Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
05 November 2014 12:23
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from thestarglider
For all its faults, PP still has a ...better portfolio layout and most importantly, it's considerably cheaper for a paid subscription.

PS beats PP portfolio layout 6-0.

In PP you basicly pay for stats, so I'm happy to pay for PS and keep the free PP bc for non UK members PP has nothing compared that PS has.

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
05 November 2014 12:24
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

There is at least one vital flaw with modelmaxim....Google it...and the famous MAGAZINE ....'MAXIM' will show...NOT the new model/photographer website.

I've already had one photographer ask me how he defines 'region' of Cornwall, on the new website,  as he is having difficulty in joining new site...

Purestorm will always be a personal favourite for me, anyway cheeky

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Simon Chan is off-line
05 November 2014 14:40
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from thestarglider
Again, all irrelevant. His site, his rules. It doesn't matter one jot how much of an arse Russ might be, or how nice Matt is here, these are businesses, and again you're just sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the simple issue that Purpleport is winning - by a considerable (if not soo far ahead that it's already too late) margin, and Purestorm management must do something about it now - the rot has started and now it's time for something newer.

+1

I left NM years ago because PS looked fresh and lively in comparison. Now things have changed and the new kid on the block is getting all the traffic. Not saying PS is better or worse. Let say If PP started out first all those years ago and PS arrive recently it is just as likely it would be PS getting all the traffic today. Myspace, Friend Reunited, etc despite attempt to resurrect it have all but died. Internet forums and blogging sites are like fashion, when it is dying it is best to let it die quickly and start a new one with new name.

Matthew G is off-line
05 November 2014 14:52
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Quote from SuzyMonty
There is at least one vital flaw with modelmaxim....Google it...and the famous MAGAZINE ....'MAXIM' will show...NOT the new

Thats because its a new site... Give it a few weeks and google shoulnt have any problems picking it up at all.... Any new site is going to have teathing issues. I think tne creator has done a good job. It certainly looks like he or she knows what they are doing. :-)

Stu Buckland is off-line
05 November 2014 20:04
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

Quote from PHP_Photography
PS beats PP portfolio layout 6-0.

In PP you basicly pay for stats, so I'm happy to pay for PS and keep the free PP bc for non UK members PP has nothing compared that PS has.

Sorry, that's utter nonsense. It's a numbers game - Purpleport has them, Purestorm is losing them. Simple as.

In regards to work, every month I place the same casting call on both sites. On PP I get around 7-8 messages of interest. I am struggling to remember the last time I got contacted from a casting call here. There's just no way to really make any noise to garner interest here.

Stats? So what? It's still a portfolio site with models who I want to work with/they with me too, and that's the important thing.

And I really can't see how you can think the portfolio layout on here is better? It's horribly dated and clunky and really doesn't help to sell yourself.

Roger Vaughan is off-line
05 November 2014 20:35
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

Quote from thestarglider
In regards to work, every month I place the same casting call on both sites. On PP I get around 7-8 messages of interest. I am struggling to remember the last time I got contacted from a casting call here..

I've always found it to be the other way around.
Roger Vaughan

marlham is off-line
05 November 2014 20:50
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from thestarglider
Sorry, that's utter nonsense. It's a numbers game - Purpleport has them, Purestorm is losing them. Simple as.

Certainly for some it's a numbers game. cheeky
Quote from thestarglider
In regards to work, every month I place the same casting call on both sites. On PP I get around 7-8 messages of interest. I am struggling to remember the last time I got contacted from a casting call here. There's just no way to really make any noise to garner interest here.

You know, 7-8 isn't very many. Honestly. It looks as if the numbers game isn't working so well for you.
Quote from thestarglider
Stats? So what? It's still a portfolio site with models who I want to work with they with me too, and that's the important thing.

Err, no they don't. Not really. Not if you judge 7-8 to be a measure of your popularity on a site which you say yourself has a huge model membership. Sorry to break it to you but 7-8 is, well it's embarrassing.
Quote from thestarglider
And I really can't see how you can think the portfolio layout on here is better? It's horribly dated and clunky and really doesn't help to sell yourself.

If you're relying on portfolio layout to sell yourself then you're marlhamphoto is a naughty person ed I'm afraid. But I think you've already demonstrated that.

Sometimes it's best to just keep your mouth shut - that's friendly advice by the way. Otherwise the 'irrelevant' tag will start to stick.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 November 2014 03:30
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Russ wouldn't allow ^this, that's for damn sure. The entire thread would be sent to the 'sin bin' and marlhamphoto will be getting snide emails (proper ones, not site-based ones) sent to him as a result.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Anthonygh is off-line
06 November 2014 04:05
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

I chat to models about the different sites and many are quite clued up on what the various sites offer and how to maximize their respective benefits. I only know one model with a paid account anywhere but it doesn't seem to be a problem for them. Most seem to value FB and Twitter as ways of finding work and might not miss PS if it died....most mention PP more when discussing model sites.

Sad as it is...what is happening here reminds me of N-M's history. It started to die...members virtually begged the site owner to make improvements. They were totally ignored.

Stu Buckland is off-line
06 November 2014 04:20
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

Quote from marlhamphoto

You know, 7-8 isn't very many. Honestly. It looks as if the numbers game isn't working so well for you.

thestarglider is a naughty person off. You're talking thestarglider is a naughty person e. Besides since I only have slots each month for about 6 shoots a month, that works just fine for me.

QuoteErr, no they don't. Not really. Not if you judge 7-8 to be a measure of your popularity on a site which you say yourself has a huge model membership. Sorry to break it to you but 7-8 is, well it's embarrassing.

Again, you're talking thestarglider is a naughty person . Besides a quick look on your port - you've been here since April, has very sporadic posting of images and one feedback. Well, you're busy aren't you? Now that's thestarglider is a naughty person embarrassing and if I were you I'd shut the thestarglider is a naughty person up about that!

The last feedback I got on here was months ago. But that's because the last booking I got from here was then. About half of my work comes from Purpleport and the rest from other avenues. Feel free to look - I think you'll find I'm considerably more busy than you in regards to shoot work.

QuoteIf you're relying on portfolio layout to sell yourself then you're thestarglider is a naughty person ed I'm afraid. But I think you've already demonstrated that.

Sometimes it's best to just keep your mouth shut - that's friendly advice by the way. Otherwise the 'irrelevant' tag will start to stick.

Yes, best you do. All you tried to do with your post is directly attack me while I was pointing out the obvious about the state of Purestorm and failed every step of the way. What a thestarglider is a naughty person twat!

Feel free to reply to this, I won't bother replying - special olympics and all that.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Debbieann Jessicaliu1993 Samfx Speirs19
Andy_B bninja Don_Dark flashharry grahamsphotography image_ination john_at_tina_spice kimsandman2 MIB oro plymjack RUPERT spphoto stevegosh steveh32 wacTony Weeman5 zzdigital