scottish referendum

click_gotcha is off-line
25 September 2014 09:15
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from tonycsm
Seems like the SNP and YES supporters only support democracy if it favours their views and will keep lobbying for further referendums until they get the result they want which is quite frankly, an insult to those majority voters who don't want independence for Scotland.
I'll wager if the referendum had reverse voting results whereby the YES campaigners won by the same margin, the SNP wouldn't give the NO campaigners any thought for any further referendums whatsoever!

What you, the YES voters, the SNP  and Salmond are supporting by not accepting the results of the referendum is an insult to the word democracy so please don't insult other people's views just because they don't agree with your agenda!

Tony, I totally accept the results of the referendum.

That doesn't mean we just give up our beliefs, we will continue campaigning and hopefully we will eventually persuade enough people to support us.   That's the way democracy works.

Tony Stephenson is off-line
25 September 2014 09:45
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from click_gotcha
Tony, I totally accept the results of the referendum.

That doesn't mean we just give up our beliefs, we will continue campaigning and hopefully we will eventually persuade enough people to support us.   That's the way democracy works.

I'm certainly not against reasoned persuasion with supporting evidence to back up beliefs but you've already had a fully blown referendum with several years in which to prepare your case and the result was that the majority weren't in favour of independence - so what happens if the next referendum again turns up a vote for staying in the Union, do you simply keep having yet more referendums until one comes up with the Nationalists just scraping over the line.... because that's the way it seems to be heading?

www.le-femme.co.uk

DJ200 is off-line
25 September 2014 09:57
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Hertfordshire

Quote from tonycsm
I'll wager if the referendum had reverse voting results whereby the YES campaigners won by the same margin, the SNP wouldn't give the NO campaigners any thought for any further referendums whatsoever!

Which is the exact point that I was making in my post.

click_gotcha is off-line
25 September 2014 09:59
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from tonycsm
I'm certainly not against reasoned persuasion with supporting evidence to back up beliefs but you've already had a fully blown referendum with several years in which to prepare your case and the result was that the majority weren't in favour of independence - so what happens if the next referendum again turns up a vote for staying in the Union, do you simply keep having yet more referendums until one comes up with the Nationalists just scraping over the line.... because that's the way it seems to be heading?

We can't just keep having referendums without a mandate to do so.  If the SNP put it in their manifesto then people can vote against them.  But if people vote for them then the mandate exists.  There are a couple of scenarios right now that justify another referendum

1. If the promised new powers don't come.

2. If an in/out EU takes us out the EU and Scotland votes overwelmngly to stay in the EU.

DJ200 is off-line
25 September 2014 10:05
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Hertfordshire

As Scotland remains part of the UK, how would they get a separate voice on whether they want to be in the E.U? As part of the UK, they would surely have to follow what the majority of the UK vote for?

As has been said, they had their referendum, the majority voted to remain in the UK..end of story I assumed.

Paul Hodson is off-line
25 September 2014 11:02
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from DJ200

As has been said, they had their referendum, the majority voted to remain in the UK..end of story I assumed.

Look - if I ask you a question and get the wrong answer - I'll ask you again and again until you learn!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
25 September 2014 11:10
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

LOL
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

DJ200 is off-line
25 September 2014 11:48
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Hertfordshire

Lol..yep..that seems about right.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
25 September 2014 12:22
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

It was always best out of 3 wasn't it? The truly disgusting bit of Salmond's post event performances have been the total negation of any language of reconciliation or acceptance of the decision. Salmond's rhetoric, prior to the result was "for a generation" or a " lifetime" but that was, of course, only if the result was in his favour, subsequently, the result, in Salmond's term is "for now".
The best, for Scotland's and the rest of us is for Salmond and his arrogance to be ignored henceforth.

Chrissie Red is off-line
26 September 2014 15:53
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

This thread is hilarious on so many different levels - Nice one guys

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Michelledefeo1
andrewf casell cps dhuntuk Eyeful_Photography FlashHarry100 grahamsphotography gunnergraham Ianmcculloch keltica Kentrichuk Ladiesman love Mike103 moritz78 nemesis Platidonio powerbook92 rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 Willjamieson