This thread is being watched by 1 person
Tiina  is off-line
04 November 2014 23:56
tiinak
Model
tiinak
California
San Diego

PS is great and I would be still using it to get work, if I was still living in UK. I'm still reading the forums. Expand to USA please
"live your dream, don't dream your life" x

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 November 2014 03:05
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from marlhamphoto
When I started I never took to NM for the very reason you describe - the forum there seemed disgustingly seedy to me. And I've no idea who the photographer you refer to is but I can think of one in particular who taints PP in a similar way and which causes me to wonder if it's the same person.

As far as I know Russ wouldn't allow the one I mention onto the site, however there were 5/6 broadly similar photographers who joined when I was there and it really started lowering the tone, especially as they were literally flooding the image feed day after day (a couple of them had portfolios with well in excess of 1000 images).  It really was tiresome as you were missing good images as a result of their drivel.  I actually made a suggestion on there to allow people to block images from others that they choose on the main image feed, but predictable as ever you had the RedChecker is a naughty person s coming out of the woodwork to criticise the suggestion.

And you also had the train & nature fanatics starting to upload their rubbish also.  Again, when I suggested keeping it to modelling/portraiture I was slapped down again for allegedly being horrible to people.  RedChecker is a naughty person s!
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Stu Buckland is off-line
05 November 2014 04:40
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

I'm sorry but all this back-slapping and saying 'PS is better than PP' and all that is just burying your head in the sand and ignoring the simple fact that this site is very much dying and the other site is performing way better. It has to be, that's where the vast majority of UK based models and photographers are now.

For all its faults, PP still has a much better image management system, far less restrictions to how many images you can have on your port, a better portfolio layout and most importantly, it's considerably cheaper for a paid subscription.

Bitch about it all you like but until the site owners here start to pay attention to this simple fact and do something to revamp this place (and crucially make it desirable to pay for this site), more and more members will eventually fully migrate to there and this site will be even more a 'has been'.

05 November 2014 04:44
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

But at least Matt's not a though
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Stu Buckland is off-line
05 November 2014 04:51
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

Quote from RedChecker
But at least Matt's not a though

Irrelevant.

Just looked at stats. This site, active users 105. Purpleport, 1048.

As a business (and let's face it, these are businesses we're talking about), that's shocking statistics.

marlham is off-line
05 November 2014 04:55
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from thestarglider
I'm sorry but all this back-slapping and saying 'PS is better than PP' and all that is just burying your head in the sand and ignoring the simple fact that this site is very much dying and the other site is performing way better. It has to be, that's where the vast majority of UK based models and photographers are now. For all its faults, PP still has a much better image management system, far less restrictions to how many images you can have on your port, a better portfolio layout and most importantly, it's considerably cheaper for a paid subscription. Bitch about it all you like but until the site owners here start to pay attention to this simple fact and do something to revamp this place (and crucially make it desirable to pay for this site), more and more members will eventually fully migrate to there and this site will be even more a 'has been'.

It never takes long does it for a PP fanboy to pop up and denigrate the attempts of members here to encourage the site and state their appreciation for what PS provides them particularly.

The tolerance of this site is outstanding if you ak me. If it was mine a whole raft of people would have been slung out some time ago. They lower the appeal of the site on more than one level IMO.

05 November 2014 04:58
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

@thestarglider, It's relevant if he simply doesn't like you, regardless of whether or not you've broken any site rules.

Again, one of the good things about this site is that Matt is independent of the service it supplies and so there's far lower (if any) risk of him having an agenda or forming his own cliques/inner circles within the site.

I agree the the other site is better in terms of functionality & look, but it's run by an RedChecker is a naughty person who can't distance himself from it enough to run it professionally.

Stu Buckland is off-line
05 November 2014 05:12
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

Quote from RedChecker
@thestarglider, It's relevant if he simply doesn't like you, regardless of whether or not you've broken any site rules.

Again, one of the good things about this site is that Matt is independent of the service it supplies and so there's far lower (if any) risk of him having an agenda or forming his own cliques/inner circles within the site.

I agree the the other site is better in terms of functionality & look, but it's run by an thestarglider is a naughty person who can't distance himself from it enough to run it professionally.

Again, all irrelevant. His site, his rules. It doesn't matter one jot how much of an arse Russ might be, or how nice Matt is here, these are businesses, and again you're just sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the simple issue that Purpleport is winning - by a considerable (if not soo far ahead that it's already too late) margin, and Purestorm management must do something about it now - the rot has started and now it's time for something newer.

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
05 November 2014 06:22
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

I am a big fan of Pure Storm. I too have been here for many years and appreciate the fair and even-handed way members are treated by Matt and his staff. However, I do get concerned when I use other social network sites and see models asking their "fans" to go to the other site and like their pictures (which basically means they have to join). I do wish Pure Storm was a lot more active on sites like twitter. There's no harm in spreading the word about Pure Storm's many good points.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Steve Walsh is off-line
05 November 2014 11:17
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Quote from RedChecker

I agree the the other site is better in terms of functionality & look, but it's run by an thestarglider is a naughty person who can't distance himself from it enough to run it professionally.

Quote from the starglider
"Again, all irrelevant. His site, his rules. It doesn't matter one jot how much of an arse Russ might be, or how nice Matt is here, these are businesses, and again you're just sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the simple issue that Purpleport is winning - by a considerable (if not soo far ahead that it's already too late) margin, and Purestorm management must do something about it now - the rot has started and now it's time for something newer."

What rubbish. How is it irrelevant if the owner of the site is an arse? he interferes with the day to day running, has all his own croneys who suck up to him and can therefore do no wrong. The site is dominated by a few overbearing characters and that ruins the whole thing for me. Yes the image features are better, yes there are more people there, but it is far more a social site than a photography site. I left after a major disagreement with someone who posted a remark in the forum to which I objected, and when I complained I discovered this person was a co-founder of the site and I was told to shut up or leave basically. So I did.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carinasl Dadshouse12 missminiskirt PrettyDiamond RISelene rob452 Zhiying
biggles485 bob22 djb1 fannmore frankpht geoffmarchant Jse_photography mrdl Nwphotosinc1 paulj1980 photomart quercus rscott360