Reminder Secure

scottish referendum

Jonathan is off-line
16 September 2014 14:33
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

I am sorry if I have missed the point of this thread but if I haven't then I think that Scotland will vote for independence and the majority vote will be 70 % with 30 % saying no.

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Tony Stephenson is off-line
16 September 2014 20:00
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from SandyCamel
I am sorry if I have missed the point of this thread but if I haven't then I think that Scotland will vote for independence and the majority vote will be 70 % with 30 % saying no.

Let's hope it is a large majority because if the vote is tight, it's going to leave a very split nation no matter which way the vote goes!
www.le-femme.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
17 September 2014 02:24
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from tonycsm
Let's hope it is a large majority because if the vote is tight, it's going to leave a very split nation no matter which way the vote goes!

Looking at the cover of the Daily Mail you can see it will indeed turn pretty ugly which ever way it goes.  It wouldn't surprise me if it turns into another Northern Ireland of the '70s:

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Chrissie Red is off-line
17 September 2014 02:54
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from RedChecker
Looking at the cover of the Daily Mail you can see it will indeed turn pretty ugly which ever way it goes.  It wouldn't surprise me if it turns into another Northern Ireland of the '70s:

Do you guys down south genuinely trust the daily mail?

If you do then Scotlandland is a whole lot different to some of our neighbours. Ofcourse don't take somebody who actually lives in Scotlands word for it - Daily mail will keep you up to date with all the goings on. I seen a yes sign broken, wiith "no thanks"  stickers on it - doesn't mean I think people are going to start physically fighting and chucking haggis at each other it just means some little idiot thought it would be funny to vandalise a sign. I've seen more violence at football matches than any of the gatherings of voters (who often do stand side by side campaigning).

Like I said though - daily mail said it so it must be right. If anything its just stirring up anger in people. 

Tony Stephenson is off-line
17 September 2014 03:18
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Do you guys down south genuinely trust the daily mail?

If you do then Scotlandland is a whole lot different to some of our neighbours. Ofcourse don't take somebody who actually lives in Scotlands word for it - Daily mail will keep you up to date with all the goings on. I seen a yes sign broken, wiith "no thanks"  stickers on it - doesn't mean I think people are going to start physically fighting and chucking haggis at each other it just means some little idiot thought it would be funny to vandalise a sign. I've seen more violence at football matches than any of the gatherings of voters (who often do stand side by side campaigning).

Like I said though - daily mail said it so it must be right. If anything its just stirring up anger in people. 

Judging by all the anti-Westminster propaganda and hatred being pumped out by many of the YES campaigners, it's understandable that we 'down here' get the wrong  impression!
They've turned it into an emotive referendum which suits the SNP as they have failed miserably and dare I say it deliberately, to produce verifiable costings of just how much their White Paper promises and independence will ultimately cost the Scottish taxpayer once the dust has settled!  
www.le-femme.co.uk

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
17 September 2014 03:33
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from tonycsm
Judging by all the anti-Westminster propaganda and hatred being pumped out by many of the YES campaigners, it's understandable that we 'down here' get the wrong  impression!

They've turned it into an emotive referendum which suits the SNP as they have failed miserably and dare I say it deliberately, to produce verifiable costings of just how much their White Paper promises and independence will ultimately cost the Scottish taxpayer once the dust has settled!  

I am a Scot "down here" and I'm a Scot who would naturally vote no...if I was able to vote, which I am not...however the no campaign has been so condescending, peddled out much crap, as have the media (Daily Mail typical) that do you know what, if I had a vote I would vote yes just to put my middle finger up at them and many Scots feel the same.

Thats the point, I believe, well I know the majority of Scots do not want to be independant from the UK, even Salmond did not want independance...he favoured a third option of a more powerful Scottish government, but still part of the UK, but Cameron would not sign off on it.

The No campaign have done more to galvanise the Yes vote than the Yes people could ever do and if it is a Yes vote then Westminister and the English media will have done more to bring it about than anyone. Westminster and the media, particularly the Daily Mail WILL be responsible for breaking up the UK
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
17 September 2014 03:53
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from IainT
even Salmond did not want independance...he favoured a third option of a more powerful Scottish government, but still part of the UK, but Cameron would not sign off on it.

