Hi New Model :)

Lightwing12Star is off-line
25 August 2014 11:57
Lightwing12Star
Model
Lightwing12Star
North Yorkshire
York

Hi Im new. Just wondered if people could let me know what they think of my portfolio. I dont really have any experience of modelling. Here is the Link http://emmalightwing.wix.com/modelportfolio

Emma

Profile Pictures is off-line
25 August 2014 12:12
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Is it the same as your portfolio here? Having attention drawn to your portfolio here probably makes sense. If you want people to view you here of course.

Paul Hodson is off-line
25 August 2014 12:46
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

My feeling, having looked at both sites is that you are a pretty girl whose portfolio does not make the best of you.

That's a mixture of things - too many with limited expressions, not enough thought gone into the styling of the shots - and frankly some grim photography.

I'm sure with some more effort it could be much better.

All meant in the nicest most helpful way!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Lightwing12Star is off-line
25 August 2014 17:23
Lightwing12Star
Model
Lightwing12Star
North Yorkshire
York

Should I be a model or am I not right?

Profile Pictures is off-line
25 August 2014 17:58
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

That's not a question for anyone but you to answer I feel; if you want to, try it, if you don't - why start a website and page here?

Even the best of models here start with a fairly ordinary portfolio, the successful are noted by agencies or have drive, resilience and personalities which eventually get some results. The money and hours are rubbish for the majority I'd think, so you'd better be determined. Probably best off seeking advice from other models really, for real insight into it all.

Paul Hodson is off-line
26 August 2014 05:40
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Lightwing12Star
Should I be a model or am I not right?

Define model!

Internet modelling is quite different from real world modelling

If you would like the fun of posing and the possibility of getting some nice shots you can look back on - why not? If you mean as a career - probably not - just as I should not try to be a professional photographer!

Even getting a reasonable number of shoots as an internet model will involve quite a bit of effort in terms of looking for jobs and also time and money on clothes accessories and make-up - together with studying poses and developing your skills.

There are only a very small number of models who make any significant money without getting their kit off and it is clear from your profile this does not interest you - and nothing wrong with that.

See if you can get some TF shoots by posting a casting call - i.e. you pose and get images you can use for your portfolio as payment - but make sure you use guys whose own portfolios show they have the ability to do you justice. (and smile a bit more! )
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
infinitelizzy JodieEllen MissCaraJane
andygstudios Argentiq bbphotos BOBREEVES bradder chandos chicimages daseinphoto Dave@studio99 Daveinsurrey david1500 djb1 EdT Essexjohn GlasgowPhotographer Ianmcculloch James7799 JRFox Ladiesman liteangle magpie1 mamamiya markeos50d Matt1988 orca_photography panda49 redbaron skymouse Sp_digital stevegosh Steveharratt Thunder_Photos
matt