Reminder Secure

scottish independance

Jim Meek is off-line
18 September 2014 12:41
JimM
Photographer

Ayrshire
Irvine

When Scotland declares its independance and models and photographers then have to travel to a non EU country and have to apply for visas will this put them off travelling to Scotland?I'm just curious.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 September 2014 14:18
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

According to the 'yes' voters I've heard from on FB, it will business as usual without borders.

Allegedly, in no way, shape or form will there be the need for passports, border control, visas etc.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Anthonygh is off-line
18 September 2014 14:22
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from RedChecker
According to the 'yes' voters I've heard from on FB, it will business as usual without borders. Allegedly, in no way, shape or form will there be the need for passports, border control, visas etc.

If we are in the EU and Scotland isn't...then that is a requirement as they will be foreign nationals....that is, they can let us in if they want without passports...we can't let them in.

As I recall...Scotland would cease to be in the EU the day it became inderpendent...if it does. Something else Salmond didn't like being questioned on.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 September 2014 14:49
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Anthonygh is off-line
18 September 2014 15:06
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

This could be a clear win win situation for a lot of British citizens.

As a UK citizen I am entitled to relocate to Scotland tomorrow if I wish and will then have the same rights as if I lived there all my life....and theoretically, that will be the case up until independence day. There might be some minor exceptions but basically I would be 'a citizen'.

Which means all UK citizens have the right to wait until they suss out which country suits them best, then all they have to do is relocate before Scotland leaves the UK (and EU on the same day it seems). It is hard to envisage any situation whereby the UK or Scotland will seek to expel residents from the 'other' country....too many complications.

Paul Hodson is off-line
18 September 2014 15:25
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from RedChecker
According to the 'yes' voters I've heard from on FB, it will business as usual without borders.

Well - they would say that wouldn't they..................laugh
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Anthonygh is off-line
18 September 2014 16:43
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

All EU countries have a treaty obligation to secure their borders from none EU citizens without entry rights. If the Scots are no longer in the EU then the UK has the same obligation regarding them.

It makes sense really...if the Scots allowed anyone into their country...who could then stroll over the border to ours.....you can see the difficulty.

Of course that is exactly what is happening in other parts of the EU where the EU - none EU border 'leaks'...but the UK govt is highly critical of this failure on the part of some other EU countries.....so it would seem strange if it was allowed here.

Andy is off-line
18 September 2014 17:36
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Quote from JimM
When Scotland declares its independance and models and photographers then have to travel to a non EU country and have to apply for visas will this put them off travelling to Scotland?I'm just curious.

Not sure if it will put them off ? but when booking them make sure they take payment in "Smackeroonies" at least until the currency is sorted

lets get shootin

Paul Hodson is off-line
19 September 2014 02:10
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

NO NO NO NO

EXCELLENT.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

marlham is off-line
19 September 2014 02:28
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from anthonyh
All EU countries have a treaty obligation to secure their borders from none EU citizens without entry rights. If the Scots are no longer in the EU then the UK has the same obligation regarding them. It makes sense really...if the Scots allowed anyone into their country...who could then stroll over the border to ours.....you can see the difficulty. Of course that is exactly what is happening in other parts of the EU where the EU - none EU border 'leaks'...but the UK govt is highly critical of this failure on the part of some other EU countries.....so it would seem strange if it was allowed here.

Your knowledge of EU border control is woefully inadequate. Consider first why it is that UK citizens need a passport to travel within the EU and if you can get a grasp on that you'll start to understand why there would be no EU requirement for UK border control with an independant Scotland.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
carinasl Dadshouse12 Just_janine missminiskirt PrettyDiamond RISelene Zhiying
beaverray biggles485 bob22 Bondi_Will Dave@studio99 djb1 Don_Dark Einstein fannmore frankpht James7799 Jse_photography Manchestertog1 mrdl Nwphotosinc1 photomart quercus rscott360