Matt Harper is off-line
14 November 2014 14:36
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from RedChecker
mattharper is a naughty person off it is.

Well, my experience is that it is.  Just because you didn't like it, couldn't get the people you didn't like kicked off, you threw your toys out of your pram, but that doesn't mean others don't like and enjoy it. 

Much the best thing to do is look at the numbers and the site's use, that might tell you more about it than just your ratgher biased but irrelevant opinion. 

Chrissie Red is off-line
14 November 2014 15:03
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Ach who cares - really..

If we don't like a site/the way its run then no point in being on it - of course if we all did that then we wouldn't have as many Chrissie_Red is a naughty person stirrers hanging about doing what they do best

It must be a pretty sad existence if your apparent main form of entertainment is to bait people on a modelling/photographer forum. If you love PP then Chrissie_Red is a naughty person off to PP, if you love PS your in the right place and if you don't give that much of a Chrissie_Red is a naughty person either way then just be on them both.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 November 2014 15:03
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from mattharper
Just because you didn't like it, couldn't get the people you didn't like kicked off, you threw your toys out of your pram

Eh?

You've got it so wrong.  Firstly I wasn't trying to get anyone kicked off and did you not read my post on the first page of this thread?

EDIT: and I did like it until Russ kept sending me threatening e-mails regarding some comments on the forums I'd made, not offensive, just mildly sarcastic.  I left because I realised that he really didn't want me on there judging by his tollerance level over any thing I posted.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Steve Walsh is off-line
14 November 2014 15:26
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Quote from mattharper
It is a very tollerant site, fook me, they let me remain a member after three years  But then, I am a mild mannered, non-controversial sort of gentleman, others may not have survived. 

What rubbish. In the very early days on PP you daren't even mention Purestorm in the forums in case the thread was sin binned. It was always referred to as 'the other site'. Anything that the admin took a dislike to was removed, warranted or not. I have no idea what its like these days, as I am no longer a member.
On another note, Model Maxim seems to be a decent site, and gathering pace too. I don't know if I will bother with the forums however.I will remain a member here though, as I still feel the site has something to offer.

Matt Harper is off-line
15 November 2014 05:33
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from RedChecker
Eh?

You've got it so wrong.  Firstly I wasn't trying to get anyone kicked off and did you not read my post on the first page of this thread?

EDIT: and I did like it until Russ kept sending me threatening e-mails regarding some comments on the forums I'd made, not offensive, just mildly sarcastic.  I left because I realised that he really didn't want me on there judging by his tollerance level over any thing I posted.

I remember your constand moans about GWcs and how the site shouldn't let them on there.  I am surprised you can't remember that.   If you make sarcy comments, do you not expect some form of warning rom the site owner.   There is this silly notion that being an active member of a site gioves you some form of entitlement, like you own the site.   

If you simply keep within the guidelines, there wopn't be a problem.  Not liking something, disagreeing with something is fine, but one cannpt expect to tell someone else how to run THEIR site. 

If they didn't want you on there, it must be something to do with you, so that is where the problem was, with YOU.  Do you understand that simply idea? 

Matt Harper is off-line
15 November 2014 05:47
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from swalsh58
What rubbish. In the very early days on PP you daren't even mention Purestorm in the forums in case the thread was sin binned. It was always referred to as 'the other site'. Anything that the admin took a dislike to was removed, warranted or not. I have no idea what its like these days, as I am no longer a member. On another note, Model Maxim seems to be a decent site, and gathering pace too. I don't know if I will bother with the forums however.I will remain a member here though, as I still feel the site has something to offer.

What absoolute rubbish.  There was no binning of threads because someone dared to mention other sites.  This is what set PP apart, there was  no fear of mentioning other sites, it was very open.   Yers, some threads get binned, I don't blame them either, why allow a thread to run where nothing constructive is being discussed or the thread is just a heated debate getting nowhere.  Rather than spend ages removing posts and quoted posts, just bin it.  Members know this so it makes for a better site.  The forum got a bit heated a year ago, it was sorted out and now, well, it's pretty bloody good.  

