Reminder Secure

Anyone Ordered A Hard Drive From Amazon? (Packaging Question)

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Paul J is off-line
18 November 2014 06:39
Paul_J
Photographer
Paul_J
North Yorkshire
Selby / York

hey, as my thread has been given a couple of fresh updates, i thought i'd share my latest experience with amazon. i did indeed give them a chance & ordered one of their cheap 'generic' hard drives as i needed a temporary drive for cloning.

the hard drive was already packed in a jiffy bag (this is how it came as the padded envelope had a printed product label on it). this was then placed in an oversized box (my bad, i ordered another item too) and for additional protection my amazon picker placed just one single piece of brown packing paper in the box. no fragile sticker on the outside neither.

so the only protection it had in transit was one single layer of bubble wrap from the padded envelope. the drive formatted ok & was free of bad sectors but i won't be giving amazon a 2nd chance
..... and your legs are too short, I want a fit bird from the Sunday Sport

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 November 2014 06:47
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

A lot of hard-drives now come in special cardboard boxes which you can see here (with what Amazon call 'Frustration Free Packaging' ) 

(click the FFP button under the price to see the box photos)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Chrissie Red is off-line
18 November 2014 11:45
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Only ordered 1 bit of camera related stuff from amazon -

It arrived like this - Such a massive box to transport a tiny little trigger!

Agree with what others have said - it depends on who is shipping it out. Don't just look at the actual product reviews - you can also look at reviews of the seller, where the reviews are only about the postage/packaging and the sellers communication. I always look over there when making a big purchase

Not really on the subject but I signed up to prime - mainly for the instant video streaming and its pretty good! I have been subscribed since last March and its easier to navigate than nextflix is.

modjo30 is off-line
19 November 2014 05:37
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
Cambridgeshire
st neots

I order all my stuff from Ebuyer, their packaging is always good and very well packed, never had an issue

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
tanyacooney1234
casell photofrank