Thank God Cameron wouldn't.  Scotland already gets more per head spent on it and arguably more power/control than anyone else, so what makes it so special it should get even more money/power?   I'd have been seriously RedChecker is a naughty person ed off if they were given Devomax at my (and everyone else in the rest of the UK's expense) and certainly if I were a Welshman I'd feel utterly cheated by such a gesture (and thus causing more trouble ahead).

It also irks me that they (Scotish people as a whole) feel that they're the only ones suffering with so-called austerity (I've heard a lot on TV with Scots saying they feel persecuted by Westminster as a result).  Many people across the whole of the UK are suffering in one way or another but are just getting on with it as best they can, and anyone with any intelligence would understand there's little this (or any other) government can do when finances are up the spout like it is.

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Profile Pictures is off-line
17 September 2014 04:37
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'm sat between Edinburgh and Glasgow now, and have followed the debates closely for a while, my parents live near john O groats and I'm a fan of Scotland in a big way. My feeling is that, if not immediately, then in time, Scotland will be stronger and more prosperous than now - it has the resources, the space, intelligence and attitude to be better than as a sub branch of uk. A yes would lead to elections which would ensure the appointed leaders were those the scots trust and I don't see all the scaremongering being sustained once we have a new trading nation attached to England. My feeling is the scots would show us another, more European and modern way - we need that.

In any case, let's hope a form of agreeable unity continues whichever way the vote goes and I wish Scotland the very best for its future.

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
17 September 2014 04:41
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from RedChecker
Thank God Cameron wouldn't.  Scotland already gets more per head spent on it and arguably more power/control than anyone else, so what makes it so special it should get even more money/power?   I'd have been seriously IainT is a naughty person ed off if they were given Devomax at my (and everyone else in the rest of the UK's expense) and certainly if I were a Welshman I'd feel utterly cheated by such a gesture (and thus causing more trouble ahead).

It also irks me that they (Scotish people as a whole) feel that they're the only ones suffering with so-called austerity (I've heard a lot on TV with Scots saying they feel persecuted by Westminster as a result).  Many people across the whole of the UK are suffering in one way or another but are just getting on with it as best they can, and anyone with any intelligence would understand there's little this (or any other) government can do when finances are up the spout like it is.

The above is just typical rhetoric which has been implanted in your brain by the media and Westminster, but just because they have had the resources to plant all the nonsense as fact in the brains of the gullable, it doesn't make it true.

Don't you think if Scotland was a drain on resources and a pain in the ass to the UK government they would simply be waving bye-bye with a sigh of relief?

The reason all the main parties are IainT is a naughty person ting themselves now is because they realise they have cocked up, taken a no vote for granted and are now in serious danger of losing Scotland. All the big guns have been glad handing in Scotland and virtually bending over and saying do anything you want, have anything you want, do me up the ass if you want, but please stay.

Why? because the UK would suffer hugely financially if Scotland left...the main parties know this and have always known it but rather than be truthfull and sensible, they chose to be lying and condescending. Scotland will be fine, probably better off as an Independant country, but the rest of the UK will not.

The bottom line is that all this could have been avoided, its been clear from the start that the vast majority in Scotland do not wish to leave the UK, but the No campaign is in serious danger of snatching defeat from the jaws of an easy victory.

All the No campaign really had to do was keep quiet and say "let the people decide" and they would have won for sure, instead they did everything they could to drive voters to the Yes camp.

If I thought that Politicians and the media were actually smart enough to do it, I would almost say its reverse psychology...maybe Westminster really do want rid of Scotland.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

click_gotcha is off-line
17 September 2014 04:48
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from RedChecker

Not like the Daily Mail to stir things, eh?

On the whole this campaign has been an example of democracy in action.  Thousands of people have become engaged in politics because of it.  One thing is for sure, no matter the result Scotland will never be the same again.

BTW Milliband getting jostled in Edinburgh was because of a media frenzy, nothing else, to portray it as an attack on democracy as the Daily Mail has is just plain disgraceful.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin dadshouse12 fashion29 Krystald RedXXX toxicinnocence
ad360photo alanbassettphotography alexo antoinewynn bilingbo dbphoto djb1 eosfan Essexjohn freddie GSC4X kimsandman2 Kjoservices liteangle mlp oro pafriend peteb redbaron rscott360 RUPERT sniffer Steveh32 Willjamieson