Yes, I see ModelMaxim is doing well, I did a search yesterday, 200 miles, I think it was about 25 models came up.  I think they might have missed the boat, two or three years ago, they might have done well, but I hear another ite came along and got members from the three main sites and is now booming. 

I don't get this anti Russ thing, he created a fantastic site, a very successful site, a site that everyone wants to be on, a site that has exceeded what any UL centric site has achieved so far.  It is odd that when one hears these anti Russ comments, or read them, it is so often the people who fell foul of PP rules that are behind them.  What a surprise that is.   I had a good friend who kept on slagging him off and as a result, lost a good friendship as I just got sick of hearing it.   The bitterness about PP comes from those who are mattharper is a naughty person ed off that their chosen site isn't doing so well now.  Again, no surprise there. 

If I was kicked off PP today, I would still say what a good site it is and has been, I might be mattharper is a naughty person ed off, but  I am not suddenly going to think it is a crap site.  

CGW is off-line
15 November 2014 05:49
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from swalsh58

What rubbish. In the very early days on PP you daren't even mention Purestorm in the forums in case the thread was sin binned. It was always referred to as 'the other site'. Anything that the admin took a dislike to was removed, warranted or not. I have no idea what its like these days, as I am no longer a member.

Its funny how folk have a different perspective on recent history. I recall the opposite. In fact a search for "purestorm" in the general chat forum there returns hundreds of hits going all the way back - if they did intend to get rid of any posts referencing purestorm they weren't very good at it.

Peter Roach is off-lineGold Member
15 November 2014 20:17
flashysnapper
Photographer
flashysnapper
Staffordshire
burton on trent

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Ach who cares really.. If we don't like a site/the way its run then no point in being on it - of course if we all did that then we wouldn't have as many flashysnapper is a naughty person stirrers hanging about doing what they do best It must be a pretty sad existence if your apparent main form of entertainment is to bait people on a modelling/photographer forum. If you love PP then flashysnapper is a naughty person off to PP, if you love PS your in the right place and if you don't give that much of a flashysnapper is a naughty person either way then just be on them both.

Chrissie, perfectly said, all this one sites better than the other is purely a matter of personal opinion, and personally I couldn't give a rats arse about who did or said what or who didn't.
If crap happened elsewhere leave there don't bring It here.

Brian Brown is off-line
16 December 2014 04:40
Brian_Brown
Photographer
Brian_Brown
Kent
Dover

I am on several sites but PP appears to make specifics to get Front Page images for photographers, which do not appear to happen for the models - for me I feel this is wrong - whoever the people are - if you like it you should show it - forget about the 'loves', contribution to forums etc.

Most days I rush to sort out the shoot, collect the model, work all day, she leaves, then I have to write the details to BlueRay and relax for the evening. But normally I shoot 4 models every week - then I have to do creating the images.

I dont have much spare time to look, view all the images, and I tend to avoid forums because people seem to get so intense.

So although I work - I cannot spend hours to see and view everything as I am so busy.

Go for what you want and just enjoy the site for whatever it may give you

marlham is off-line
16 December 2014 07:34
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

To get an FPI on PP you need to shoot one of the 'house styles'. They'll deny it, of course, but the evidence is there for all to see. And since a model's look dictates her suitability for certain styles it follows that some models stand comparatively little chance of achieving an FPI there.

And whilst forum activity might be an influencing factor in someone getting their first few FPIs I suspect once they're on everybody's 'watch list' further FPIs will follow without too much effort.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessicaliu1993 mandymack
AndyGStudios antoinewynn antonart bilingbo BobWright Daddylonglense flawless_photo GlasgowPhotographer gshocker30 Kjoservices metro michael_cameraman Nothingventured philippahh Rare1953 rscott360 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos Zuiko
grailmodels