Reminder Secure

scottish referendum

Anthonygh is off-line
18 September 2014 14:13
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from JTD
I’m not suggesting that they would migrate south. They could remain in Scotland the same as other Europeans do in the UK at present. It would just mean that the country would have 50% or so Scots with Scottish Passports and 50% Scots with British Passports. They would still all be Scots living in Scotland but some have the right to live in the UK and vote accordingly if the going gets tough and if they so wish.

That assumes the UK will grant passports to anyone in Scotland who asks. It might.....but more likely, that offer would cease the day Scotland became inderpendent.

Only Scots in the UK would be entitled to retain their UK passports...as they would be UK citizens by virtue of their residency. In any normal situation...if they have strong connections to Scotland one would expect the Scottish govt to grant them Scottish passports as well. Same with any UK citizens in Scotland.

But it is all theory at the moment....

Paul Hodson is off-line
18 September 2014 14:27
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from anthonyh
I mentioned that earlier...and that it is likely to be the more affluent Scots that choose to migrate south. And theoretically...if things will be as good as Salmond claims...poorer people should be planning to migrate north.frown

Yes - then he can tax the rich to help the poor

Oh hang on a minute....................... wink
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Jack Taylor is off-line
18 September 2014 14:35
JTD
Photographer

South Yorkshire
West Riding

Quote from anthonyh
That assumes the UK will grant passports to anyone in Scotland who asks. It might.....but more likely, that offer would cease the day Scotland became inderpendent.

Only Scots in the UK would be entitled to retain their UK passports...as they would be UK citizens by virtue of their residency. In any normal situation...if they have strong connections to Scotland one would expect the Scottish govt to grant them Scottish passports as well. Same with any UK citizens in Scotland.

But it is all theory at the moment....

I would not have thought that the British Government could strip someone of their nationality. My birth certificate and passport say I am British not English and I have a right to live in Great Britain regardless of whether it is bigger or smaller than it was at the time of my birth. I think that might come under Human Rights legislation.

click_gotcha is off-line
18 September 2014 15:31
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

The first exit poll results have been released from the Island of Tiree > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Apparently it's too close to Coll!!!!!

Anthonygh is off-line
18 September 2014 15:32
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from JTD
I would not have thought that the British Government could strip someone of their nationality. My birth certificate and passport say I am British not English and I have a right to live in Great Britain regardless of whether it is bigger or smaller than it was at the time of my birth. I think that might come under Human Rights legislation.

You could be right...who knows? Salmond doesn't. But not all Scots will have a British passport anymore than they will all have a driving licence.....so what would they do? What would the children of British passport holders do if they were born in Scotland to Scots? And if a nation goes it's own way there has to come a time when its citizens cannot keep dipping into any goodies the previous country might offer. Although the Irish probably think differently.

As an example...say UK pensions moved ahead of those in Scotland (or the other way round). It is hard to envisage a situation where one can 'opt' for the best deal. I have read that there are already complicated plans to split who pays a state pension post inderpendence if someone has worked in both countries.....but that sounds like an admin nightmare in the making....surprise

Anthonygh is off-line
18 September 2014 15:33
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from click_gotcha
The first exit poll results have been released from the Island of Tiree > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Apparently it's too close to Coll!!!!!

That would be illegal...no news entity is allowed to comment on the progress of a UK election until polling ends....

Andy is off-line
18 September 2014 15:47
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

trying to watch tv and can't hear it for the pipes playing here in Fife, i've laid my cards out but that may be a bit premature
lets get shootin

Andy is off-line
18 September 2014 15:49
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

a pearl of wisdom on the subject

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7VNQih51T0
lets get shootin

EdT is off-line
18 September 2014 15:53
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from anthonyh
That would be illegal...no news entity is allowed to comment on the progress of a UK election until polling ends....

Oh dear.

Read what he wrote

Andy is off-line
18 September 2014 16:39
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

one thing for sure is the lid is off and it wont go back on, regardless of which way it goes
lets get shootin

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa mandymack
bergstrom grahamsphotography rscott360