This thread is being watched by 1 person
jessica is off-line
29 August 2014 08:57
samdavies2009
Model
samdavies2009
Cardiff
pontypridd

hello im just starting out and would appreciate any hints or tips on how to make the most of the site??

thank yu

29 August 2014 11:43
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Well, a profile not written all in CAPS would be a nice start.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Keith Wells is off-lineSilver Member
30 August 2014 10:19
keithpics
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

You seem to be looking for paid work yet describe yourself as 'amateur'. There is no reason why you should not attract paid work so make it clear what you want. All the TF work in the world doesn't pay the bills.
And the CAPS didn't bother me.

Marcus Van Lyden is off-line
30 August 2014 18:43
mvl
Photographer

Essex
Dagenham

Strike up a relationship with local photographers, tidy up you portfolio showing versatility, the type of work you are looking for if you don't have a good quality image of the style you want leave it off until you have one.
Bon chance with the future

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
31 August 2014 03:29
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

The profile notes starting with small case and then caps look very lazy, like you cant even be bothered re-typing a line, like typical going through the motions "think I will put myself up in a model site but I'm just messing around really"

You look like you could get some work though. The snaps showing your figure are a good idea but are very unflattering. Do the same again but ask the photographer to take them from a low angle...camera position about thigh level.

Good luck.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

jessica is off-line
31 August 2014 03:35
samdavies2009
Model
samdavies2009
Cardiff
pontypridd

Thank you everyone for taking the time to write back with your feedback.
I still cannot see where I have used capital letters though??

thanks again

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
31 August 2014 04:27
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from samdavies2009
Thank you everyone for taking the time to write back with your feedback. I still cannot see where I have used capital letters though?? thanks again

It was the comments section so I assume you have corrected it since. Nothing major, looked like you caught the caps button while typing and did not realise. Lately I'm afraid that counts for high drama on this site while things are so quiet

Anyhow best of luck with your modelling.

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Frank Sinnott is online
31 August 2014 07:47
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

You don't come across as being happy in front of a camera. I don't mean you should be smiling but you need to look relaxed or appear comfortable.

marlham is off-line
31 August 2014 08:34
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from frankpht
You don't come across as being happy in front of a camera. I don't mean you should be smiling but you need to look relaxed or appear comfortable.

Some photographers have that effect on a model unfortunately.

jessica is off-line
31 August 2014 08:49
samdavies2009
Model
samdavies2009
Cardiff
pontypridd

oh dear if that's the case I think im in the wrong profession well it was my first shoot soo hopefully you can keep an eye on my profile as I add more pictures and tell if theres any improvement.

thanks again for all comments

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray Jessica_Knight pinklilly rob452
android_man antonart cliffc Daddylonglense Don_Dark donaldmac Elegant_element frankfoto frankpht GSC4X jefflynne Ladiesman mghphoto MIB mike0048 oro Phiesta1 Photojames43 psn RUPERT steveh32 supaglam terryturner Whitehorsephotography wsphoto Wtphotos