Whats Happening Purestorm

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Wilts Imaging is off-line
02 November 2014 16:50
Mazza1967
Photographer
Mazza1967
Wiltshire

I am starting to question if I stay on here , I would confess to having used the other P site as my prefered option, but having been a member here for some time I really dont want to give up , But I feel the site needs to lighten up a little ,  Feed back graphs who has viewed and interactive tools are just not available , Knowing how many views an image attracts is a valuable tool as It the measure of succes  ! Come on Purestorm we want to know if our images are viewed or not  The negative feed back option should def stay !!!  I agree with it 100%  just give us  some toys to play with !!!!

Paul J is off-line
02 November 2014 17:38
Paul_J
Photographer
Paul_J
North Yorkshire
Selby / York

'the other P site' has been serious competition to purestorm for more than 2 years now & there's been no overhaul of this site to add the improvements you're looking for, so doubtful it's going to happen now.

obviously it's up to you as to whether you stay or go & how useful your membership is to you. the days of 4/500 members being online & (my) castings getting 40+ replies (are there even 40 models online right now?) are firmly in the past now.

i still find the site useful, but i think we probably have the accept it for how it is.
..... and your legs are too short, I want a fit bird from the Sunday Sport

Wilts Imaging is off-line
02 November 2014 17:55
Mazza1967
Photographer
Mazza1967
Wiltshire

I guess my frustration is that competition is a good thing, in fact essential come on Purestorm step up !!! get back in the game

Matthew G is off-line
02 November 2014 18:57
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I've just discovered a brand new site.... Looks fantastic and seems to work really well. It's only just been launched so not many people on it yet but well worth a look... Hope I don't get in to trouble for this but its modelmaxim.com    This site has its good points and so does purple but it will be interesting to see how big this new one gets...

Profile Pictures is off-line
02 November 2014 19:19
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

In all honesty I don't think knowing how many views or likes or internet site awards and comment an image gets is any measure of its success within tiny ponds like net modelling sites. Maybe on the large photo portfolio sites or the likes of tumblr etc it's an interesting point, but even there that doesn't really mean very much. I dislike pp intensely anyway so no inclination to discuss its structure other than it has a great deal of smoke blowing going on which amounts to profilepictures is a naughty person all.

marlham is off-line
03 November 2014 07:07
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from profilepictures
In all honesty I don't think knowing how many views or likes or internet site awards and comment an image gets is any measure of its success within tiny ponds like net modelling sites. Maybe on the large photo portfolio sites or the likes of tumblr etc it's an interesting point, but even there that doesn't really mean very much. I dislike pp intensely anyway so no inclination to discuss its structure other than it has a great deal of smoke blowing going on which amounts to marlhamphoto is a naughty person all.

+1

If we all measured the success of our photography based on the comments our images received on modelling sites I know what we'd end up with - and it won't be pretty. What you have to understand is that the comments you receive rarely have anything whatsoever to do with the quality of your photography!

You might find PP useful in your area - it's close to an area which is locally strong for them - so it might be a good move for you. In my area it's pants - comprised more or less entirely of FB models who were encouraged to sign up and then wondered why they bothered.

Plus there's a significant and growing number of people who have either left PP through choice or have had their accounts removed for reasons that are difficult to understand. And it's evident that many people who remain there do so nervously. Nervous that if they say the wrong thing they'll be out on their ear too. And if that happens perhaps they envisage that they will encounter difficulty finding models outside PP?

IMO Purestorm's strength is that it doesn't mirror PP - either functionally or in the way that it is managed.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
03 November 2014 07:50
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from marlhamphoto
Plus there's a significant and growing number of people who have either left PP through choice or have had their accounts removed for reasons that are difficult to understand. And it's evident that many people who remain there do so nervously. Nervous that if they say the wrong thing they'll be out on their ear too. And if that happens perhaps they envisage that they will encounter difficulty finding models outside PP?

+1

I left after receiving e-mailed threats from management, apparently they didn't like it when I'd make sarky comments on the forums especially when it concerned one of their 'inner-circle'.  Never mind what they say though, even if it includes causing offense by making fun of rape victims but hey ho!

As for the models, it is a problem leaving there.  Many models who have accounts on both this and that site tend to only log into this one on a rare occasion which is somewhat silly IMO (some only come on here every couple of months or so under the belief that nobody uses this site any more).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Keith Wells is off-lineSilver Member
03 November 2014 10:03
keithpics
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

I suspect other sites attract interest because their standards aren't as high as PS. That's why I stick with PS. I've been very grateful for the accurate and professional advice I've had from other PS members and the models have always been reliable. If it ain't broke let's be careful about getting the spanners out.

photo_phil is off-line
03 November 2014 11:33
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

I like it here, it's alwayz been a friendly place to be.
I don't shoot as often as I used to having decided to spend my money on new things, but I have noticed a big decline in replies when I post a casting.

G Jack B is off-line
03 November 2014 11:35
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Quote from profilepictures
In all honesty I don't think knowing how many views or likes or internet site awards and comment an image gets is any measure of its success within tiny ponds like net modelling sites. Maybe on the large photo portfolio sites or the likes of tumblr etc it's an interesting point, but even there that doesn't really mean very much. I dislike pp intensely anyway so no inclination to discuss its structure other than it has a great deal of smoke blowing going on which amounts to Plymjack is a naughty person all.

+1
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
fashion29 Natpenelope SuzyMonty Winterlilly
Davebu david1500 dby47 djb1 eosfan keltica lester2705 mikebee nunude panda49 Phiesta1 photomart poah Puremoods sammylhel siclews smart2 steveh32 wacTony Wayne Wtphotos
Hayley26x