Tony Stephenson is off-line
17 September 2014 06:52
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from click_gotcha
The EU have said they will give an answer but can only give it to the member state ie the UK.

Don't you think that the answer would have been leaked by someone by now if it's already been given?

Scotland is only a member of the EU while it's part of the Union which holds membership.... an independent Scotland would NOT be part of the Union and therefore treated like any other state wishing to join the EU as a new member.

www.le-femme.co.uk

click_gotcha is off-line
17 September 2014 06:56
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from tonycsm
Don't you think that the answer would have been leaked by someone by now if it's already been given?

Scotland is only a member of the EU while it's part of the Union which holds membership.... an independent Scotland would NOT be part of the Union and therefore treated like any other state wishing to join the EU as a new member.

The answer hasn't been given because the UK government refused to ask the question.

As for the rest, that is your opinion, the reality remains to be seen.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
17 September 2014 08:55
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from click_gotcha
The answer hasn't been given because the UK government refused to ask the question.

As for the rest, that is your opinion, the reality remains to be seen.

This article, just published on the BBC reads as a 'no' from the Spanish to me, and it makes it clear in the article that Scotland would need Spain's approval to become a member.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

click_gotcha is off-line
17 September 2014 09:01
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from RedChecker
This article, just published on the BBC reads as a 'no' from the Spanish to me, and it makes it clear in the article that Scotland would need Spain's approval to become a member.

It reads like a scare story to me.   Scotland has the largest fishing stocks in the EU, some 20% of all EU fish stock.   Spain has the largest fishing fleet in the EU.   Scotland also has 60% of all oil in the EU.

Aye, they won't want us.

17 September 2014 09:05
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Spain doesn't care what Scotland has, it's more concerned about itself being split up and thus further weakening its position in both Europe and the world stage.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

click_gotcha is off-line
17 September 2014 09:54
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from RedChecker
Spain doesn't care what Scotland has, it's more concerned about itself being split up and thus further weakening its position in both Europe and the world stage.

And you think they'll sacrifice their fishing fleet for that?

17 September 2014 09:55
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from click_gotcha
And you think they'll sacrifice their fishing fleet for that?

Eh?

Simon Chan is off-line
17 September 2014 11:33
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from RedChecker
WMDs may seem a waste of money but they are an effective symbol of power and allow us to sit at the table with the big boys (namely the US, Russia and China), without them we wouldn't get a look in and our political influence around the world would be greatly diminished.

UK haven't been sitting on the tables with the big boys for a long while. Since the end of WW2 UK has been sitting on the laps of the US. I know the UK is suppose to be one of the 5 permanent vetoing power of the UN but how often does it vote against the US but do everything the US says. As long as the UK minus Scotland does everything the USofA says their position at the UN remains unchange.

Paul Hodson is off-line
17 September 2014 11:36
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

It will be interesting to see what happens if the details still to be worked out (like EU membership, currency, debt etc. etc.)are unacceptable to Salmon (in the event of a Yes vote)
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Andy is off-line
17 September 2014 13:17
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

right, since i started the thread it's time with hours to go to state my thinking
I was until two weeks ago a definate No vote, but having listened to the photostore is a naughty person e from the mouths of tory millionaires who's ass is now on the line, i am like Ian said, about to give them the big finger  and deliver my yes vote.

I figure if it is a no vote then we will pay the price rather than get all the non existant promises being spouted about just  now, basically "right we got you know take this you photostore is a naughty person s", so if i'm going to be getting photostore is a naughty person ed over in the coming years id rather it be by my own countrymen and not a bunch of Westminster mobsters.

as mentioned, if it is a yes vote its thanks to the stupid threesome 
lets get shootin

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura indiaxxx rob452 sacha4creative Sammi_1985
claypaws cliffc Darimages djb1 Einstein eosfan GlasgowPhotographer keltica Ladiesman Manchestertog1 MauricesImagery Robinsky rscott360 siclews Spiritofwales Steveh32