This thread is being watched by 2 people
Roxana is off-line
25 August 2014 13:07
Msxana
Model
Msxana
Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Completely new to this.. what are the normal rates to charge as a beginning model.. doing topless, lingerie and glamour shoots?

Thank you!
Msxana

Paul Hodson is off-line
25 August 2014 14:01
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

As you have a very limited portfolio at the moment it is not that likely you will get the better photographers looking to pay you. At the point where you do get offers - you are probably looking at £15-£20 per hour tops.

Be careful of early contacts - there are some less than desirable types fall on "fresh meat"
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

w4pictures is off-line
25 August 2014 17:22
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

You should probably start by getting a few TF shoots under your belt to build a portfolio which will attract photographers willing to pay you.

As above, avoid dodgy offers and choose photographers whose work will improve your port.

Good luck.

marlham is off-line
26 August 2014 03:49
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from mph
As you have a very limited portfolio at the moment it is not that likely you will get the better photographers looking to pay you. At the point where you do get offers - you are probably looking at £15-£20 per hour tops. Be careful of early contacts - there are some less than desirable types fall on "fresh meat"

I pretty much agree with the above.

Except that many models seem to have varying rates according to the style of images the photographer produces. Rates for 'tacky' am-glam are often higher - perhaps £45 per hour - particularly for new models as those photographers hustle for the opportunity to be amongst the first to shoot her without any clothes on.

Jaye  is off-line
27 August 2014 09:06
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

You're gorgeous! I'd say be wary of anyone offering you nude work straight away considering you don't have any professional pictures in your profile yet - the likelihood is they just want to see you naked! I'd do a TF shoot with a good local photographer, working up to whatever levels you are comfortable with and take it from there Internet modelling is hard to get your head around if you're new to the industry, so if you have any questions etc feel free to PM me! <3
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

Paul Hodson is off-line
27 August 2014 09:16
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jessicard
You're gorgeous! I'd say be wary of anyone offering you nude work straight away considering you don't have any professional pictures in your profile yet - the likelihood is they just want to see you naked! 3

Particularly as she does not offer levels above lingerie on her profile - though topless is mentioned in the post.  Tempting those who push levels if they think she is not sure how far to go............. 
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Nick Atkins is off-lineGold Member
28 August 2014 02:16
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
Oxfordshire

Maybe approach some photographers with good references in your area on a TF basis to kick-start your portfolio.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well.

Nick
I've taken a vow of poverty - if you really want to annoy me, send money.

28 August 2014 04:15
NiaomiMaiden
Model

Contact photographer & get some TF shoots to create a portfolio

click_gotcha is off-line
28 August 2014 06:01
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

If a photographer offers you £xx and you're happy with £xx then take it.

You will get no end of advice on here telling you to do loads of TF shoots first, but if you were near me I'd pay you.

Good luck!

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 August 2014 07:25
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from click_gotcha
If a photographer offers you £xx and you're happy with £xx then take it. You will get no end of advice on here telling you to do loads of TF shoots first, but if you were near me I'd pay you. Good luck!

But - (and this applies to TF and paid shoots) do check references carefully first by contacting models who have shot with the photographer.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 Katieann1
AaronKent Davidhunt dby47 Foxwellphoto George99 jccj1 Kjoservices nickdandalos Platidonio redbaron skymouse Spiritofwales stevegosh Thunder_Photos