Chrissie Red is off-line
17 September 2014 05:26
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from tonycsm
Judging by all the anti-Westminster propaganda and hatred being pumped out by many of the YES campaigners, it's understandable that we 'down here' get the wrong  impression!
They've turned it into an emotive referendum which suits the SNP as they have failed miserably and dare I say it deliberately, to produce verifiable costings of just how much their White Paper promises and independence will ultimately cost the Scottish taxpayer once the dust has settled!  

It's got nothing at all to do with hatred being pumped out of any campaign. Although I have to admit no matter what side you are on yes/no there aren't many people up here who actually have much trust in the current goverment.

If people (in both countries) looked past Chrissie_Red is a naughty person ty newspapers with catchy headlines they would maybe understand a bit more about the situation.

click_gotcha is off-line
17 September 2014 06:03
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Statement from the Scottish Police Federation

http://www.spf.org.uk/2014/09/spf-media-release-independence-referendum-2/

SCOTTISH POLICE FEDERATION
5 Woodside Place, Glasgow, G3 7QF

MEDIA RELEASE

The Scottish Police Federation represents all police officers in the ranks of constable, sergeant, inspector and chief inspector, police cadets and special constables, over 18,500 people, 98% of all police officers in Scotland.

To: News Editor
Date: 17 September 2014
Subject: Independence Referendum

In response to increased press reports and comment implying increased crime and disorder as a consequence of the Independence Referendum Brian Docherty, Chairman of the Scottish Police Federation said;

“The Police Service of Scotland and the men and women who work in it should not be used as a political football at any time and especially so in these last few hours of the referendum campaign.

As I have previously stated the referendum debate has been robust but overwhelmingly good natured.

It was inevitable that the closer we came to the 18th of September passions would increase but that does not justify the exaggerated rhetoric that is being deployed with increased frequency. Any neutral observer could be led to believe Scotland is on the verge of societal disintegration yet nothing could be further from the truth.

Scotland’s citizens are overwhelmingly law abiding and tolerant and it is preposterous to imply that by placing a cross in a box, our citizens will suddenly abandon the personal virtues and values held dear to them all.

At this time it is more important than ever that individuals be they politicians, journalists or whoever should carefully consider their words, maintain level heads and act with respect. Respect is not demonstrated by suggesting a minority of mindless idiots are representative of anything. One of the many joys of this campaign has been how it has awakened political awareness across almost every single section of society. The success enjoyed by the many should not be sullied by the actions of the few.

Police officers must be kept free from the distractions of rhetoric better suited to the playground that the political stump. If crime has been committed it will be investigated and dealt with appropriately but quite simply police officers have better things to do that officiate in spats on social media and respond to baseless speculation of the potential for disorder on and following polling day”

ENDS

For further information contact Lesley Stevenson at 5 Woodside Place, Glasgow, G3 7QF Telephone: 0141 332 5234 Mobile: 07967 104173 Fax: 0141 331 2436
Email: lesley.stevenson@spf.org.uk

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
17 September 2014 06:14
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Some of my concerns about the tactics of SNP , especially Salmond, as leader is that most of the tactic is to railroad through a Yes based on emotion and 'idealism'. It dates me, but Andy Stewart delivering "Scottish Soldier" looms large in my mind. The actual hard reality is being kept well suppressed, a great example was the supposed, by Salmond, 'leaking' of the information by the Treasury, about currency etc. at the subsequent press conference Salmond deftly used the old magicians ploy of misdirection, where he droned on about referring the "disgraceful" breach of confidentiality, demanding an explanation, enquiry etc. all diverting attention from the factual content of the information, which was pretty dire for the Scottish economy.
The amount of "let's just say Yes now" and we can sort out the details later is utterly dishonest, the actualities and realities are not 'details' they are the crux of the matter, not bagpipers on misty hills.

click_gotcha is off-line
17 September 2014 06:16
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from magpie1
Some of my concerns about the tactics of SNP , especially Salmond, as leader is that most of the tactic is to railroad through a Yes based on emotion and 'idealism'. It dates me, but Andy Stewart delivering "Scottish Soldier" looms large in my mind. The actual hard reality is being kept well suppressed, a great example was the supposed, by Salmond, 'leaking' of the information by the Treasury, about currency etc. at the subsequent press conference Salmond deftly used the old magicians ploy of misdirection, where he droned on about referring the "disgraceful" breach of confidentiality, demanding an explanation, enquiry etc. all diverting attention from the factual content of the information, which was pretty dire for the Scottish economy. The amount of "let's just say Yes now" and we can sort out the details later is utterly dishonest, the actualities and realities are not 'details' they are the crux of the matter, not bagpipers on misty hills.

