no show

OldMaster is off-line
07 September 2014 16:35
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

It would be a fair point well made if you knew the circumstances! ! I was parking my car to catch the train to go to the shoot. The model in question had text me three times in the previous hour to tell me she had none of the items requested in my considerably detailed e mails to her to set up the shoot. She then lied to me to say she was already on the way....amazing how she managed to stay on line for the next hour including posting my negative reference. ..apparently obviously whilst she was driving!! She also had a shoot that evening thar she clearly felt was more of a priority.

So instead of jumping to conclusions you could google her and find out how many others she has been economical with the truth with. I have been shooting models for 30 years and never let anyone down ...apart from not missing a job either in 30 years, including over 600 weddings.

You might like to take into account the other references on my page....but of course you should never let balance come into it when you want to make an ill informed comment on the forums....

Have I helped clarify this situation for you now.....?

Neil Anderson is off-line
07 September 2014 19:06
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

But the point is that you don't know how many other blue faces are as unjust as yours.

To set an arbitrary number of blue faces as a limit would be unfair (for example) on someone who had been stranded during the volcano fiasco for a week (without access to Internet) and may have let down several people, or someone who has a car breakdown on way to a studio day and gets 3 people who feel the need to give her a blue face each.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Harvey Gordon is off-line
08 September 2014 04:09
ziggypot
Photographer
ziggypot
London

Quote from marlhamphoto
You have a negative reference on your profile following a late cancellation. Do you recommend that models observe similar criteria when choosing a photographer? Or is it somehow acceptable for a photographer to let a model down but not the other way round?

It should apply equally. Manners and professional courtesy should be for everyone.

marlham is off-line
08 September 2014 06:11
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from OldMaster
It would be a fair point well made if you knew the circumstances! ! I was parking my car to catch the train to go to the shoot. The model in question had text me three times in the previous hour to tell me she had none of the items requested in my considerably detailed e mails to her to set up the shoot. She then lied to me to say she was already on the way....amazing how she managed to stay on line for the next hour including posting my negative reference. ..apparently obviously whilst she was driving!! She also had a shoot that evening thar she clearly felt was more of a priority. So instead of jumping to conclusions you could google her and find out how many others she has been economical with the truth with. I have been shooting models for 30 years and never let anyone down ...apart from not missing a job either in 30 years, including over 600 weddings. You might like to take into account the other references on my page....but of course you should never let balance come into it when you want to make an ill informed comment on the forums.... Have I helped clarify this situation for you now.....?

You do realise you've just demonstrated the fallacy of your own argument don't you?

BTW I googled as you suggested but couldn't find anything of relevance.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Echo_soul_silver wakeywakey
jackw RenedeHaan shavardawkins skinz woody