Serious question...

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Lydia is off-line
16 September 2014 14:20
Lasonadora
Model

Surrey
London

Is it possible to make money as a model without doing nude or topless shoots? I'm not a prude or anything, just wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it knowing that friends/family could come across something!

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
16 September 2014 14:47
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Just walk into WH Smith and pick up a few magazines at random for your answer. Sites like this are a drop in the ocean when it comes to modelling work and a very distorted mirror on the genre as a whole.

Finding the work and convincing the right people you are the one is a whole new ball game of course but the simple answer is yes.....it is possible and I know of models who have done it
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Chrissie Red is off-line
16 September 2014 14:48
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Is you are 18 - 5'ft10 + and have great bone structure and a slim body with fantastic nails/skin/hair and teeth then yes. Via an agency.

If you aren't any of the above then you may get into an agency but it might be a little trickier.

You probably won't make much money on internet modelling without doing nude/topless, Often people think "oh I will just take my clothes off and I will make loads of money" - doesn't work like that. Some people may make £20 here and there from a photographer who is just looking for a naked female but to be a nude model and be paid regularly for your work you need to be good at it and work hard - having a good figure/being flexible is also of benefit.

If your worried about friends and family coming across it then it sounds like it would be something "hidden" and secrets are never cool. If you genuinely want to do it then I suggest telling your family and friends who matter.

JHD is off-line
16 September 2014 16:36
Astphoto
Photographer

Merseyside

Answer YES.

But you have to work at it. Like any job it takes dedication, hard work and a reality. As a professional photographer I have to spend most of my time running a business and looking for work. As the post above say's look at the published work, most is mundane but steady work if you can get it.

Topless/Nude work might produce some quick profit in the short term but you will find far more pictures advertising iron's, tupperware etc.

This industry sounds glamorous and fun but it is hard work and a never ending round of rejection and you will only get out what you put in.

17 September 2014 01:21
rondisneyphotography
Photographer

...all of the previous advice is essentially correct....however at 5ft-5ins..someone needs to be honest with you....

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
17 September 2014 02:46
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from rondisneyphotography
...all of the previous advice is essentially correct....however at 5ft-5ins..someone needs to be honest with you....

Yes at 5'5" she probably won't get into an agency and certainly won't get into catwalk but this site generally caters for 'internet modelling' where odd things like height and being size zero aren't the be-all and end all to most* and there's no reason why she couldn't be mildly successful.  I've certainly never looked at a model's height or stats when booking them, I go simply by what I can see in photos.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Profile Pictures is off-line
17 September 2014 03:25
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'm never aware of height either really, it doesn't matter much unless maybe you're working for a designer with a rail full of clothes to show. Not common round these parts. As for nudity, you can choose to avoid it of course but be aware that some clothed or underwear work can be more obviously sexualised than naked might. I guess it's a case of making yourself appealing and a practical choice got photographers and stylists etc to want to hire. Start with an agency enquiry, probably one thats petite model friendly and see how you get on maybe? The quickest way to see how you'll get on here, is to arrange some shoots as your portfolio right now is a bit light.

17 September 2014 06:56
rondisneyphotography
Photographer

..fair comments guys....but as these types of internet sites are bent towards the glamour side of the industry and as she comments she does,nt want glamour work then this site is not for her.....as mentioned get 2or3 simple images shot under natural light with no slap on..send these off to a good well recommended local model agency and get a honest reply...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
17 September 2014 07:15
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Some successful 'internet' models would most likely get a firm 'no' from agencies so they're not likely to give the most honest reply.

Some decent images would be a start (certainly as it's difficult to gauge based on the OP's current images) and take it from there. There's not hard/fast rules to this when it simply comes to being able to make a living regardless of it being freelancing off the internet or going through agencies.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

marlham is off-line
17 September 2014 10:29
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Lasonadora
Is it possible to make money as a model without doing nude or topless shoots? I'm not a prude or anything, just wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it knowing that friends/family could come across something!

If you're lucky you'll get your travel expenses covered. I wouldn't get your hopes up beyond that.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
blurob Charlotte90 DareMeDD ElleLaura kategrimsby RoxyMendez Stephieb27 Winterlilly
azurphotos BOBREEVES chicimages Dave@studio99 Essexjohn nickdandalos redbaron redmedia robhillphoto siclews simon007 skymouse sniffer Studio1 Willjamieson