Is it just me....

Sapphire is off-lineSilver Member
09 September 2014 05:41
BlueSapphire
Model
BlueSapphire
South Yorkshire

Or is it my finger lol?

After having surgery on my finger 6 weeks ago and having to take a month off I have had no bookings
To the point where I havent even bothered to upgrade my portfolio
I had one shoot which i loved - great photographer - great location - great chat - and im really missing modelling

I dont know whether people have been put off but the scar is almost unnoticeable and finger works almost fine

But had 3 cancellations and no bookings

Just looking for some FRIENDLY advice lol please ladies

Should I re-upgrade my portfolio and pay out even though Im not getting as much work - or is it pointless - after 6 years modelling do people know what i look like enough and just not bothered about booking me? Ironically im in the best shape Ive ever been in and feel great - Ive found myself and what works for me as a model - and now its seems no one wants to book me which I feel is a shame.

Anyway just starting a bit of a general chat - have other girls struggled to come back after a little time off - have you had expereince of people being put off bookings after coming back after surgery?

Sapphire Blue - 10 Years of Modelling and still at it

Frank Sinnott is off-line
09 September 2014 06:16
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

I don't think you need to shell out on paying for a port upgrade. Maybe take out a paid subscription so you can put up a paid casting call. If you want to get paid work. Or put up a TFP casting for the better photographers on here. Either way a small scar on your finger will not be the cause of your lack of engagements.

I suspect this thread is shameless self promotion and why not. Though a paid subscription will allow you to cast for paid work. It'll be cheaper than a port upgrade as you don't really need one you look fantastic. You model well as can be seen from the existing port.

09 September 2014 12:05
BlueSapphire
Model
BlueSapphire
South Yorkshire

this isnt "shameless promotion" lol hence why i asked MODELS for advice and posted in the models advice topic I wasnt necessarily asking photographers for gratification as after 6 successful years I dont need that - Im just
saying that over last couple of months i havent had bookings and with bookings being slow is it worth UPGRADING SUBSCRIPTION
I have no need for TF I have hundreds of pics so im not interesting in upgrading my actual portfolio just the subscription on this site
How are others models finding it - do they think its worth having a paid subscription etc?

Amber West is off-line
09 September 2014 13:09
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

I do - Silver, and get a couple of shoots a month on average (though it comes and goes - some month nothing, and one month 6 shoots), but £3 a month isn't breaking my bank. Plus you can cancel whenever you like - not like some sites, where you have to pay for six months, etc. Plus allows you to do castings for paid work, which admittedly, I have not done in ages, but sometimes it's super useful.

I stopped getting the majority of my work from portfolio sites some time ago, but I like to keep a decent presence on the main ones as showcases my port, plus stuff does come up.

I have found it's been super busy in the last few months work wise, but this month not so much. However this is mainly down the the fact I was out of the country most of last month and slacking on my emails/promotion.

As for struggling a bit when you come back after time off, I also took about six weeks off this time last year due to personal issue. I didn't really have much of a problem, but I was lucky enough to be able to be quite focused when I was away, still messing about on twitter, answering emails, sussing out work ventures I had not had the time to check out before. I also did do a bunch of collaborations to get new photos and get them up asap (I'd been quite unhappy before I left, and not really shooting much anyway), just to give people something new to look at/realise I hadn't grown a second head. Not suggesting that you do that, but that is what I did.

HowardJ is off-line
09 September 2014 13:21
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I think it's just a bit quiet.

I did read something about you having hurt your hand but I don't think it would put people off working with you. I guess you could upload a PIC of the scar and that may put people's minds at ease.

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
10 September 2014 03:23
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

PM sent.....

10 September 2014 05:44
cardiff_tog2005
Photographer

You look amazing ! I'd book you in a second if I didnt live in the middle of no where

10 September 2014 11:09
BlueSapphire
Model
BlueSapphire
South Yorkshire

Thank you for the messages photographers
Thats always great to hear thank you xx

And thank you Amber - thats useful to know
I had a look a girls in my area and theres very few who seem to pay for an upgrade so mi might just go with silver thank you

Amber West is off-line
10 September 2014 12:27
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Awesome. It apparently also puts you up higher in the search results. I just do it it as gives me more freedom(works out like 10p a day). I was also very lucky when I joined Model Mayhem as it was back when it allowed 20 photos (think it's only 10 photos now).  I just find it good to have some sort of presence on the portfolio sites.

Anyway, you're fab, probably pick up when people realise you are back working!

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs ElleLaura kacie QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez skykantara1
ad360photo asnphotography Bane711 BOBREEVES dave2008 davejohn fineprint hylander IanHighlander Ianparker1 Jpdo jyp Kjoservices liteangle moritz78 oscar pmeswani redbaron Swyftie thelook Thestarglider tms tonyjolley