Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
03 November 2014 11:35
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from keithpics
I suspect other sites attract interest because their standards aren't as high as PS.

+1

Rupert Rudd is off-line
03 November 2014 11:50
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

I am always hugely disappointed and saddened for the management here in the disloyalty of so many who RupertRudd is a naughty person ed off elsewhere for the most trivial reasons and small differences.
Matt deserves better.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
03 November 2014 12:07
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from MG
I've just discovered a brand new site.... Looks fantastic and seems to work really well. It's only just been launched so not many people on it yet but well worth a look... Hope I don't get in to trouble for this but its modelmaxim.com    This site has its good points and so does purple but it will be interesting to see how big this new one gets...

Interesting that when one clicks onto 'About Us' on that particular site...it states  'It appears that we couldn't find the profile that you were looking for :-('  and on a BLANK page...mmmm

Purestorm covers it all as far as I am concerned.

Highly recommend Purestorm to all the photographers I work with.

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
03 November 2014 12:18
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Another nice thing about this site is that the owner isn't involved with photography/modelling and it's comforting to know there's a level of impartiality in many of the site's decisions.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Wilts Imaging is off-line
03 November 2014 12:52
Mazza1967
Photographer
Mazza1967
Wiltshire

Quote from RupertRudd
I am always hugely disappointed and saddened for the management here in the disloyalty of so many who Mazza1967 is a naughty person ed off elsewhere for the most trivial reasons and small differences. Matt deserves better.

Hi Edd  I  think the point I am trying to make is that Its frustrating that purestorm is falling beind like it or not the add ons that other stes are using  are popular tools that members enjoy using .  To Stand still is to go  backwards , there are some great features on purestorm , such as the feed back system which allows  posative and negative feedback .

Having  a feed back system and being able to judge how many views you have on an image are fantastic tools !  especialy  when viewed  by fellow creative people
a few changes would I think make a huge difference to the site afetr all the more members the better  I  dont want to  leave  I  just  want o see the site give the others a run for thier money !!!

Chrissie Red is off-line
03 November 2014 12:57
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I think pure storm still does what it always did and at one point that suited most people.
I don't care that I can't see how many views an image has got (I wouldn't want to) because then I would end up comparing to people and wondering why my images weren't looked at as often - oh its because they are Chrissie_Red is a naughty person or because I'm not an advertising maniac.. I just want to get on with what I do and not have figures/facts and "awards". The biggest award for me is seeing a nice picture after a shoot and I don't want to get bogged down with statistics about everything.

I have joined the new website - it never hurts to be in more than one place at a time, and so far it looks pretty sweet.

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
03 November 2014 15:07
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from RupertRudd
I am always hugely disappointed and saddened for the management here in the disloyalty of so many who matt is a naughty person ed off elsewhere for the most trivial reasons and small differences.
Matt deserves better.

Thank you Rupert, that's good of you to say.
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Tony Wright is off-lineSilver Member
04 November 2014 06:03
photogenia
Photographer

Lincolnshire
Spalding

Quote from RupertRudd
I am always hugely disappointed and saddened for the management here in the disloyalty of so many who photogenia is a naughty person ed off elsewhere for the most trivial reasons and small differences. Matt deserves better.

Another vote for Matt and Purestorm - I've been here since 2009 and I still pay and am happy to support the site. I don't shoot so much now as we are rather off the beaten track and there aren't that many models who will travel out here. But as for Purestorm - it's just a nice place. :-)

04 November 2014 06:12
paule
Photographer

PS not perfect, though what is... though it's the best of the few I've tried.
Though I'm not requiring models often it is still a good source of info and for the few times a year I require... a place to arrange a collaboration...

photo_phil is off-line
04 November 2014 08:13
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

Quote from photogenia
 I don't shoot so much now as we are rather off the beaten track and there aren't that many models who will travel out here.

I share your pain.
Many model who will travel ask about local train stations and there just isn't the public transport network here.
(But I'm going off topic so I'll shut-up).

Definitely love it here.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment
antoinewynn bengie clarmike D_H_P diphoto Edenbailey eosfan Essexjohn gshocker30 imageatthemill JohnDentonPhoto kennmac1957 Lenz MIB mrdl Njsphotography orca_photography panda49 plld psn Thunder_Photos Twilightphotography xcellent