If you think the yes campaign has been about bagpipers on misty hills you haven't really been paying attention.

17 September 2014 06:29
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

"Details" such as will Scotland be allowed into the EEC ? Will they have to adopt the euro? Immigration from EEC? Though Salmond appears to assume keeping the £ is a right, another minor detail ignored. Even if Scotland could have a Scottish pound it's not Uk pound, so can float more likely and £Scottish = ? against other currencies. Scottish defence? Postal service, the cost to send a letter to remote parts of Scotland is heavily subsidised, from overall postal revenue, what happens to that? Details, details, details but lets not worry about them until afterwards.

click_gotcha is off-line
17 September 2014 06:37
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from magpie1
"Details" such as will Scotland be allowed into the EEC ? Will they have to adopt the euro? Immigration from EEC? Though Salmond appears to assume keeping the £ is a right, another minor detail ignored. Even if Scotland could have a Scottish pound it's not Uk pound, so can float more likely and £Scottish = ? against other currencies. Scottish defence? Postal service, the cost to send a letter to remote parts of Scotland is heavily subsidised, from overall postal revenue, what happens to that? Details, details, details but lets not worry about them until afterwards.

Therer are pretty detailed answers to all of these if you looked hard enough. 

Tony Stephenson is off-line
17 September 2014 06:41
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from IainT
I am a Scot "down here" and I'm a Scot who would naturally vote no...if I was able to vote, which I am not...however the no campaign has been so condescending, peddled out much crap, as have the media (Daily Mail typical) that do you know what, if I had a vote I would vote yes just to put my middle finger up at them and many Scots feel the same. Thats the point, I believe, well I know the majority of Scots do not want to be independant from the UK, even Salmond did not want independance...he favoured a third option of a more powerful Scottish government, but still part of the UK, but Cameron would not sign off on it. The No campaign have done more to galvanise the Yes vote than the Yes people could ever do and if it is a Yes vote then Westminister and the English media will have done more to bring it about than anyone. Westminster and the media, particularly the Daily Mail WILL be responsible for breaking up the UK

Whatever the No campaigners were going to do or say, the SNP and hardline YES campaigners were going to turn everything into a negative and an 'us versus them ' argument with cries of scaremongering and bullying whenever reality checks were given so the NO campaigners were onto a loser from the start!

Having said that, the NO campaign has been pretty awful in putting their case for staying within the Union but irrespective of all the rhetoric from both sides, when it comes to voting tomorrow, I still believe voters will vote the way they planned to do months ago and it will only be the undecideds who may be influenced by the recent arguments from both sides.
www.le-femme.co.uk

Chrissie Red is off-line
17 September 2014 06:44
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I understand people wondering about answers.

I've yet to see any definite answers to what further devolution Scotland would get if a no vote goes though. Would love to know if the NHS budget up here is safe, would love to know if they have plans to either sell on or move the WMD which are up here because they are a colossal waste of money - money that would be much better spent on anything else. Would love to know if we will be getting dragged into any more wars that are none of our business. Will they start an oil fund in the way Norway has or continue to squander it on Chrissie_Red is a naughty person .

Have to admit, if I was a rational English/Welsh or Irish person I would be saying - "Its a bit sad that its come to all this, but I can see why you are wanting this change. Good luck to you and hope it goes well" instead of the "haha you are a stupid joke of a country, can't wait to see you fail" - its really quite sad :-(

Jack Taylor is off-line
17 September 2014 06:45
JTD
Photographer

South Yorkshire
West Riding

I agree totally with Iain T on this. As an outsider looking in I think that every time Westminster members open their mouths they encourage the yes vote. In my opinion a union of equals based on the missing third option was the ideal solution but the arrogance of politicians said no to that. This situation is the gravest thing to hit the UK since WW2 and possibly beyond yet Westminster has just not taken it seriously. Darling went on at Salmond about not having a plan B over currency yet it appears that Westminster does not even have a plan B for what happens next if the yes vote is carried. It is appalling misjudgement by Cameron and if the yes vote goes through then Cameron must go.

17 September 2014 06:48
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

No there aren't because any, 'plans,' are just that, the EEC, for example the Scottish 'plans' have not encountered the hard reality of actuality, Salmond has not negotiated anything, what, if anything will actually be the outcome of negotiations is completely unknown.

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Jessicaliu1993 natpenelope Natural_happy_girl SuzyMonty
antoinewynn bayford dby47 Don_Dark edwards ImageStyle mlp PhilStorm pvfb scott24 smphotographic stuartnoo Thunder_Photos totalpics TROY4
harbourstudio