10 November 2014 14:02
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from mattharper
I am not really that concerned with what is acceptable to you on or off a modelling site....

I understand that my curiosity is making you feel uncomfortable and appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I don't know you nor am I overly acquainted with your forum activity. But I've detected in your responses to me that you feel as if there's a group of people who are or were determined to get you ejected from PP for no other reason than they didn't like you. Now to me that sounds irrational and childish - I don't think that's likely at all. On the whole people are tolerant towards others even if they don't agree with them or like them - that's been my experience anyway. So your argument that people made an issue of the joke to get you banned solely because they didn't like you doesn't seem plausible to me. So what is it that drives you to the conclusion that there was some sort of conspiracy against you?

marlham is off-line
10 November 2014 18:03
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from mattharper
... but it was taken completely on its own and coopied to FB and in emails where readers could only see the "joke" and not the rest of my post.

What's the relevance of FB? You've mentioned it a couple of times now.

Matt Harper is off-line
11 November 2014 04:58
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from marlhamphoto
I understand that my curiosity is making you feel uncomfortable and appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I don't know you nor am I overly acquainted with your forum activity. But I've detected in your responses to me that you feel as if there's a group of people who are or were determined to get you ejected from PP for no other reason than they didn't like you. Now to me that sounds irrational and childish - I don't think that's likely at all. On the whole people are tolerant towards others even if they don't agree with them or like them - that's been my experience anyway. So your argument that people made an issue of the joke to get you banned solely because they didn't like you doesn't seem plausible to me. So what is it that drives you to the conclusion that there was some sort of conspiracy against you?

Quite simple, I had mattharper is a naughty person ed a few of them off.  The odd thing was that the little whinging group was mnade up of a few from here who I had run-ins with. If you saw the comments on FB, you woukld soon realise why I can coinclude a level of unpopularity   That doesn't concern me, what did, was the amount of people making comments they wouldn't say directly to me.  It was interesting to see who was making coments actually, tells one a fair bit about someone when they slag the mattharper is a naughty person out of you in a group discussion, thinking you can't see it, but are straightforward and pleasant in direct messages elsewhere  

As you say, you know nothing of my forum activity, yet you decided to copy the "joke" into  a thread on here  a couple of months ago and you still didn't answer my questions regarding that.  GHo back and have a read and then maybe you can answer the questions.  It was about negativity on Purestorm.

The relevance of FB?  I partly illude to that two paragraphs up, but in short, when a group of people from a modelling site copy things from  a site thread, take it FB, post it or them, start slagging off the site for not banning me (yes, that is what was said), slagging off the owner, they are asking for trouble with the site.   As I said, if it was my site and someone starting slagging it  and me off on FB, their account would be deleted as they surely don't want to be part of a site that they fel so badly about.  If you had seen the comments, you would see why I mention the chance they thought they had.  I am not about to post screenshots, not a chance, but I have a look now and then as I can chuckle at what they say while seeing their general forum behaviour, I laugh when I see what they said about PP and how they are on the forum generally;  coomical!  I then look at who said what about the other site and about me, know that they were banned and smile    I think the saying is soomething along the lines of "if you dish it out, be ready for the consequences. 

However, none of this has any relevance here now, but you can try and drag it on as it seems to amuse you, that way, you might be more familiar with my forum behaviour, if I bother to reply again, which is unlikely as I am now tired of your trolling.  I rarely encounter this nowadays as the other site got rid of a load of the trolls, a few still hide here and all they seem to want to do is slag off the other site.  Niot only that, I see vile comments on here about the other site's owner which say far more about those making those comments than anyone they are aimed at.   Jealousy, bitterness and petty bickering are not good traits to have, it's like the little group in the corner of the playground that can't join in with the rest because they have been silly little girls, pretending to be men.  

marlham is off-line
11 November 2014 05:29
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from mattharper
Quite simple, I had marlhamphoto is a naughty person ed a few of them off....

So all this FB activity you refer to - did that occur before or after the 'joke' incident?

The reason I ask is that based on what you've said so far the kind of activity you refer to would be a natural outcome - surely that's obvious to anybody? People would have been understandably enraged by what you posted and to some extent the site's tolerance of it. At best what you posted was a gross error of judgement on your part and was bound to inflame people's feelings toward you - do you not agree?

Or are you saying this activity occurred before you posted the 'joke'?

Matt Harper is off-line
11 November 2014 05:58
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from marlhamphoto
So all this FB activity you refer to - did that occur before or after the 'joke' incident?

The reason I ask is that based on what you've said so far the kind of activity you refer to would be a natural outcome - surely that's obvious to anybody? People would have been understandably enraged by what you posted and to some extent the site's tolerance of it. At best what you posted was a gross error of judgement on your part and was bound to inflame people's feelings toward you - do you not agree?

Or are you saying this activity occurred before you posted the 'joke'?

