Reminder Secure

Question for MF film users on here......

Anthonygh is off-line
27 November 2014 11:54
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

I am now the proud owner of an 'as new' Bronica SQAi......which will nicely compliment my ETRsi. I am less than happy however with the price that is being charged for 120 B+W roll film...Ilford, a UK company, seems to want to charge more than most foreign producers.

I know there are other B+W options and wondered if anyone had tried other makes...makes other than Fuji and Kodak basically....as their prices are not much different to Ilford.

And of course....does anyone know of any UK suppliers who don't charge the earth!!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 November 2014 12:04
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Out of curiosity, how much are you paying per roll?

I'm seeing prices of ~£4 a roll for those three brands which (to me) doesn't seem excessive.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

27 November 2014 12:20
Lorkin
Photographer

I used Bronicas for over 20 years and never paid less than £4 per roll so if this is the price you are seeing it is not bad at all.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 November 2014 12:21
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

And that price is at Calumet of all places, LOL
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Dave Beasley is off-line
27 November 2014 12:27
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

I doubt you will be able to better £4-£5 a roll

Anthonygh is off-line
27 November 2014 12:34
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from RedChecker
And that price is at Calumet of all places, LOL

Will check that out now.......

Anthonygh is off-line
27 November 2014 12:47
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

There seemed to be quite a few makes like Agfa being sold on line a few months back...120 format....but can't find them at the moment.

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
27 November 2014 13:03
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

http://www.7dayshop.com/120-roll-film

Looks more expensive than you posted, but ask for the bulk buy options.

John
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

Anthonygh is off-line
27 November 2014 13:26
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Anyone tried this stuff?

http://www.thedarkroom.co.uk/traditional/black-and-white/fomapan-100-asa-120mm-2.html

PaulGood is off-line
27 November 2014 15:19
PaulGooddy
Photographer
PaulGooddy
Hampshire
Southampton

Not tried the foma film, although I used to use the paper for lith prints, fantastic stuff (sadly they changed the formula of the paper). You might have a look at the Rollei films (made by Agfa I think), thay are cheaper than Ilford and Fuji, Rollei retro 80s is one of my favourite films, hard to find though, Firstcall photographic sell it sometimes.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chandni23 jensomerfield Mstopaz Natalie120525
63jian Blancho bobmac BOBREEVES brendan cliffc CunningLinguists domnumberone Flanders guitarman gwentman James7799 jefflynne kimsandman2 Ladiesman Mattcairns mike0048 powerbook92 scotsman_uk sniffer swalsh58 TonyNutley ttstinger