Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
27 September 2014 14:21
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Chrissie_Red
This thread is hilarious on so many different levels - Nice one guys

Some of the stuff i,ve read on this and other forums......i,m in Scotland just now and the vibe i,m getting is that there are more than a few no voters now wishing they had voted yes. So many lies, so many manipulated figures, so many half truths...
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 September 2014 14:27
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from IainT
Some of the stuff i,ve read on this and other forums......i,m in Scotland just now and the vibe i,m getting is that there are more than a few no voters now wishing they had voted yes. So many lies, so many manipulated figures, so many half truths...

Are you trying to say they honestly expected things to change literally overnight?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
28 September 2014 04:31
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from RedChecker
Are you trying to say they honestly expected things to change literally overnight?

What I see is real, genuine despair amongst the yes voters, particularly the younger ones and no sense of victory amongst the no,s.

I think one of the main reasons a no vote was returned was because there was some (mistaken obviously) impression that a yes vote would make scotland independant overnight and would cause problems over currency, the euro etc, etc. When in reality there would be several years to sort these issues.

So, most people who thought about it would realise there would be gradual change, the problem is a lot of people didn,t actually think about it and were influenced by the scaremongering by the UK Government and press. One thing that has become clear to anyone who has the intelligence to see beyond the bullIainT is a naughty person is that the UK establishment were literally IainT is a naughty person ting themselves about the prospect of a No result which makes it abundantly clear that losing scotland would really IainT is a naughty person the UK financially.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

diipii is off-line
28 September 2014 05:27
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Exactly why did Scotland want the referendum ?
It only happens all the time.

28 September 2014 05:41
Jackass
Photographer

Why the surprise about calls for yet another referendum? There was all the signs from so many of the Yes voters that they would not accept a No vote and that the fight would continue, and to Hell with democracy. Given the financial damage that this continuing Yes/No saga will be doing to the "UK" as a whole, particularly due to potential investors being put off due to the uncertainty of whether or not there will actually be a "UK" in the foreseeable future - I think it's time someone asked the English what they wanted. I daresay there'll be more than a few who are heartily sick of hearing the Scottish whining and decide to go it alone.

Historically, the Scots have never got on with each other, and have always had the English to use as a rallying focus point - after all, the English have oppressed the Scots for centuries, my 9 year old Dundee based Scottish nephew told me a while back. Apparently his teacher told him so it must be true. When they're "free" from oppression they may well find that having isn't half as much fun as wanting - especially when the oil runs out, as it will.

Personally I don't much care either way, as our plan is to retire to Australia, but if the message that "Better Together" hasn't sunk in after 300 odd years then it probably never will. It's not entirely fanciful to see a split right down the middle of Scotland that neither side will be able to overcome, and the damage that the SNP and the odious Salmond and Sturgeon partnership has caused will last for generations to come.

Scotland leaving the UK is inevitable unless the one-trick-pony SNP is stopped by the voters of Scotland. Once that happens, don't expect a political party who have openly said that they won't allow democracy to get in the way of their aims to relinquish power. Scotland in or out, either way there is turmoil ahead for the UK for many many years.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

28 September 2014 05:53
Jackass
Photographer

And as for Salmond's argument that Scotland is being forced to endure a Conservative government - let's not forget the years of financial mismanagement inflicted on England that a Scottish backed Labour administration caused - led primarily by Scottish MP's enforcing THEIR minority government on the UK. Conveniently never mentioned.

click_gotcha is off-line
28 September 2014 09:40
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from Jackass
And as for Salmond's argument that Scotland is being forced to endure a Conservative government - let's not forget the years of financial mismanagement inflicted on England that a Scottish backed Labour administration caused - led primarily by Scottish MP's enforcing THEIR minority government on the UK. Conveniently never mentioned.

What a load of nonsense.

28 September 2014 10:15
Jackass
Photographer

How you can call it nonsense is typical of the Scottish Yes psyche.

"New" Labour achieved power in 1997 due to the number of seats it won in Scotland, without those seats, the Conservatives would have had a small working majority. "New" Labour was led by Scots in the main, and what an unholy mess they created, and it didn't seem to worry the Scottish "New" Labour MP's that the gap between rich and poor actually widened in their years of power. Who raided the pension pot in the late 90's? Who sold off much of our gold reserves at knock down prices in the 90's? Who created unprecedented taxation and blew the lot, ensuring there was no reserves for the rainy day that eventually came? Tell you what, it wasn't the English.

The biggest load of nonsense is that there are a number of Scots who think they are entitled to take ever more out when person per person they already take more than the Welsh, Northern Irish or English, and the notion that they put more in than anyone else is laughable.

The biggest legacy that Salmond and his one-trick-pony SNP has given the UK is divisiveness, his antics have polarised a lot of people's thinking both sides of the border and created only strife. The shame is that England and Scotland are natural allies in the modern world, and the idea that either country would be better off without the other is a nonsense.

click_gotcha is off-line
28 September 2014 10:33
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from Jackass
How you can call it nonsense is typical of the Scottish Yes psyche. "New" Labour achieved power in 1997 due to the number of seats it won in Scotland, without those seats, the Conservatives would have had a small working majority. .

Simply not true, without Scottish MPs New Labour would still have had a majority.

Chrissie Red is off-line
28 September 2014 11:31
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from Jackass
 and the idea that either country would be better off without the other is a nonsense.

*smacks head off desk*

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
carinasl Just_janine kamazoo missminiskirt PrettyDiamond RISelene rob452 Zhiying
andrewmoon beaverray bob22 Dave@studio99 Don_Dark fannmore frankpht James7799 Jse_photography Lenz Manchestertog1 photomart quercus rscott360