marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from JadedRed
When I hear Artemis, I think of this one:

Sniggers

For me the first Artemis I always think of is:

No1 Artemis

But I'm pretty sure I'm unlikely to confuse her with any other Artemis.

And TBH if I was the type of person to be easily offended I'd not be terribly appreciative of any model who suggested I might be so stupid as to confuse models regardless of how similar their monikers were! Are photographers really as daft as you guys imply?

20 September 2014 15:08
JadedRed
Model

Quote from marlhamphoto
Sniggers

For me the first Artemis I always think of is:

No1 Artemis

But I'm pretty sure I'm unlikely to confuse her with any other Artemis.

And TBH if I was the type of person to be easily offended I'd not be terribly appreciative of any model who suggested I might be so stupid as to confuse models regardless of how similar their monikers were! Are photographers really as daft as you guys imply?

Ah yes, I know her, I feel like she might actually be trying to decieve people in thinking she's a different Artemis though:

20 September 2014 15:16
JadedRed
Model

When I started modelling I was aware there were a lot of page 3 models called Jade also, but I managed to distinguish myself from them by not always following my name with my age and location.

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
21 September 2014 02:15
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from Bob
How on earth are they going to do that Pentti, without keeping out just about everyone who is not currently a member?

Bob (just Bob, not JustBob)

That was kinda my point

Amber West is off-line
21 September 2014 09:03
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

If you are that precious about your name - COPYRIGHT IT. It's not hard to do (might cost a few bob, mind). Sorry, to hear this is causing problems, but Artemis (who started the thread) has done nothing wrong. If someone is so bloody stupid to book you believing you are the same person, then you probably don't want a booking with them anyway! (I only want to be booked by someone who had genuinely looks at my profile).

CSD Images is off-line
21 September 2014 09:49
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

Quote from Amber6
If you are that precious about your name - COPYRIGHT IT.

Just a FYI you can't copyright a name, you can trademark it but the requirements are rather stringent:

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-about/t-whatis.htm

Copyright is something completely different.

www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

Amber West is off-line
21 September 2014 09:50
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Quote from CSD_Images
Just a FYI you can't copyright a name, you can trademark it but the requirements are rather stringent:

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-about/t-whatis.htm

Copyright is something completely different.

My apologies - not my expertise, and I should not have been so rash as to suggest that.

A Woman At Work is off-lineGold Member
21 September 2014 14:10
awomanatwork
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
awomanatwork
Glasgow
Birmingham / Manchester / Glasgow

Where exactly is the confusion ... one model is called Artemis and the other is called ArtemisFauna,
I've worked with loads of models with the same first name - none of them have ever hinted, mentioned or criticised another for using the same first name. I find this deviation from the OP initial request about rates extremely weird.

HowardJ is off-line
21 September 2014 14:14
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from awomanatwork I find this deviation from the OP initial request about rates extremely weird.

That's the internet for you. Ain't it truly awesome!!

Chrissie Red is off-line
21 September 2014 14:36
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Have to admit I can see quite a few times when there would easily be a confusion.

Photographer 1 "Oh I was supposed to have a shoot with Artemis last week, but she didn't turn up"
Photographer 2 "Oh, I was going to book her but I might not bother now"

(Not saying either Artemis's are unprofessional and won't turn up but would you want somebody possibly bringing your name down unintentionally? its a bit risky if you ask me.

Or

Photographer 1 - "Had a great shoot with artemis last week, she's great"
Photographer 2 - "Cheers for the heads up, I might book her"

Or

Studio - "I have 3 spaces available with the wonderful Artemis next week"

(Most people will presume the studio is talking about Artemis Fauna because Artemis is what we all call her, most people won't know there is a new model also called artemis)

Nobody can force anybody to change their name but I do think it could lead to confusion between people - especially if they are unaware of another person going under the name of Artemis.

So it was a pretty valid point to bring up, something I genuinely thought would be a useful comment for a new model. I know if I had the same name as an already established model in this country I would attempt to change it immediately - out of embarrassment, then I would probably message the other model and apologise for the genuine error and explain it was a coincidence/no hard feelings. However new Artemis doesn't care and neither do quite a number of other members on here so its maybe just "me".

People did answer the OP = linking to a thread another new model asked about rates - if she had followed the link she would have found plenty of figures.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Tashaholz
alexcrawford Andrewlamb ansonphotography bbphotos Brian2008 Cheshunt83 claypaws cptkoi Don_Dark freddie iestyn lify nemesis Oberonfoto rkpix Rumple Spiritofwales TinDolls TonyNutley vicpics Willjamieson