This thread is being watched by 1 person
Profile Pictures is off-line
11 November 2014 11:23
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Well, it's too boring for me to restate what happened, but it's not quite as Harper would have it. As for people being removed, the truth is extreme feminism doesn't come into it. If you find the notion that a gang raped woman will be moist for the next rapist comical enough to offer up as a joke ( and no, a footnote about rape generally being vile isn't enough to offset that) then there's no reasoning with you. If an administrator thinks it's funny too, same story. If this being discussed out with the ( fee paid) site is a breach of some rule ( because after all it's not ok to criticise a service provider is it?) and renders a dismissal and failure to return fees paid prior to any written terms or conditions being altered, so be it.

As for not being able to say that to your or any other persons face, do get a grip. It's a chatroom essentially, not a boxing ring. In either case a caricature of Benny Hill backed up by mini-me is of little impact.

The good news is that perspective and real life events put forae and modelling sites eventually where they belong - somewhere to occasionally buy and sell second hand camera gear, maybe sort out a shoot, mostly mild amusement and light reading whilst waiting for a train, new set of tyres to be fitted or taking a profilepictures is a naughty person . There are some gifted and pleasant people in all those environments ( though both qualities at once is much rarer) but mostly it's low grade pervs and wannabes who wouldn't know the difference between an interesting picture and their own profilepictures is a naughty person ( often straining to combine the both anyway) so, naturally many good folk can't see the wood for the trees and leave long before there's a chance for change. Smoke blowers and fantasists form the vanguard of what remains.

Amber West is off-line
11 November 2014 13:37
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Quote from profilepictures
Well, it's too boring for me to restate what happened, but it's not quite as Harper would have it. As for people being removed, the truth is extreme feminism doesn't come into it. If you find the notion that a gang raped woman will be moist for the next rapist comical enough to offer up as a joke ( and no, a footnote about rape generally being vile isn't enough to offset that) then there's no reasoning with you. If an administrator thinks it's funny too, same story. If this being discussed out with the ( fee paid) site is a breach of some rule ( because after all it's not ok to criticise a service provider is it?) and renders a dismissal and failure to return fees paid prior to any written terms or conditions being altered, so be it. As for not being able to say that to your or any other persons face, do get a grip. It's a chatroom essentially, not a boxing ring. In either case a caricature of Benny Hill backed up by mini-me is of little impact. The good news is that perspective and real life events put forae and modelling sites eventually where they belong - somewhere to occasionally buy and sell second hand camera gear, maybe sort out a shoot, mostly mild amusement and light reading whilst waiting for a train, new set of tyres to be fitted or taking a Amber6 is a naughty person . There are some gifted and pleasant people in all those environments ( though both qualities at once is much rarer) but mostly it's low grade pervs and wannabes who wouldn't know the difference between an interesting picture and their own Amber6 is a naughty person ( often straining to combine the both anyway) so, naturally many good folk can't see the wood for the trees and leave long before there's a chance for change. Smoke blowers and fantasists form the vanguard of what remains.

I just want you to know, ProfilePictures - this is an awesome post.  Thank you.  Much respect to you.

CGW is off-line
11 November 2014 18:38
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Going back to the OP, I have a fondness for PS, I booked my first model shoots through this site and with very few exceptions all the models I've booked via this site have been reliable. Yes, I've had a few replies to castings from folk who are geographically challenged or hadn't bothered to read the casting at all, but that happens anywhere.

The one major improvement I'd like to see is sorting out the search, someone has already mentioned making it postcode based, I 100% agree with that.

As for the rest of the thread, well its been mostly very sour chip-on-the shoulder stuff mixed in with a bit of trolling. Its a shame such folk seem to dominate the forums here these days.

Matt Harper is off-line
12 November 2014 07:16
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from profilepictures
Well, it's too boring for me to restate what happened, but it's not quite as Harper would have it. As for people being removed, the truth is extreme feminism doesn't come into it. If you find the notion that a gang raped woman will be moist for the next rapist comical enough to offer up as a joke ( and no, a footnote about rape generally being vile isn't enough to offset that) then there's no reasoning with you. If an administrator thinks it's funny too, same story. If this being discussed out with the ( fee paid) site is a breach of some rule ( because after all it's not ok to criticise a service provider is it?) and renders a dismissal and failure to return fees paid prior to any written terms or conditions being altered, so be it. As for not being able to say that to your or any other persons face, do get a grip. It's a chatroom essentially, not a boxing ring. In either case a caricature of Benny Hill backed up by mini-me is of little impact. The good news is that perspective and real life events put forae and modelling sites eventually where they belong - somewhere to occasionally buy and sell second hand camera gear, maybe sort out a shoot, mostly mild amusement and light reading whilst waiting for a train, new set of tyres to be fitted or taking a mattharper is a naughty person . There are some gifted and pleasant people in all those environments ( though both qualities at once is much rarer) but mostly it's low grade pervs and wannabes who wouldn't know the difference between an interesting picture and their own mattharper is a naughty person ( often straining to combine the both anyway) so, naturally many good folk can't see the wood for the trees and leave long before there's a chance for change. Smoke blowers and fantasists form the vanguard of what remains.

