Reminder Secure

Rates

20 September 2014 07:06
paule
Photographer

The name was available.. no one had a divine right over it's use.. though if they wanted to protect their IPO:
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm.htm

Google Artemis and it's a page full of everything Artemis..
Google ArtemisFauna and it's a much more direct result..

Artemis is off-line
20 September 2014 08:49
artemis
Model
artemis
Tyne and Wear

As already stated, this was not remotely my first choice of name. It came up as available and I obviously had no idea some other person was using same name.

The photographers should be given credit as I'm sure not one of them would book someone without looking at the profile first!

It's their time and money and they will book the person who has the look they want for the shoot. Even if every girl on the site had the same name they will contact the one they want.

To say they would book without looking at portfolios and distance of the model and messaging them first is insulting.

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
20 September 2014 09:00
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from artemis
As already stated, this was not remotely my first choice of name. It came up as available and I obviously had no idea some other person was using same name. The photographers should be given credit as I'm sure not one of them would book someone without looking at the profile first! It's their time and money and they will book the person who has the look they want for the shoot. Even if every girl on the site had the same name they will contact the one they want. To say they would book without looking at portfolios and distance of the model and messaging them first is insulting.

Exactly, well said.
How hard can it be?

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
20 September 2014 10:35
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from EllaRose
I'm with ArtemisFauna on this. It is incredibly irritating having numerous models choose similar or near-identical names (whether deliberately or not

You have to contact site admins about this, so they can create a system that won't accept names that are close to something that is already in use.

Until such a change happens you have to just suck it up.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
20 September 2014 12:01
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from PHP_Photography
create a system that won't accept names that are close to something that is already in use.

How on earth are they going to do that Pentti, without keeping out just about everyone who is not currently a member?

Take my name for example. You can't get much closer to Bob than BobB, BobF, BobH, BobN, BobW, BobX and Bobz, who all joined after me but under your suggestion they would not have been able to choose these names. And that's only the 4-letter usernames. Add a 5th or 6th letter and the list of close names grows drastically.

If Artemis had signed up as something like, say, ArtemisFlora or ArtymissFawn I could accept that ArtemisFawna would have grounds to complain as that would suggest passing-off or malicious intent, but I don't really think any of us has grounds to complain if somebody else innocently picks a name similar to ours.

As far as model names go, where using one's real name can be problematic and a made up name needs to be chosen, there is probably even more chance of similarity than when we pick our actual name.

When HoneyB, who has been on the scene for close on ten years, picked her model name I bet she thought she was being original (though she wasn't original as another model called HoneyB preceded her on another site where I think they both started out) but probably Honey_B, Honeybee, Honeybeez and the other models with Honeyb... username variants probably though they were being original too. I doubt any of those Honeyz (ooops there's another one that's close to HoneyB) deliberately set out to copy the one and only HoneyB on here, but no doubt some numpty who hasn't done their homework may well have picked the wrong Honey though that is the fault of the person doing the picking rather than being the fault of either the person they picked or the system.

Bob (just Bob, not JustBob)

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
20 September 2014 12:06
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Funny, I thought the title of this thread was Rates.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
20 September 2014 12:07
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from magpie1
Funny, I thought the title of this thread was Rates.

It was ... but it got threadjacked within the hour.
It's a t'internet thing.
Bob

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
20 September 2014 12:26
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Wonder where we'ed end up with a thread titled "Goddess of the Hunt and virginity"?

20 September 2014 12:27
thestarglider
Photographer
This member has been suspended

You guys crack me up. Talk about arguing a small matter to death! A classic Purestorm thread situation!

Let it go! life's too short!

20 September 2014 12:29
JadedRed
Model

When I hear Artemis, I think of this one:

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
csk_photography Studio1