type, and in many settings this is essential too. Something to work on there in terms of your next shoots. See if you can get a full length and a the quarter length picture with so e clear definition of your figure.

I'll tread careful now advice wise as opinions vary widely, but I'd suggest you think really carefully about how and who in TF terms. Work up is the suggestion I'd give, find photographed who have produced shots much better than your current ones. Anything which is the same or worse would be a paying customer. It might even be you'd need to pay some photographers for really good pictures ( but frankly that's rare in this environment as there are many great TF collaborators if you've got a good look) your portfolio will quickly define who you are and what you're capable of in modelling terms. Fill it full of dull crap and you'll be a long while altering that.

Lastly, assuming you've some ability to model, you'll need to offer either styling which interests paying photographers, or be an excellent clothes horse for provided clothing. It'll help if you can come up with ideas and themes for some photographers who aren't very imaginative but just like taking pictures; but you'll need
To be able to adapt to styling and themes provided by those who need to you bring these to life - the better paid work is often in the second category, but internet models with style and imaginatition do well in that first category too.

Last, check references, ask advice of other models and stay safe, there are plenty of profilepictures is a naughty person s out there, at all skill levels.

06 December 2014 13:42
cm480
Model

Quote from profilepictures
As you say, it's really early days and we must make allowance for that. You've a pretty picture, as pointed out by Marlham, this gives a fair idea about your face which is essential. What I can't get a clear idea of is your figure or body type, and in many settings this is essential too. Something to work on there in terms of your next shoots. See if you can get a full length and a the quarter length picture with so e clear definition of your figure.

I'll tread careful now advice wise as opinions vary widely, but I'd suggest you think really carefully about how and who in TF terms. Work up is the suggestion I'd give, find photographed who have produced shots much better than your current ones. Anything which is the same or worse would be a paying customer. It might even be you'd need to pay some photographers for really good pictures ( but frankly that's rare in this environment as there are many great TF collaborators if you've got a good look) your portfolio will quickly define who you are and what you're capable of in modelling terms. Fill it full of dull crap and you'll be a long while altering that.

Lastly, assuming you've some ability to model, you'll need to offer either styling which interests paying photographers, or be an excellent clothes horse for provided clothing. It'll help if you can come up with ideas and themes for some photographers who aren't very imaginative but just like taking pictures; but you'll need
To be able to adapt to styling and themes provided by those who need to you bring these to life - the better paid work is often in the second category, but internet models with style and imaginatition do well in that first category too.

Thanks for the advice, you've given me a pretty good idea on how to expand. I understand that my portfolio is lacking in figure presenting photos, which is something that I'll try to work on in my upcoming shoots.

06 December 2014 13:45
cm480
Model

And thank you to everyone as well, your feedback has been very encouraging (and rather flattering... )!

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs FernandaRevelo pinklilly
63jian ad360photo Andyk bbphotos BOBREEVES carpe_diem Daveinsurrey Djanimation djb1 domnumberone ellessephotography flawless_photo giwanski GlasgowPhotographer gordon grahamh gwentman JasonSmithPhoto JOOPninja Jsb270 Jskazza mlp nickdandalos philippahh rcimages redbaron sniffer stevegosh