jivago Photographic is off-line
04 October 2014 20:45
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from artemis
Right. I posted a thread asking advice about rates. I had no idea some other person was using same name. In no way am I unprofessional and wouldn't turn up to a shoot and I resent the implication. Just because I'm new doesn't mean I'm unreliable. Bring down her name? Again I have no idea who she is. Why should I Change my name? All photographers who have contacted me know exactly who I am. It was NOT a valid point to bring up as it's irrelevant and I was asking for help on rates. I will think twice about ever asking for help on here again. I'm not remotely embarrassed about using the name and after all this ridiculous storm in tea cup I will not change it on principle. I don't like intimidation. With regards to following links, I did and they were most helpful.

No need to change your name   If someone decides to derive their name  from a story - Then so can anybody else.

.....Rates a market rates. 

Do ask on here again - Ignore those who are up thier own arses.
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 October 2014 01:39
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from jivago
No need to change your name   If someone decides to derive their name  from a story - Then so can anybody else.

.....Rates a market rates. 

Do ask on here again - Ignore those who are up thier own arses.

Defeats the point of you posting doesn't it?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Des Osborne is off-line
05 October 2014 11:01
ossies
Photographer

Staffordshire
Tamworth

Glad I don't hardly use this site anymore and feel so sorry for New people joining this site .

There is more bullying and personal attacks by various members on here [ same hardcore group ] then any other site I have been on.

The well known mouthy ones tend to pic argument nothing to do with a thread and obviously don't have a life

I would never ask advice on here for the barrage of abuse or intimidation I would receive , Why peeps cannot be nice and just simply
answer the question instead of picking a stupid argument .

Apologies to a lot of nice peeps on here but spoiled by the ignoramuses who are allowed to get away with insulting people ..

Mouthy ones , I await your abuse

GRAHAM HICKMAN is off-line
05 October 2014 16:01
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer

Shropshire
TELFORD

Completely agree with Ossies

Paul Spencer Clamp is off-lineGold Member
11 December 2014 12:11
psclamp
Photographer

South Yorkshire
Thorne

Having worked with the original Artemis, ie Artemis Fauna, I think she has made a completely valid point. The names are just too similar for both to be used. It will definitely cause confusion somewhere down the line. Also I think the people on this thread who are saying that it's not important are missing the point completely. OK, it's not important to them because it doesn't concern them, but it shouldn't take a whole lot of empathy to realise that it might very well be upsetting to someone who has used the name for years. Greek myth or not, it is still a very unusual name and in my opinion it would be similar to someone using the name Zorba the Greek suddenly to find after firmly establishing that name that someone else came along who called themselves Zorba the Spaniard. Also I think that Artemis 2 should possess a little more common decency as she is new to the site and choose another name. Personally I wouldn't want to work with someone so obviously bloody minded and uncaring of the in my view completely understandable feelings of others.

marlham is off-line
11 December 2014 12:54
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from psclamp
Having worked with the original Artemis, ie Artemis Fauna...

On what basis do you ascribe original use of the word Artemis in a modelling alias to Artemis Fauna?

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
11 December 2014 14:42
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from psclamp
Having worked with the original Artemis, ie Artemis Fauna, I think she has made a completely valid point.

No, she didn't

She has no trademark/copyright whatever to the name.

nigel kent is off-line
11 December 2014 18:13
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
Avon
bath

Quote from ossies
Glad I don't hardly use this site anymore and feel so sorry for New people joining this site . There is more bullying and personal attacks by various members on here [ same hardcore group ] then any other site I have been on. The well known mouthy ones tend to pic argument nothing to do with a thread and obviously don't have a life I would never ask advice on here for the barrage of abuse or intimidation I would receive , Why peeps cannot be nice and just simply answer the question instead of picking a stupid argument . Apologies to a lot of nice peeps on here but spoiled by the ignoramuses who are allowed to get away with insulting people .. Mouthy ones , I await your abuse

A very big  +1
Probably the best thing i have read on here in a very long time.

theperfectgentleman is off-line
11 December 2014 23:04
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Quote from sirspread
A very big  +1
Probably the best thing i have read on here in a very long time.

I just popped in after a few weeks and skimmed this post and have to aggree with above.
My christian name is tom do I have to change it because there is another tog on this site named thomas?
Sums up the reason why I havent bothered with this site for the last few weeks.

HarryC is off-lineSilver Member
12 December 2014 08:57
HarryC
Photographer
HarryC
Bedfordshire
BEDFORD

Quote from theperfectgentleman
I just popped in after a few weeks and skimmed this post and have to aggree with above.
My christian name is tom do I have to change it because there is another tog on this site named thomas?
Sums up the reason why I havent bothered with this site for the last few weeks.

+1

Could not agree more!  My name is Harry but I don't have red hair and am not the brother to the future King.  I am sure anyone reading my profile would realise this!

The op's name is different in that the OP's name is just a single word where as the other is two words!  If people can’t read its hardly the OP’s fault!

Lets stop the bullying; the abuse and ridicule or this site will go the way of others in the past!

Harry (Not the red headed one!)

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 Katieann1
AaronKent Davidhunt dby47 Foxwellphoto George99 jccj1 Kjoservices nickdandalos Platidonio redbaron skymouse Spiritofwales stevegosh Thunder_Photos