Reminder Secure

no show

Steve Colby is off-line
03 September 2014 11:12
metro
Photographer
metro
London

i had a no show yesterday .there were studio costs /make up artist cost /my fee/ as the model re confirmed booking the day before...you have to ask yourself...is it pos to have a 3 strikes and their off policy metro

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
03 September 2014 11:31
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from metro
is it pos to have a 3 strikes and their off policy

We did try that in the past but it was self-defeating as the worst offenders simply created new profiles*.
Consensus when we consulted Premium members was that it was best to leave Multiple No-Show
profiles visible so that members could decide if the wished to take the chance and book them.

* A few years ago we could use IP tracking but in these days of widespread mobile internet access that is no longer feasible.

~~~~~~~~

Paul Hodson is off-line
03 September 2014 12:07
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Yup - leave them on

If anyone is daft enough to book someone with three recent blueys.......
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

marlham is off-line
03 September 2014 13:44
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from mph
Yup - leave them on

It wouldn't necessarily put me off laugh

Moi is off-line
03 September 2014 14:10
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from metro
i had a no show yesterday .there were studio costs /make up artist cost /my fee/ as the model re confirmed booking the day before...you have to ask yourself...is it pos to have a 3 strikes and their off policy metro

You could try http://www.itv.com/beontv/shows/judge-rinder I'm sure he'd be able to help
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Moi is off-line
03 September 2014 14:13
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from mph
Yup - leave them on 

Quote from marlhamphoto
It wouldn't necessarily put me off laugh

Which just goes to prove how difficult the moderators job can be, can't please all of the people
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Paul Hodson is off-line
04 September 2014 06:43
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from clearview_photography
Which just goes to prove how difficult the moderators job can be, can't please all of the people

I don't know - it pleases Mark as he is happy to book them - and me because I am not!  wink
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

OldMaster is off-line
04 September 2014 17:42
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Leave a negative reference and they are unlikely to get many bookings or will have to reduce their rates. With so much choice I would never book a model with a no show reference ...?

marlham is off-line
04 September 2014 18:14
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from OldMaster
Leave a negative reference and they are unlikely to get many bookings or will have to reduce their rates. With so much choice I would never book a model with a no show reference ...?

You have a negative reference on your profile following a late cancellation. Do you recommend that models observe similar criteria when choosing a photographer? Or is it somehow acceptable for a photographer to let a model down but not the other way round?

Profile Pictures is off-line
04 September 2014 18:22
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Fair point well made!

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ch_mon eclipsephoto ellessephotography jeromoek modelimaging Photojames43 Pictureimage rscott360