Reminder Secure

Amusing applications

19 September 2014 03:32
kjoleweb
Photographer

My casting says I'll pay "this amount" for "these modelling services".
I get applicants that are interested and require 3 times what I'm paying.
Why do they bother applying?

Confused!

Neil Anderson is off-line
19 September 2014 03:50
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

You know who they are. Why not ask them ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

John at Tina Spice is off-lineSilver Member
19 September 2014 03:57
john_at_tina_spice
Photographer
john_at_tina_spice
London
Greenwich

Let's be kind and assume that work is so scarce that people will clutch at straws.

Or less kind and assume that they don't bother to read stuff. I have got into the habit recently of specifying in great detail rates, where I want to shoot, what I want to shoot, how far I will travel etc. I still get loads of responses from models from the other end of the country, who don't shoot to the required level and, yes, want more money than is on offer (sometimes more money that anyone would reasonably pay!). Such is life.

19 September 2014 04:34
kjoleweb
Photographer

Yeah, I know. I have been doing this for some 8 years... Sometimes it's just nice to vent...

I usually write very detailed castings. They don't get read, and I get a bunch of questions.
When I tried less details, I still get questions about the 5 lines that I actually wrote...

.End frust

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
19 September 2014 04:43
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

That's the nature of the beast, the mention of scarce work, is probably a factor. But, like OP I do wish that a more careful look at more than just 'paid work' is done.
Just a couple that made me wonder what I'd put in the casting, one was a 3 hour shoot, stating , clearly Newcastle area, got a reply from Sussex.
Another studio shoot, gave day, date and times, I was asked if I could change day, date and time, as model worked that day?

19 September 2014 06:33
kjoleweb
Photographer

Quote from magpie1
Another studio shoot, gave day, date and times, I was asked if I could change day, date and time, as model worked that day?

Yeap, that happens a lot.
I travel and post my travel dates (on another site).
A lot of people ask to shoot out of my travel dates...

19 September 2014 14:29
Jackass
Photographer

If work is scarce it's hardly refelected in the rates asked by some models. Some of them are quite amusing.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

19 September 2014 14:48
kjoleweb
Photographer

I think it's just sloppy work reading the castings. I think it's a "cut and paste to every paid casting there is" kind of problem... But it's annoying.

Looking to create a derivative of the abbreviation used many years ago; RTFM
How about RTFC? Who's with me!

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
19 September 2014 16:36
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

Quote from kjoleweb
Looking to create a derivative of the abbreviation used many years ago; RTFM
How about RTFC? Who's with me!

but then we would get "what does RTFC mean?, and i'm only asking £100 an hour,
so what do you mean "foffski onyerbyke".

Kevin Wilson is off-line
20 September 2014 10:37
kerandastudio2
Studio
kerandastudio2
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from kjoleweb

My casting says I'll pay "this amount" for "these modelling services".
I get applicants that are interested and require 3 times what I'm paying.
Why do they bother applying?

Confused!

My guess is as you state,  Payment; NOK 500/h   models have no idea what that converts to in  £ sterling and apply hoping their rates may be in line with your offer.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
MissCaraJane RoxyMendez
3rd_Angle andygstudios anthonyh bbphotos Belemboo Clickrshots cliffc davejohn davkit djb1 Funder005 JRFox Ladiesman Matt1988 mlp nemesis Platidonio Pmeswani poah redbaron rscott360 RupertRudd simpson_shoots sinimiphotography skymouse Tarmoo Thelfcdude888 thestarglider xposed zzdigital
Matt