As a result of, but it was quite predictablre who was commetning  
The thing is, the majority weren't told about the wholle post, they assiumed it was just a joke posted. 
Yes, of course it would inflame opinions, as does a hell of a lot of what is posted.  
The point you are missing is the taking it to FB, not just about me, I don't worry about what people say unless it is based on lies or misrepresentation, as was the case with this, but more so, taking the hatred and critisism about the sitte and the site owner AND THEN, the vitriolic outbursts after a handful were banned and I wasn't.  The result of that was more comments and more bitterness towards me, but AGAIN, towards the site owner, who, dealt with the situation and then found out what was being said.    Like I said, if it was my site, every name on the FB thresad would have been out, for the simple reason, "don't like the site, mattharper is a naughty person off then". 

It is history, it was a ridiculous thread with a rather extreme feminist twist and I threw in a handgrenade, as I have done a few times in the past with threads that I think are onesided or way over-the-top.  As I said, the context was overlooked and many people commenting on FB never even saw the thread.  

As I said, history, old news and irrelevant to life now. 

Error of judgement?   Oh yes, of course, but who can claim to be perfect?  

Must dash, coffee and interesting thread elsewhere  

Rupert Rudd is off-line
11 November 2014 06:50
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Enjoyed this thread but now it contains too many words. Got long winded.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

marlham is off-line
11 November 2014 08:02
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from mattharper
It is history, it was a ridiculous thread with a rather extreme feminist twist and I threw in a handgrenade, as I have done a few times in the past with threads that I think are onesided or way over-the-top....

Ah OK. So here we go:

You posted a deliberately inflamatory 'joke' and the people who were offended and enraged by it ranted about it on PP. The site owner didn't listen so it overflowed onto FB where the site owner then inflamed the situation further by his own activity there. Ultimately that resulted in the site owner removing the profiles of many of those people. Other people removed themselves because they didn't agree with how he dealt with it.

Does that sound like a fair outcome to you for those who had their profiles removed? Particularly since you admit your 'joke' was deliberately inflamatory but you remain on the site? Do you not think that there might have been a more reconciliatory and fair outcome to the whole thing?

Matt Harper is off-line
11 November 2014 08:18
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from marlhamphoto
Ah OK. So here we go:

You posted a deliberately inflamatory 'joke' and the people who were offended and enraged by it ranted about it on PP. The site owner didn't listen so it overflowed onto FB where the site owner then inflamed the situation further by his own activity there. Ultimately that resulted in the site owner removing the profiles of many of those people. Other people removed themselves because they didn't agree with how he dealt with it.

Does that sound like a fair outcome to you for those who had their profiles removed? Particularly since you admit your 'joke' was deliberately inflamatory but you remain on the site? Do you not think that there might have been a more reconciliatory and fair outcome to the whole thing?

No, the site owner did not go onto FB and discuss it, others did. Nor did I. 
Not deliberately inflammatory, just a biut controversial, however, this is this the last time I shall say this, it was written with along with other comments which explained that it was merely an exaample of the way some people speak, the type of jokes and comments that are going round.  Do you understand this bit?  It was NOT posted as  joke, it  WAS and axample and it WAS accompanied with other comments that said rape is vile, all in one post by me.  Do you UNDERSTAND that just the bit people wanted to quote was copied, NOT the rest, not the bit saying rape is VILE?  The oputcome was perfectly fair, people took it to FB and slagged the mattharper is a naughty person out of PP and the owner;  the reasons are irrelevant, they did it and got booted off.  Had they not dopmne that, they would still be mnembers now.  Actually, maybe not as a few were determined to casue trouble as often as they could.   I had several messages congratulating me for getting one or two booted off, but it wasn't me that did it, they did it themsleves, so  a perectly fair outcome, one has to be accountable for one's actions.  I had my suspension, I accepted it, no opoint in arguing. 

End of discussion as your trolling is pathetic and frankly, paints you in a poor light, as someone determined to provoke.  It ain't happening.   

Now go and play with your lego or make some RANCID or mattharper is a naughty person comments on people's photos, I bet you are good at that    

Exercise time and then rest for me, so you won't hear any more 

marlham is off-line
11 November 2014 08:43
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from mattharper
End of discussion as your trolling is pathetic and frankly, paints you in a poor light, as someone determined to provoke.  It ain't happening.

You know I thought there was a chance you were going to apologise to the people who got banned for your part in the whole thing. You'd already admitted the 'joke' was poor judgement by you which I thought was a good sign. But perhaps I was wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

As to whether or not the site owner acted fairly, or even impartially, I guess people will have to draw their own conclusions on that.

Steve Walsh is online
11 November 2014 09:30
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

I think this thread has gone a long way from the original topic, and seems to be more about Matt Harper and what he did on PP. Who cares? I always saw him as a controversial character on PP (when I was a member) and usually just ignored his comments as an attempt to bait people into reacting. He is one of those people who will always argue the point, and it does become tiresome after a while.
Can we stop the bickering now? Please?

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jenbailey7 Jessica_Knight Macho_man
63jian andyk antonart bob brendan ChrisNewton cps digitizer diphoto KrissB Ladiesman Lincslad MIB mlp paulj1980 Peter_d_photography Platidonio RHPhoto rscott360 Steveh32 swalsh58 talldave68 TinDolls usha13
harbourstudio