Neil Anderson is off-line
14 September 2014 09:32
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from anthonyh
 So she is a flat deaf person then, that he claims managed to slip by him  and lock herself in the loo while he was investigating the intruder in the loo. It is not a question of not knowing what the defence claimed...it is a question of not believing it.

As I said, there's little point in discussing a case which you aren't aware of the arguments set out in the case.
It would, of course, also be entirely pointless even if you had bothered to aquaint yourself with the case.
As with most court cases the jury, or in this case judges, will have heard many weeks of evidence, and you haven't even bothered to listen to the news reports or read the basic arguments of the case. So what is your opinion of something you have shown ignorance of worth ?

Listening to regular reports on radio 4 I wasn't particularly shocked at the result as the defence managed to raise serious doubts about some of the prosecution evidence, although his whining voice seemed enough reason to find him guilty of something.

Compare this with the phone hacking and corrupting a public official case where Rebecca Brooks was found not guilty, even though many of us had actually seen her admit that the paper paid police officers for tip offs. But because it was in front of a parliamentary select committee it was not admisable evidence (parliamentary privilege). Now she's trying to get the taxpayer to pay her £20 M costs
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul Hodson is off-line
14 September 2014 10:11
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from stolenfaces

Compare this with the phone hacking and corrupting a public official case where Rebecca Brooks was found not guilty, even though many of us had actually seen her admit that the paper paid police officers for tip offs. But because it was in front of a parliamentary select committee it was not admisable evidence (parliamentary privilege). Now she's trying to get the taxpayer to pay her £20 M costs

Although it didn't happen in this case, it is one of the weaknesses of the jury system that you cannot stop the jury taking account of supposedly inadmissible evidence. Nor indeed be sure of them listening to the evidence.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

OldMaster is off-line
14 September 2014 15:04
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Simply and after months the prosecution was still unable to prove premeditated murder but he has been done for culpable homicide.

Not the result many would have expected but we can not have trial by assumption?

Whatever happened he has to live with the guilt a part of which may be living with the biggest lies he has ever told? Nothing will bring back a beautiful woman in a flourishing career..an absolute tragedy.

Razoir is off-line
14 September 2014 15:15
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Thank god I'm known to "wander" about in the middle of the night. If I'm not in bed my hubby knows I'm probably sat on the kitchen floor snacking on toast or ice cream. If he hears a noise in the middle of the night its usually me falling over my slippers at the end of the bed or a cat knocking something over. We had a bat in our bedroom one night, I was awake and spotted it but wasn't sure what "it" was. I woke him up whilst I was terrified and screaming "theres something in the f£$king house" and he really did think we had a murderer standing at the door with a gun or knife.. Then when he fully woke up he was as terrified as me at the prospect of a bat being in the house. - We didn't kill the bat though.

Bat bat batties are so SWEEEEEET! Well done for not killing it when you were scared, though.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Chrissie Red is off-line
14 September 2014 16:47
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from JeromeRazoir
Bat bat batties are so SWEEEEEET! Well done for not killing it when you were scared, though.

Its because I'm not a murderer - my initial reaction was to hide under the covers, then it was to see what it was.

Then I googled how to safely get rid of it.

I don't have a gun but I'm guessing if I did that it wouldn't be my automatic reaction to grab it and start shooting...

14 September 2014 17:25
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from Chrissie_Red
I don't have a gun but I'm guessing if I did that it wouldn't be my automatic reaction to grab it and start shooting...

Well you live in safe old england, so it isn't. But if you lived somewhere violent where gun crime and ownership were commonplace and you'd grown up in that atmosphere, you'd most likely have a rather different view.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Chrissie Red is off-line
14 September 2014 17:27
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from Socialdisaster
Well you live in safe old england, so it isn't. But if you lived somewhere violent where gun crime and ownership were commonplace and you'd grown up in that atmosphere, you'd most likely have a rather different view.

I don't live in England..

I agree - might be quite different. I lock my door and have cats so something that moves in the night has always been a cat/bat or husband. 

Paul Hodson is off-line
14 September 2014 17:30
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I remember talking to a guy from Rhodesia (sic) many years ago who told me he woke up to find a (black) man using a fishing rod and line through his skylight to steal his trousers.

"Goodness," I said. " what did you do?"

"Shot him dead, of course," he replied.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

EdT is off-line
15 September 2014 08:13
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

One woman is killed by her partner every 8 hours in South Africa. Pity all those victims don't get the same attention.

Steve Guy is off-line
22 September 2014 14:01
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from EdT
One woman is killed by her partner every 8 hours in South Africa. Pity all those victims don't get the same attention.

It's about time she moved out then.

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
cgwebster colinpierce frankpht Kjoservices read steveh32