It was not a footnote, in fact, the forenote and previous few posts  was the bulk of what I was saying, see my reply to Chrissie on the previous page.   It is too boring for you, is it?   I am sure people seeing this would be iinterested on your recollection of the thread.    

My memory is fine.  I say it is fine, but I can't remember why you were kicked off PP, I have a feeling it was something to do with a model friend of yours.  I seem to recall pictures floating around after you left on FB.    

Site rules don't really have to play a part, an owner of a site can remove who they want, regardless of rules.  Rules can't cover everything that is done or said, "choice" can though. 

Always interesting when having a dig around  

When can we see Issue 3 of Spunky Magazine? 

As far as your description of internet personalities is remarkably accurate  

Like your wedding site, nice. 

marlham is off-line
12 November 2014 08:16
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Amber6
I just want you to know, ProfilePictures - this is an awesome post.  Thank you.  Much respect to you.

+1
He gets plenty of respect already though, no need to heap more on

Steve Walsh is off-line
12 November 2014 15:15
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Quote from cgwebster
Going back to the OP, I have a fondness for PS, I booked my first model shoots through this site and with very few exceptions all the models I've booked via this site have been reliable. Yes, I've had a few replies to castings from folk who are geographically challenged or hadn't bothered to read the casting at all, but that happens anywhere.

The one major improvement I'd like to see is sorting out the search, someone has already mentioned making it postcode based, I 100% agree with that.

As for the rest of the thread, well its been mostly very sour chip-on-the shoulder stuff mixed in with a bit of trolling. Its a shame such folk seem to dominate the forums here these days.

I agree with your post, though if you think the forums here are bad now, you should have seen them a couple of years ago. This site should have been called trollstorm, from trollsylvania on the Troll sea. Matt Harper seems to be doing his best to get it back where it was, I do wish he wouldn't........

CGW is off-line
12 November 2014 17:35
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from swalsh58

I agree with your post, though if you think the forums here are bad now, you should have seen them a couple of years ago. This site should have been called trollstorm, from trollsylvania on the Troll sea. Matt Harper seems to be doing his best to get it back where it was, I do wish he wouldn't........

it wasn't Mr Harper I was referring to, sure he is more than a bit boorish, a natural for a part in "Life on Mars" should they re-cast but a troll? nah.

The other aspect of the good old days was that some talented folk also used to share images, the likes of Silverlight and EMC to name a couple. I guess they got chased away by all the negativity, by the constant proclaiming that any positive comment is smoke blowing sycophancy for example.

The extremes have gone now, the good and the bad, all that's left is the mediocre.

Matthew G is off-line
12 November 2014 19:23
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Wow, This has now got to twelve pages... must be a first in a while for a post here. I think you should all give ModelMaxim a chance... The recent images page is fantastic. Don't abandon Purestorm, just use it as well. The guy behind it has done an excellent job of the design and the more people that come across the better. :-)

13 November 2014 07:32
TeddyB
Photographer

Quote from MG
Don't abandon Purestorm, just use it as well.

The guy behind it has done an excellent job of the design and the more people that come across the better. :-)

Well said, Matthew
You know what's there. Waiting. Beyond that beach. Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Steve Walsh is off-line
13 November 2014 11:22
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Quote from MG
Wow, This has now got to twelve pages... must be a first in a while for a post here. I think you should all give ModelMaxim a chance... The recent images page is fantastic. Don't abandon Purestorm, just use it as well. The guy behind it has done an excellent job of the design and the more people that come across the better. :-)

What is model maxim? I have googled it and all I get is Maxim the magazine or FHM. If I separate the words, it takes me to model mayhem. If its a new site, its not appearing in any of the search engines. This is also the first I have heard of it, so how many members has it got, and where are they all??

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asian_amy_Latina mandymack
alexcrawford duncanjames evopro fannmore glamshots hioctane James7799 Kjoservices M4150S photomart rembrandt Steveh32 thelook