Reminder Secure

What should I do? Help!

04 September 2014 09:32
Emma86
Model

Thanks for reading guys

As states in my port please excuse my pathetic pictures as I am basically building a new portfolio, already have a few great photoshoots booked over the next month so keep your eyes peeled for my images.

Basically as I am 28 now I'm considering chopping my hair, like Emma Willis short but I am unsure what to do as I have always had very long hair. I basically just need a change, a more mature look and feel now I don't suit my hair so long

Any advice would be very welcome, as I have been told it could ruin my chances of getting shots booked

Many thanks Emma xx

Paul Hodson is off-line
04 September 2014 10:03
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

It would appeal to some - and not to others! You look as though you have good enough features to carry it off I have to say

My guess is that for glamour shoots it would be more of a disadvantage than for fashion
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

HowardJ is off-line
04 September 2014 12:17
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Hair takes a long time to grow long, so its a difficult one and only you can decide.

I think you have features that would work with the Emma Willis style hair.

Have you tried a short wig on?

Frank Van de Garde is off-line
04 September 2014 13:11
photofrank
Photographer

Netherlands
Amsterdam

You say you have some shoots booked. Maybe you better contact the photographers before going to the hairdresser.

I wouldn't dare to give you any advice. You look good as you are, and I cannot imagine how you would look with short hair.

04 September 2014 13:45
Socialdisaster
Photographer

You can't be everything to everyone. For everyone that says "i'll book you because of X", there's someone who says "I won't book you because of X".

There's no advice to give. Look how you want. But don't screw the people who have already booked you. Make changes between bookings and get the info on the port ASAP.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

marlham is off-line
05 September 2014 04:19
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Shave it all off and get a selection of wigs cheeky

05 September 2014 07:20
snapychapy
Photographer

keep it long x

Jesfish is off-line
05 September 2014 14:22
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I gave up taking peoples' advice on how I should have my hair because everyone has a different opinion... so now I do what I want, for me, not for photographers.

You have stunning features so could easily carry off a short hair-do!  Why don't you go for a mid length first and go shorter in stages if you like it, rather than chop off in one go!

05 September 2014 14:59
kjoleweb
Photographer

Cutting it would be vandalism....

Frank Sinnott is off-line
06 September 2014 02:02
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

You have a shot in your port with your hair up and it gives a good impression on how you might look with short hair. To which judging by the shot you look great. Though you can let your hair down so going permanent is the big step. ANTM always has the cutting the hair episode and in this a model either cuts or goes as the reality is if required for a shoot. A model may just have to get rid of the hair to get the job. Only you can answer that so is the shoot or shoots worth the cost of your hair or not.

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Daniel77
paulsstudio