Reminder Secure

LOCATION MAP U.K.

GRAHAM HICKMAN is off-line
05 September 2014 07:36
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer

Shropshire
TELFORD

I often get replies from models enquiring about castings and other work. Geography in some cases does not appear to be a strong point. Travel is now an expensive part of the shoot. A map showing where the photographer is based would help them see whether a shoot is worth pursuing. The I.T. guys should be able to add this to the PS Menu.

marlham is off-line
05 September 2014 07:58
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from IRONBLOKEMAN
I often get replies from models enquiring about castings and other work. Geography in some cases does not appear to be a strong point. Travel is now an expensive part of the shoot. A map showing where the photographer is based would help them see whether a shoot is worth pursuing. The I.T. guys should be able to add this to the PS Menu.

1. Travel isn't necessarily expensive particularly if booked ahead and travelling by coach. Often it's surprisingly cheap particularly between major towns and cities.
2. For many young people the availability of a map still won't give them an appreciation of the locations and distances involved.
3. Sites such as AA routefinder already exist and will give detailed directions, distances and travel times between locations if travelling by road. Similarly Network Rail Enquiries provides all necessary information if travelling by train.

Just because you get responses from people seemingly too far away don't assume they're not prepared to travel or that the cost will be prohibitive.

05 September 2014 08:04
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Giving someone who ignoring the name of the place a map, isn't going to help, it's just another thing to ignore.

Also, caps don't make you look more important, just saying.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Chrissie Red is off-line
05 September 2014 09:19
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Google maps always worked fine for me

I also use the street view the morning before shoots so I know what the outside of the building I'm going to looks like.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
05 September 2014 09:51
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

While this site could do with a few refinements to bring it back up to date I'm not convinced this will work in practice. For a start a lot of models and photographers are wary about giving out there home address to all and sundry.

In the case of models for fear of the odd fruitcakes who reside on sites like this and for photographers a desire not to hint at where a stockpile of expensive goodies is to be had or, in the case of location shoots giving away their secret spots that took time to find.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

louise pearce is off-linePlatinum Member
05 September 2014 13:53
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

It doesnt take much to google the location, just a little common sense . If the model can't do that then there really isnt a lot of hope for them !

Wilts Imaging is off-line
07 September 2014 02:49
Mazza1967
Photographer
Mazza1967
Wiltshire

In my experience most the models I work with are pretty savvy about travel and distance and use google and other map apps far better than me !!!

marlham is off-line
07 September 2014 02:56
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Mazza1967
In my experience most the models I work with are pretty savvy about travel and distance and use google and other map apps far better than me !!!

Mine too.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
07 September 2014 06:49
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from IRONBLOKEMAN
A map showing where the photographer is based would help them see whether a shoot is worth pursuing.

Don't be a SillyBilly! Most models worth working with will be sufficiently clued-up and able to work out for themselves where you are and whether or not it is going to be worth their time and expense travelling to you. Anyway, those girls who wear £o££les (i.e. the mawdull equivalent of the beer goggles which affect the eyesight of many guys on a Friday or Saturday night) will ignore everything but the word Paid/Payed if there is even a hint that financial reward is involved, so giving them a map will be about as much use as a submarine in the Sahara.
Bob

Ron Williams is off-lineSilver Member
09 September 2014 05:07
RonA
Photographer
RonA
Kent
Bexley

Quote from silkythighslou
It doesnt take much to google the location, just a little common sense . If the model can't do that then there really isnt a lot of hope for them !

Exactly

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Dionne_94 kylied
AndrewF biggles485 cliffc djb1 Dphphotography fannmore iamge johntisbury JSP Kentrichuk Ladiesman mike0048 philippahh photomart Rhadamanthus siclews Steveh32 talldave68 vapourtrail