Reminder Secure

Advice needed regarding a shoot. Should I stay or should I go?!!

Kim is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2014 06:06
kimsandman2
Photographer

Norfolk
Loddon

If you don't feel safe don't go there are thousands of photographers out here that still want to do a shoot with you, just say no!
Kim

Paul Lysons is off-lineSilver Member
03 December 2014 14:30
xxlysonsxx
Photographer
xxlysonsxx
Lancashire
Blackburn

Sounds suspicious to me forget it and move on

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
03 December 2014 15:53
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from jes
I was contacted via email by a photographer for a commercial shoot a couple of months ago but it got cancelled as he said the client didn't agree to one of the terms in his contract.

This is not uncommon Jes, as some clients seem to think that in the current economic climate commercial photographers will be so desperate for the work that they will accept wholly unreasonable terms in place of their own T&C. At the beginning of the year I refused to submit work to one publishing house on their unrealistic terms and I am now even more glad that I did because the publication has now gone, though the publisher has not, yet the unreasonable terms they were trying to impose would have seen my images retained by the parent company and probably sold on or syndicated with no chance of any payment coming back in my direction.

Quote from jes
Soon after, I received an email that was like and automated response but it didn't actually say it was.  The content was something to do with the email not being accessed as much as normal due to a family illness.  I sent another email but haven't got a response.  So am I right in thinking that an automated response would send a reply every time?

Not necessarily. I sent a batch of three email invoices to my contact in an accounts department on Sunday (last day of the month) without realising they were on holiday until today. I received an automated response to the first mail but not the second or third. I don't think I have ever received repeat noificastions.

Bob

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Charlotte90
bergstrom dby47