Converting M2t Files to WMV

TheStudioMK is off-line
28 September 2014 07:27
TheStudioMK
Photographer
TheStudioMK
Buckinghamshire
Milton Keynes

Any one know any good (free or cheap) to convert M2t files into WMV's ? We used to use Sony Vegas...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 September 2014 09:36
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I had this issue a year or so ago, albeit with .MXF files. There's several shareware convertors out there (~£20-30) but I wasn't entirely happy with the quality as they massively reduced the bitrate from the source footage (in my case down from 50mbps to 20mbps). There are demos you can try out of you search around, Aiseesoft do one that wasn't bad from the trial I had.

In the end I ended up with Sony Vegas (Pro) which natively read the files, and accelerated rendering through my video card. It also eliminates having to do the intermediate conversions stage which IMO would get to be a pain in the arse with lots of footage if you just want to crack on with editing.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

KHV is off-line
28 September 2014 10:56
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Well as an m2t file is just an mpg2 file, I assumed that you could just put it into Windows Live Movie Maker and then use that to convert.

I have just done that, and it works although I have Adobe Premier CC and would have just imported it into Premier then using the Adobe Encoder.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Alicestar AriaRosee ElleLaura Hayleyrooney isobel111 Pebbles40 Stephieb27
claypaws dorrian Dphphotography firsttake frankpht Funder005 Jamesrichards Jaywirksworth khan1984 looksphotography mlp parafotos philippahh Puremoods redmedia Rhadamanthus
Discretion